|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
2. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
3. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) French society.
(b) The church.
(c) Russian society.
(d) The Bible.
4. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) A napsack.
(b) A purse.
(c) An amulet.
(d) In his pocket.
5. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
2. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
3. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
4. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
5. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
5. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
6. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
7. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
8. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
9. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
10. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)