|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
2. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) Ecclesiastical courts.
(b) The law.
(c) The church.
(d) Russian society.
3. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
5. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A healer.
(d) A faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
2. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
3. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
4. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
5. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
2. How does Mitya act when he arrives to see Grushenka at a tavern in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
3. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
4. What does Captain Sneigiryov and Alyosha talk about regarding the Captain's son in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 6?
5. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
6. What does Zosima say in regards to the separation of church and state in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 5?
7. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
8. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
9. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
10. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)