|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
2. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Damaging them.
(b) Making them appear stupid.
(c) Refuting them.
(d) Making them cry.
3. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A book.
(c) A pound of nuts.
(d) A napsack.
4. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
(a) Fyodor was a bad person.
(b) Fyodor wasn't rich.
(c) Mitya was in another city.
(d) That there was no proof of money being in the envelope.
5. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(a) A guilty verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
2. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
3. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
4. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
2. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
3. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
4. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
5. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
6. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
7. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
8. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
9. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
10. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)