Book 1, A Long Day and a Long Night, Chapters 1 & 2
• Brooklyn New York, 1939 - Barbados immigrants are living in old brownstones.
• Boyce family includes Selina and Ina, daughters of Deighton and Silla.
• Other boarders in the same brownstone include Suggie, Miss Mary, and her daughter, Maritze.
• Deighton receives a letter informing him that he has inherited land in Barbados.
• The land becomes a point of contention between Deighton and Silla.
• Silla wants to sell the land so that they can buy a house.
• Deighton is proud to own land and will not sell it.
• Not appearing in a family photo, Selina feels like an outcast in relation to her family.
• Ina is older and more experienced.
Book 1, A Long Day and a Long Night, Chapter 3
• Suggie has a date in her room, which irritates old maid, Maritze.
• Miss Mary chides her daughter for being jealous and needing to find...
This section contains 1,733 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)