|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
3. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
4. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
5. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects Smerdyakov's suicide had on the characters. What is the possibility of Mitya being exonerated for his father's murder had Smerdyakov not committed suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of the chapter titles in the book. What reason might the author have to impart such irony?
Essay Topic 3
One theme that is present throughout much of the book is the portrayal of friendship. Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the importance of having friendship in sibling relationships based on his portrayal of the Karamazov brothers? Part 2.) What is telling of the importance of friendship based on the author's portrayal of Kolya and the other boys?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)