|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
3. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
4. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
5. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
2. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
3. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
4. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
5. What happened to the child Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
6. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
7. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
8. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
9. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
10. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of Ivan's insanity. What might the author be saying about the implications of going insane?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character, Smerdyakov. In what ways did the author set up Smerdyakov as an unstable character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the inclusion of Zosima's teachings and recordings in the book. How might these recordings give spirituality and religion a voice?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)