|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Fyodor hold?
2. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
3. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A sensual insect.
(b) A murderous intent.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A deep desire.
4. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(c) Pyotr Illyich.
5. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
2. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
3. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
4. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
5. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
2. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
4. What is the nature of Fyodor's accusations at the end of Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 8?
5. What does Smerdyakov confess to Ivan in Part 4, Book 11, Chapter 8?
6. How does the audience react while the jurors go into deliberation in Mitya's trial?
7. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
8. How does Mitya react just after he is arrested for the death of his father?
9. How is Captain Sneigiryov described after Ilyusha's funeral?
10. What is the nature of Ivan's testimony in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)