|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) They are private.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He doesn't feel like it.
(d) It's none of their business.
2. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
3. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
4. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Alyosha's toe.
(d) Alyosha's finger.
5. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A toy cannon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
2. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
3. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
4. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
5. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
2. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
3. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
4. What is the nature of Alyosha and Grushenka's discussion in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 1?
5. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
6. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
7. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
8. How does the judge react when Kirillovich begins quoting from the Bible loudly during Mitya's trial?
9. What is the nature of the voices Ivan hears in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 9?
10. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)