|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That Fyodor will kill him.
(b) That he will be embarrassed.
(c) That Fyodor will be late.
(d) That he will be hurt.
2. What is the name of Alyosha's guardian?
3. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) The church.
(b) The law.
(c) Russian society.
(d) Ecclesiastical courts.
4. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Work on the railroad.
(c) Run a shop.
(d) Find gold mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
3. What is the name of the girl that Smerdyakov plays his instrument for?
4. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
2. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
3. What does Mitya do when Alyosha tells him of Grushenka's rudeness towards Katarina in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 11?
4. How are Katarina and Grushenka's actions towards each other described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 10?
5. How does Zosima appear when Alyosha visits him in Part 2, Book 6, Chapter 1?
6. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
7. What does Rakitin tell Alyosha when he runs into him in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 7?
8. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
9. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
10. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)