|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
2. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
4. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
5. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her bed.
(c) Her confines.
(d) Her wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
2. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
3. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
4. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
5. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
2. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
3. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
4. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
5. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
6. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
7. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
8. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
9. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
10. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)