|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(a) Their friendships.
2. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
4. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His epileptic fit.
(b) His niceness.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His insanity.
5. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A thief.
(b) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(c) A drunkard and thief.
(d) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
2. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
3. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
4. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
5. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
3. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
4. How do Pyotr and Madame Khokhalakov act towards each other when they first meet?
5. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
6. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
7. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
8. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
9. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
10. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)