|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
3. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
4. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
5. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the child Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
2. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
3. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
4. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
6. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
7. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
8. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
9. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
10. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Karamazov brothers with Ilyusha's family. What might the author be saying about the nature of the Karamazov family by making a direct comparison with Ilyusha's family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effects Smerdyakov's suicide had on the characters. What is the possibility of Mitya being exonerated for his father's murder had Smerdyakov not committed suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Fyodor in the book. In what way does the author set up this character to be hated and not sympathized?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)