|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
2. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty on every count.
(b) Guilty of theft only.
(c) Guilty of murder only.
(d) Not guilty on every count.
4. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
(a) Made him happy.
(b) Humored him.
(c) Ruined him.
(d) Hurt him.
5. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 2,000 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 3,000 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
2. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
3. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
4. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
5. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
2. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
3. What happens when Katarina gives the judge her letter from Mitya during his trial?
4. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
5. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
6. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
7. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
8. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
9. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
10. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)