|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him rich.
(b) Make him a better man.
(c) Make him happy.
(d) Make him famous.
2. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(c) Kuzma Samsonov.
3. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
4. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
(a) Emits an odor.
(c) In hardens.
5. What is the name of Alyosha's guardian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
2. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
4. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
5. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
2. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
3. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
4. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
5. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
6. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
7. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
8. How are Fyodor's actions described after the death of his second wife at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
10. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)