|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Find gold mines.
(b) Work on the railroad.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Run a shop.
2. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) In the fields.
(b) A fence.
(c) On a boat.
(d) She falls off a building.
3. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) Ecclesiastical courts.
(b) The church.
(c) The law.
(d) Russian society.
4. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
(b) Emits an odor.
(c) In hardens.
5. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
2. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
3. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
4. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
5. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitya burst into the house in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. What does Grushenka's Polish lover say to her in Part 3, Book 8, Chapter 7?
3. How does Fyodor react when he learns Alyosha wishes to enter the monastery?
4. How are Fyodor's actions described after the death of his second wife at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the nature of Ivan and Smerdyakov's conversation in Part 2, Book 5, Chapter 6?
6. What is the nature of Alyosha's vision that he has while at Zosima's coffin?
7. What does Fyodor say he is afraid of regarding Grushenka in Part 2, Book 4, Chapter 2?
8. How does Captain Sneigiryov react when Alyosha gives him the 200 rubles from Katarina?
9. What does Mitya confess he did with the money Katarina gave to him in Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 5?
10. How is Ivan's mental capacity described in Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)