|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A napsack.
2. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(b) A guilty verdict.
3. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her confines.
(c) Her wheelchair.
(d) Her clothes.
4. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) A week.
5. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
2. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
3. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
4. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
5. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
2. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
3. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
4. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
5. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
6. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
7. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
8. Why does the court refute the possibility of Smerdyakov killing Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 9?
9. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
10. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)