|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
2. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
3. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
4. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Making them appear stupid.
(b) Refuting them.
(c) Making them cry.
(d) Damaging them.
5. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His niceness.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His insanity.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
2. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
3. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
4. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
5. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
3. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
4. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
5. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
6. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
7. Describe Mitya's plea to the court in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 14.
8. How is Kolya described when he is first seen in Part 4, Book 10, Chapter 1?
9. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
10. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)