|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
2. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
(a) The fate of humanity.
(b) Their own conscience.
(c) The truth of Russia.
(d) The social standards.
3. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) A napsack.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A purse.
(d) In his pocket.
4. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(a) A history book.
(b) A law book.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A book of poems.
5. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
6. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
7. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
8. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
9. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
(b) A demon.
(c) The devil.
10. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
11. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
12. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
(a) Sparsely filled.
(d) Filled with only family.
13. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
(a) 2,000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
14. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
15. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
2. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
3. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
4. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
5. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)