|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(a) A history book.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A law book.
(d) The Bible.
2. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
(a) Humored him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Ruined him.
(d) Made him happy.
3. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(a) Their friendships.
4. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
5. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 3,000 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 2,000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
2. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
3. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
4. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
5. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
3. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
4. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
5. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
6. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
7. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
8. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
9. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
10. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)