Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
2. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
3. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
4. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
5. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Karamazov brothers with Ilyusha's family. What might the author be saying about the nature of the Karamazov family by making a direct comparison with Ilyusha's family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of man versus God theme. In what way does the author set up this theme with the representation of Ivan?
Essay Topic 3
One theme that is present throughout much of the book is the portrayal of friendship. Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the importance of having friendship in sibling relationships based on his portrayal of the Karamazov brothers? Part 2.) What is telling of the importance of friendship based on the author's portrayal of Kolya and the other boys?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)