|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
2. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Find gold mines.
(b) Run a shop.
(c) Work on the railroad.
(d) Build houses.
3. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
(a) To show his power.
(b) To make himself endearing.
(c) To show his support.
(d) To be annoying.
4. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) He laughs too loudly.
(d) A gentleman.
5. How old is Zosima the Elder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
3. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
4. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
5. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
2. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
3. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
4. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
5. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
6. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
7. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
8. What does Zosima say in regards to the separation of church and state in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 5?
9. How does Mitya act when he arrives to see Grushenka at a tavern in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
10. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)