|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
2. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
3. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Refuting them.
(b) Making them cry.
(c) Damaging them.
(d) Making them appear stupid.
4. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A drunkard and thief.
(b) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A thief.
5. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
6. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
7. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
8. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The judge's.
(b) The prosecutor's.
(c) The defense attorney's.
9. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
10. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
11. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
(b) A demon.
(c) The devil.
12. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
13. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
14. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
15. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her wheelchair.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her confines.
(d) Her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
2. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
4. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
5. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)