|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(c) A guilty verdict.
2. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
(a) A demon.
(d) The devil.
3. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
4. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Alyosha's toe.
(d) Alyosha's finger.
5. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
6. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
7. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
8. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
9. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
10. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
11. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
12. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
(a) Pyotr Ilyich.
13. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His epileptic fit.
(b) His insanity.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His niceness.
14. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
15. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
2. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
3. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
4. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
5. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)