|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The judge's.
(c) The defense attorney's.
(d) The prosecutor's.
2. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
(a) A demon.
(b) The devil.
3. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
4. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder only.
(b) Not guilty on every count.
(c) Guilty of theft only.
(d) Guilty on every count.
5. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His insanity.
(b) His niceness.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His epileptic fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
2. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
3. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
4. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
5. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)