|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
2. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(b) The crowd.
(c) The jury.
(d) The judge.
3. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 2,000 rubles.
(c) 3,000 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
4. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) He doesn't feel like it.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) It's none of their business.
(d) They are private.
5. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
2. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
4. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
5. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
2. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
3. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
4. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
5. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
6. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
7. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
9. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
10. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)