|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His niceness.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His insanity.
(d) His quiet demeanor.
2. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of theft only.
(b) Guilty of murder only.
(c) Guilty on every count.
(d) Not guilty on every count.
4. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Drowns himself.
(d) Poisons himself.
5. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
2. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
3. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
4. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
5. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
2. How are Fetyukovich's attempts to accuse Smerdyakov received in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 12?
3. What happens when Katarina gives the judge her letter from Mitya during his trial?
4. What is the nature of the discussion between Ivan and Smerdyakov in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 6?
5. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
6. How is Alyosha and Kolya's first interaction described?
7. How are the medical experts that are used in Mitya's trial described?
8. How does Mitya react when the police make him take off his clothes for examination?
9. What happens to Mitya after the police and prosecutors read his statement in Part 3, Book 9, Chapter 9?
10. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)