|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
2. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 2,000 rubles.
(b) 3,000 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
3. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
4. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
5. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
(a) Sentenced to life.
(c) Sentenced to a few years.
6. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A drunkard and thief.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A drunkard and scoundrel.
7. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The defense attorney's.
(b) The prosecutor's.
(c) The judge's.
8. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
9. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of theft only.
(b) Not guilty on every count.
(c) Guilty of murder only.
(d) Guilty on every count.
10. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) The devil.
11. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
12. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
13. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
14. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
15. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Drowns himself.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Poisons himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
2. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
3. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
4. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
5. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)