|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
2. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
3. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Medical experts.
(b) Mitya's friends.
(c) Mitya's brothers.
(d) Character witnesses.
4. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
(c) The Captain.
5. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
2. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
3. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
4. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
2. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
5. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
6. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
7. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
8. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
9. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
10. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)