Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
2. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
3. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
4. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
5. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
The role of religion is one that is very pronounced throughout much of the book. Part 1.) How does Alysosha represent religious values in the book? Part 2.) What about the author's depiction of Zosima brings religion to the forefront in the book? Part 3.) In what way could you argue that the author presented his own voice about religion by including Zosima's teachings and speeches in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of man versus God theme. In what way does the author set up this theme with the representation of Ivan?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the effects Smerdyakov's suicide had on the characters. What is the possibility of Mitya being exonerated for his father's murder had Smerdyakov not committed suicide?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)