|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
2. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
3. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That he will be embarrassed.
(b) That Fyodor will kill him.
(c) That Fyodor will be late.
(d) That he will be hurt.
4. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) Great friends.
(b) They stop speaking.
5. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Blackmailed them.
(b) Bribed them.
(c) Forced them.
(d) Tricked them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
2. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
3. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
4. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
5. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
2. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
4. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
5. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
6. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
7. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
8. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
9. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
10. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)