|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
2. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
3. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
4. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes presented in the book is the dynamic of the father-son relationship. Part 1.) In what way is the father-son relationship portrayed abnormally in the book? Part 2.) What might the author be saying about the importance of being a good father based on the outcome of Fyodor's fate in the book? Part 3.) What reason does the author have for portraying a more realistic and normal father-son dynamic in Ilyusha and the Captain?
Essay Topic 2
The role of religion is one that is very pronounced throughout much of the book. Part 1.) How does Alysosha represent religious values in the book? Part 2.) What about the author's depiction of Zosima brings religion to the forefront in the book? Part 3.) In what way could you argue that the author presented his own voice about religion by including Zosima's teachings and speeches in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Mitya. What about the nature of this character suggests that he will be the downfall of the Karamazov family?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)