|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Hurting people.
(d) Having sex.
2. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A napsack.
(b) A book.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A pound of nuts.
3. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) A napsack.
(b) An amulet.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) A purse.
4. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
5. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
6. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
7. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Medical experts.
(b) Character witnesses.
(c) Mitya's friends.
(d) Mitya's brothers.
8. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The prosecutor's.
(b) The judge's.
(c) The defense attorney's.
9. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
10. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
(a) A head injury.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A bad foot.
11. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
(a) A law book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A history book.
(d) A book of poems.
12. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(d) A drunkard and thief.
13. What gift does Kolya give to Illyusha when he visits him in Part 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A toy cannon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bear.
14. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
15. Whose story is told in Book 10, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
2. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
3. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
4. Who is not sympathetic to the prosecuting attorney when he objects the defense's final speech?
5. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)