|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting to have an audience with Zosima at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
2. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
3. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That Fyodor will kill him.
(b) That he will be hurt.
(c) That he will be embarrassed.
(d) That Fyodor will be late.
4. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him happy.
(c) Make him a better man.
(d) Make him rich.
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His head wound.
(b) His black eye.
(c) His bum knee.
(d) His bite wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
2. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
3. How many times has Fyodor been married?
4. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
5. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
2. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
3. How does Fyodor act while at the monastery to make himself endearing in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 2?
4. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed by regarding his meeting with Zosima in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
6. How is Smerdyakov described in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 6?
7. How is Zosima's body described after he has died?
8. What does Mitya do with his dueling pistols in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 4?
9. What does Alyosha witness between a group of boys in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 3?
10. How does Fyodor act towards Stinking Lizavetta in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)