|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
2. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A toy cannon.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Drowns himself.
(c) Poisons himself.
(d) Shoots himself.
4. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
5. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
2. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
3. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
4. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
5. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
2. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
5. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
6. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
7. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
8. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
9. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
10. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)