|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Ivan's house.
(b) Grushenka's house.
(c) Fyodor's house.
(d) Grigory's house.
2. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
3. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
4. What profession does Fyodor hold?
5. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 400 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
2. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
3. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
5. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitya act when he arrives to see Grushenka at a tavern in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
2. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
4. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
5. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
6. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
7. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
8. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
9. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
10. What does Mitya confess he did with the money Katarina gave to him in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 5?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)