|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
2. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(d) A Polish officer.
3. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Lise and Alyosha.
(b) Mitya and Katarina.
(c) Katarina and Ivan.
(d) Ivan and Mitya.
4. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
5. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(a) Pyotr Illyich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
2. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
3. Who is waiting to have an audience with Zosima at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
5. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
2. What does Mitya confess he did with the money Katarina gave to him in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 5?
3. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
4. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
6. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
7. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
8. What happened to the child Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
9. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
10. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)