|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 3,000 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
(d) 2,000 rubles.
2. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
3. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
4. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His quiet demeanor.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His niceness.
(d) His insanity.
5. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(b) The jury.
(c) The crowd.
(d) The judge.
6. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
7. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Alyosha's finger.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Her finger.
(d) Alyosha's toe.
8. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A bad foot.
(c) A head injury.
(d) A broken leg.
9. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A pound of nuts.
(b) A book.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A napsack.
10. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
11. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) A napsack.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A purse.
12. What does the defense attorney suggest Fyodor was not in terms of a father during his speech in Mitya's trial?
13. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
14. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
15. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
2. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
3. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
4. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)