|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The prosecutor's.
(b) The defense attorney's.
(d) The judge's.
2. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Kuzma Samsonov.
(b) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(c) Michael Makarov.
(d) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
3. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
4. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
5. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(b) The judge.
(c) The crowd.
(d) The jury.
6. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
7. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(b) A guilty verdict.
8. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
9. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
10. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
11. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(b) The devil.
12. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
13. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
14. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
(a) Filled with only family.
(c) Sparsely filled.
15. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
2. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
4. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
5. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)