|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
2. What profession does Fyodor hold?
3. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A bag.
(b) A locket.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A sealed letter.
4. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That he will be hurt.
(b) That Fyodor will be late.
(c) That Fyodor will kill him.
(d) That he will be embarrassed.
5. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
2. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
3. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
4. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
5. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the child Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
2. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
3. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
4. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
6. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
7. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
8. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
9. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
10. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)