|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her confines.
(b) Her bed.
(c) Her wheelchair.
(d) Her clothes.
2. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Not guilty on every count.
(b) Guilty of theft only.
(c) Guilty on every count.
(d) Guilty of murder only.
3. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
4. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
5. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
2. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
3. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
4. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
5. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
2. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
3. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
4. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
5. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
6. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
7. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
8. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
9. What happens when Katarina gives the judge her letter from Mitya during his trial?
10. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)