|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
(a) A head injury.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A bad foot.
2. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A history book.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A law book.
3. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
4. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Hurting people.
(d) Having sex.
5. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
6. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
7. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
8. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
9. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A cat.
(b) A toy cannon.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
10. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(b) The devil.
11. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
12. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
13. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
14. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
(b) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(c) Kuzma Samsonov.
(d) Michael Makarov.
15. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
3. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
4. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
5. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)