|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Madame Khokhlakov.
2. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
3. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
4. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
2. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
3. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
4. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
5. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katarina ask Alyosha to do with 200 rubles in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 5?
2. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
3. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
4. How are Fyodor's actions described after the death of his second wife at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Mitya go to the local grocers in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 5?
6. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
7. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
8. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
9. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
10. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)