|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of Alyosha's guardian?
3. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. How many times has Fyodor been married?
(a) 4 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 3 times.
5. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
2. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
3. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
4. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
5. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
2. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
4. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
6. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
7. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
8. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
9. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
10. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)