|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(b) Women singing and dancing.
2. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
3. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
4. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
2. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
3. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
4. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Alyosha discover about a secret between Mitya and Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 4?
4. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
5. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
6. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
7. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
8. How is Grushenka's testimony in Mitya's trial described?
9. How does Katarina act towards Mitya when she visits him with Alyosha in the Epilogue, Chapter 2?
10. How is Lise described in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 3?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)