|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A stick.
(b) A pestle.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A bat.
2. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 3,000 rubles.
(b) 2,000 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
3. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
4. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) It's none of their business.
(b) He doesn't feel like it.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) They are private.
5. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
6. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
(b) Kuzma Samsonov.
(c) Michael Makarov.
(d) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
7. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
8. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
9. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Drowns himself.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Poisons himself.
10. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
11. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
12. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(b) Their friendships.
13. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A book.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A napsack.
(d) A handkerchief.
14. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 1,000 rubles.
(b) 4,000 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
15. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of theft only.
(b) Guilty on every count.
(c) Not guilty on every count.
(d) Guilty of murder only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
3. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
4. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
5. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)