|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
(b) Pyotr Ilyich.
2. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Alyosha's finger.
(d) Alyosha's toe.
3. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A toy cannon.
(d) A dog.
4. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A napsack.
(c) A pound of nuts.
(d) A handkerchief.
6. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A pestle.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A stick.
(d) A bat.
7. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
8. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Poisons himself.
(b) Shoots himself.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Drowns himself.
9. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) He doesn't feel like it.
(b) They are private.
(c) It's none of their business.
(d) He is too proud.
10. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 3,000 rubles.
(b) 4,000 rubles.
(c) 1,000 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
11. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
12. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
13. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
14. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
15. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
2. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
3. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
4. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
5. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)