|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
(a) In hardens.
(d) Emits an odor.
2. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) A fall.
(d) He breaks his foot.
3. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
(a) A butler.
(b) His son.
(c) A cook.
(d) A servant.
4. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
2. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
3. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
4. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
5. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the defense attorney describe Fyodor in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 13?
2. What points of contention does the defense lawyer introduce in Part 4, Book 12, Chapter 11?
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. How do Alyosha and the group of boys go back to Illyusha's house at the end of the book?
5. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
6. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
7. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
8. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
9. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
10. What is the nature of the jury's verdict in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)