|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
2. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
3. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
4. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
5. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katarina act towards Mitya when she visits him with Alyosha in the Epilogue, Chapter 2?
2. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
3. How is Captain Sneigiryov described after Ilyusha's funeral?
4. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
5. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
6. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
7. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
8. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
9. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
10. How do Alyosha and the group of boys go back to Illyusha's house at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Karamazov brothers with Ilyusha's family. What might the author be saying about the nature of the Karamazov family by making a direct comparison with Ilyusha's family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Ivan's insanity. What might the author be saying about the implications of going insane?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Alyosha and Mitya. What about the differences in these characters suggest who the protagonist will be?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)