|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
2. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
3. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
4. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
5. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
2. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
3. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
4. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
5. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
6. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
7. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
8. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
9. What does Zosima say in regards to the separation of church and state in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 5?
10. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of Russian society in the book. What is the author saying about Russian society based on the speeches given during Mitya's trial?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character Fyodor in the book. In what way does the author set up this character to be hated and not sympathized?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony of the chapter titles in the book. What reason might the author have to impart such irony?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)