|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
(a) Her love for Mitya.
(b) Her hatred for Ivan.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) Her hatred for him.
2. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) St. Petersburgh.
3. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Grushenka's house.
(b) Ivan's house.
(c) Fyodor's house.
(d) Grigory's house.
4. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
5. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(b) Great friends.
(c) They stop speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
2. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
4. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
5. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
3. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
4. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
5. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
6. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
7. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
8. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
9. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
10. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)