|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(a) The judge.
(b) The jury.
(d) The crowd.
2. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 5,000 rubles.
(b) 3,000 rubles.
(c) 4,000 rubles.
(d) 1,000 rubles.
3. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
4. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A stick.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A pestle.
(d) A bat.
5. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
6. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
7. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
8. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
9. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
10. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(d) A guilty verdict.
11. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Alyosha's toe.
(b) Her finger.
(c) Her toe.
(d) Alyosha's finger.
12. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A pound of nuts.
(b) A book.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A napsack.
13. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
14. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
15. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His insanity.
(b) His quiet demeanor.
(c) His epileptic fit.
(d) His niceness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
2. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
3. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
4. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
5. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)