|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder only.
(b) Guilty on every count.
(c) Guilty of theft only.
(d) Not guilty on every count.
2. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
3. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
4. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(d) A guilty verdict.
5. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The judge's.
(b) The prosecutor's.
(d) The defense attorney's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
2. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
3. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
4. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
5. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)