|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
2. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
(a) Becomes sad.
(b) Takes pleasure in it.
(d) Becomes angry.
3. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
4. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
5. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
2. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
3. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
4. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
5. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
2. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
3. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
4. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
5. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
6. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
7. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
9. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
10. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)