|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grushenka tell Alyosha that she believes Mitya has a secret with?
2. Who is Alyosha planning to meet with to discuss Mitya's planned escape at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A napsack.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A book.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) He doesn't feel like it.
(b) They are private.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) It's none of their business.
5. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
6. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A stick.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A bat.
(d) A pestle.
7. Whose oration does the audience applaud at the end of Mitya's trial?
(a) The prosecutor's.
(b) The defense attorney's.
(c) The judge's.
8. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
9. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
10. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Medical experts.
(b) Character witnesses.
(c) Mitya's brothers.
(d) Mitya's friends.
11. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
(b) Sentenced to a few years.
(d) Sentenced to life.
12. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
13. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 2,000 rubles.
(c) 3,000 rubles.
(d) 500 rubles.
14. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Poisons himself.
(d) Drowns himself.
15. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
2. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
3. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
4. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
5. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)