|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(b) Their friendships.
2. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
(a) Sentenced to a few years.
(c) Sentenced to life.
3. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
4. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) A napsack.
(b) An amulet.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) A purse.
5. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
6. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
(a) Their own conscience.
(b) The truth of Russia.
(c) The fate of humanity.
(d) The social standards.
7. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
(b) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(c) Michael Makarov.
(d) Kuzma Samsonov.
8. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
9. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The prosecutor's.
(c) The defense attorney's.
(d) The judge's.
10. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A thief.
(b) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(c) A drunkard and thief.
(d) A murderer.
11. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
12. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
(c) The village.
(d) St. Petersburgh.
13. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
14. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
15. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
2. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
3. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
4. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
5. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)