Book 1, A Long Day and a Long Night, Chapters 1 & 2
* Brooklyn New York, 1939 - Barbados immigrants are living in old brownstones.
* Boyce family includes Selina and Ina, daughters of Deighton and Silla.
* Other boarders in the same brownstone include Suggie, Miss Mary, and her daughter, Maritze.
* Deighton receives a letter informing him that he has inherited land in Barbados.
* The land becomes a point of contention between Deighton and Silla.
* Silla wants to sell the land so that they can buy a house.
* Deighton is proud to own land and will not sell it.
* Not appearing in a family photo, Selina feels like an outcast in relation to her family.
* Ina is older and more experienced.
Book 1, A Long Day and a Long Night, Chapter 3
* Suggie has a date in her room, which irritates old maid, Maritze.
* Miss Mary chides her daughter for being jealous and needing to find...
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)