|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
2. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
3. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He doesn't feel like it.
(c) It's none of their business.
(d) They are private.
4. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Alyosha's toe.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Alyosha's finger.
(d) Her finger.
5. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
6. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 3,000 rubles.
(b) 1,000 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 4,000 rubles.
7. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
8. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A bat.
(c) A stick.
(d) A pestle.
9. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
(a) Michael Makarov.
(b) Ilyusha Snegiryov.
(c) Kuzma Samsonov.
(d) Mikhail Makarovich Kakarov.
10. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
11. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Hurting people.
(c) Helping others.
(d) Having sex.
12. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
(a) Takes pleasure in it.
(c) Becomes sad.
(d) Becomes angry.
13. What does Mitya cry out that Katarina has done to him after she testifies in his trial?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Made him happy.
(c) Ruined him.
(d) Humored him.
14. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A thief.
(b) A drunkard and thief.
(c) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(d) A murderer.
15. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
(c) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
2. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
3. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
4. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
5. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)