|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
2. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
3. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
4. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His quiet demeanor.
(b) His niceness.
(c) His epileptic fit.
(d) His insanity.
5. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
2. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
3. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
4. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
5. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
2. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
3. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
4. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
5. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
6. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
7. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
8. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
9. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
10. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)