|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Mitya and Katarina.
(b) Katarina and Ivan.
(c) Ivan and Mitya.
(d) Lise and Alyosha.
2. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
3. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) In the fields.
(b) On a boat.
(c) A fence.
(d) She falls off a building.
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
3. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
4. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
5. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mitya's actions at the beginning of Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3?
2. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
4. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
5. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
6. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
7. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
8. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
9. How are Fyodor's actions described after the death of his second wife at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the nature of the poem Ivan says in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 5?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)