|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
2. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Michael Makarov.
(b) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(c) Kuzma Samsonov.
(d) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
3. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
4. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Mitya's brothers.
(b) Character witnesses.
(c) Medical experts.
(d) Mitya's friends.
5. Who becomes loud and angry and is warned by the judge to stay in bounds in Book 12, Chapter 14?
6. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
7. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A drunkard and thief.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(d) A thief.
8. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Poisons himself.
(b) Shoots himself.
(c) Drowns himself.
(d) Hangs himself.
9. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His niceness.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His insanity.
10. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
11. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Hurting people.
(c) Having sex.
(d) Helping others.
12. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(b) The jury.
(c) The judge.
(d) The crowd.
13. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
14. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
(a) Ruined him.
(b) Made him happy.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Humored him.
15. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A toy cannon.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
2. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
3. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
4. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
5. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)