|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
(b) Sparsely filled.
(d) Filled with only family.
2. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
3. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Making them appear stupid.
(b) Damaging them.
(c) Refuting them.
(d) Making them cry.
4. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
5. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
6. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of theft only.
(b) Guilty on every count.
(c) Guilty of murder only.
(d) Not guilty on every count.
7. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
8. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
9. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bear.
(c) A toy cannon.
(d) A cat.
10. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
11. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
12. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Drowns himself.
(b) Poisons himself.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Hangs himself.
13. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
14. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A napsack.
(d) A handkerchief.
15. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
2. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
3. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
4. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
5. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)