|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
3. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
4. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A bag.
(b) A sealed letter.
(c) A locket.
(d) An amulet.
5. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
2. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
3. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
4. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
5. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
2. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
4. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
5. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
6. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
7. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
8. How does Mitya act when he arrives to see Grushenka at a tavern in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
9. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
10. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)