|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Run a shop.
(c) Find gold mines.
(d) Work on the railroad.
2. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
3. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A murder.
(c) An illness.
(d) A tragedy.
4. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(d) Pyotr Illyich.
5. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Mitya and Katarina.
(b) Lise and Alyosha.
(c) Ivan and Mitya.
(d) Katarina and Ivan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
2. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
4. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
5. What profession does Fyodor hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
2. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
4. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
5. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
6. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
7. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
8. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
9. What happened to the child Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
10. How does Mitya act when he arrives to see Grushenka at a tavern in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)