|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Selina, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Selina see at the park in Book 2?
(a) Lovers displaying affection toward each other.
(b) Birds mating.
(c) Her sister with a boy.
(d) Babies nursing.
2. How many siblings does Beryl have?
(a) Seven (7).
(b) Six (6).
(c) Five (5).
(d) Three (3).
3. In Book 2, Pastorale, what does Selina ask to do with her best friend?
(a) Visit a boy.
(b) Look for her father.
(c) Go to Prospect Park.
(d) Spend the afternoon at Coney Island.
4. Why did parents avoid teaching their daughters about sex in the early part of the 20th Century?
(a) Because they wanted to scare the girls.
(b) Because they thought that girls were evil.
(c) Because they knew that girls would never get married if they did not have knowledge about sex.
(d) Because they thought that the girls would not have sex if they did not know about it.
5. Which of the following is the reason upon which Clive bases his thoughts that Selina should not socialize with Whites?
(a) They will beat her.
(b) They just want to appear to be non-racist.
(c) They are liars and cheaters.
(d) They make fun of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Deighton at the mattress factory?
2. What do Selina and Beryl argue about in Book 2?
3. Whose wedding does the family attend in Book 3?
4. How does Silla react to Deighton's return following his trip to the bank to cash the check?
5. What does Selina do as Beryl comforts her at the park in Book 2?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)