|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) The church.
(b) French society.
(c) Russian society.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
3. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder only.
(b) Guilty of theft only.
(c) Not guilty on every count.
(d) Guilty on every count.
4. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Alyosha's toe.
(c) Alyosha's finger.
(d) Her toe.
5. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
2. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
3. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
4. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
5. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
2. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
3. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
4. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
5. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
6. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
7. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
8. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
9. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
10. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)