|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
2. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
4. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
5. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the controversy surrounding the presentation of Zosima's dead body. What about the description of Zosima's body is telling of the religious traditions of the time period?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Mitya's use of violence. What does Mitya's use of violence say about the nature of his character and his need for control?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of manipulation in the book. How do characters like Grushenka and Fyodor use manipulation to accomplish their goals?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)