|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
2. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
3. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(c) The devil.
4. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
(b) Pyotr Ilyich.
5. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
6. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
(c) Sparsely filled.
(d) Filled with only family.
7. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
8. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) The church.
(b) Russian society.
(c) The Bible.
(d) French society.
9. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
10. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A toy cannon.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Mitya ask the court for in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(d) A guilty verdict.
12. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
13. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
14. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A head injury.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A bad foot.
15. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) It's none of their business.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) They are private.
(d) He doesn't feel like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
2. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
3. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
4. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
5. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)