|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
3. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
4. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
(a) Takes pleasure in it.
(b) Becomes sad.
(c) Becomes angry.
5. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Making them cry.
(b) Damaging them.
(c) Making them appear stupid.
(d) Refuting them.
6. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
7. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
8. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
9. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A napsack.
(c) A pound of nuts.
(d) A handkerchief.
10. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
11. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
12. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder only.
(b) Guilty on every count.
(c) Not guilty on every count.
(d) Guilty of theft only.
13. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
14. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(d) Their friendships.
15. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Alyosha's finger.
(b) Her finger.
(c) Alyosha's toe.
(d) Her toe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
2. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
3. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
4. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
5. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)