|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Mitya's brothers.
(b) Mitya's friends.
(c) Character witnesses.
(d) Medical experts.
2. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
3. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
4. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
5. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
6. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
7. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
8. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
9. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
10. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
11. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
12. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Alyosha's finger.
(c) Her toe.
(d) Alyosha's toe.
13. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The judge's.
(b) The defense attorney's.
(c) The prosecutor's.
14. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Michael Makarov.
(b) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
(c) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(d) Kuzma Samsonov.
15. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) 2 months.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
2. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
3. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
4. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
5. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)