|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
(a) The devil.
(d) A demon.
2. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The church.
(c) French society.
(d) Russian society.
3. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
4. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His insanity.
(b) His niceness.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His epileptic fit.
5. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
2. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
3. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
4. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
5. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
2. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
3. What happens when Katarina gives the judge her letter from Mitya during his trial?
4. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
5. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
6. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
7. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
9. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
10. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)