|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
2. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) They stop speaking.
(c) Great friends.
3. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He breaks his foot.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) A fall.
4. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) Ecclesiastical courts.
(b) Russian society.
(c) The law.
(d) The church.
5. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
2. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
3. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
4. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
5. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
2. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
3. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
4. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
5. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
6. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
7. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
8. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
9. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
10. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)