Book 1, A Long Day and a Long Night, Chapters 1 & 2
1. Which of the following areas is the point from which the Boyce family emigrates?
(c) Puerto Rico.
2. What are Deighton's happy news?
(a) That he is buying a house.
(b) That he has gotten a job.
(c) That he has inherited land in Barbados.
(d) That they are about to have a son.
3. What type of job do most immigrant women in the story have?
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Doing laundry.
(d) Raising chickens.
4. Which of the following is the year in which the opening of the book is set?
5. In what part of New York does the Boyce family live?
(a) The Bronx.
(b) Little Italy.
6. How old is Selina at the opening of the book?
(a) Eight (8).
(b) Twelve (12).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) Sixteen (16).
7. What is Selina's sister's name?
8. What is the relationship between Selina and Beryl?
(c) Best friends.
(d) Mother and daughter.
This section contains 5,791 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)