Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
2. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
3. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
4. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
5. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Alyosha's role as the representation of good is clear from the beginning to the end of the book. Part 1.) What reason does the author have for portraying Alyosha as the only representation of good? Part 2.) What might the author be saying about religious and spiritual people in relation to goodness based on his portrayal of Alyosha? Part 3.) Are there other characters present in the book that can be deemed good?
One of the main themes presented in the book is the dynamic of the father-son relationship. Part 1.) In what way is the father-son relationship portrayed abnormally in the book? Part 2.) What might the author be saying about the importance of being a good father based on the outcome of Fyodor's fate in the book? Part 3.) What reason does the author have for portraying a more realistic and normal father-son dynamic in Ilyusha and the Captain?
Examine the nature of Ivan's insanity. What might the author be saying about the implications of going insane?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)