|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His epileptic fit.
(b) His quiet demeanor.
(c) His insanity.
(d) His niceness.
2. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A napsack.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
4. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
5. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
2. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
3. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
4. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
5. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
2. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
3. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
4. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
5. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
6. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
7. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
8. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
9. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
10. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)