|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 5,000 rubles.
(b) 3,000 rubles.
(c) 4,000 rubles.
(d) 1,000 rubles.
2. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
(a) 2,000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 3,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
3. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
4. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
(a) Humored him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Made him happy.
(d) Ruined him.
6. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
7. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 2,000 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
8. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(b) The devil.
9. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The judge's.
(b) The prosecutor's.
(d) The defense attorney's.
10. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
11. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
(a) The Captain.
12. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A thief.
(b) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A drunkard and thief.
13. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
(a) The jury.
(b) The crowd.
(c) The judge.
14. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His insanity.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His niceness.
15. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
(c) Pyotr Ilyich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
2. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
3. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
4. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
5. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)