|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
(a) To show his support.
(b) To show his power.
(c) To make himself endearing.
(d) To be annoying.
2. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
(a) Her love for him.
(b) Her love for Mitya.
(c) Her hatred for Ivan.
(d) Her hatred for him.
3. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Christ's law.
(b) A conscience.
4. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
5. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The bellhop.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The coachman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
4. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
5. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
3. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
4. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
6. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
7. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
8. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
9. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
10. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)