Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
2. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
3. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
4. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
2. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. How do Alyosha and the group of boys go back to Illyusha's house at the end of the book?
5. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
6. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
7. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
8. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
9. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
10. What is the nature of the jury's verdict in Mitya's trial?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Mitya. What about the nature of this character suggests that he will be the downfall of the Karamazov family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character, Smerdyakov. In what ways did the author set up Smerdyakov as an unstable character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the controversy surrounding the presentation of Zosima's dead body. What about the description of Zosima's body is telling of the religious traditions of the time period?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)