|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The coachman.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The bellhop.
2. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) He is attacked.
(b) Epileptic fit.
(c) He breaks his foot.
(d) A fall.
3. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
4. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) They stop speaking.
(c) Great friends.
5. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
2. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
3. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
4. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
5. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
2. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
3. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
4. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
5. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
6. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
7. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
8. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
9. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
10. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)