|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
2. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Quotes from the Bible.
(b) A story.
(c) A song.
3. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
4. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
5. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(a) Brown Palace.
(b) Blue Room.
(c) San Caravel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
2. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
3. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
4. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
2. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
4. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
5. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
6. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
7. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
8. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
9. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
10. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)