|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
2. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
3. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him rich.
(b) Make him happy.
(c) Make him a better man.
(d) Make him famous.
4. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
5. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
2. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
3. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
4. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
5. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
3. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
4. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
5. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
6. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
7. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
8. What does Zosima say in regards to the separation of church and state in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 5?
9. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
10. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)