|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
2. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
3. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
4. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
5. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Fyodor's actions described after the death of his second wife at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
3. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
4. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. What does Mitya confess he did with the money Katarina gave to him in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 5?
6. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
7. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
8. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
9. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
10. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Karamazov brothers with Ilyusha's family. What might the author be saying about the nature of the Karamazov family by making a direct comparison with Ilyusha's family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character Mitya. What about the nature of this character suggests that he will be the downfall of the Karamazov family?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Fyodor in the book. In what way does the author set up this character to be hated and not sympathized?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)