|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
2. Who goes to the witness stand in Mitya's trial after Alyosha?
3. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
4. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) It's none of their business.
(b) He doesn't feel like it.
(c) They are private.
(d) He is too proud.
5. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
6. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 months.
7. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A purse.
(d) A napsack.
8. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
9. Who tries to create doubt in the minds of the jurors in Book 12, Chapter 12?
10. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Making them cry.
(b) Refuting them.
(c) Making them appear stupid.
(d) Damaging them.
11. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Drowns himself.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Poisons himself.
12. Who does Katarina say she has a newfound love for in Book 12, Chapter 6?
13. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) French society.
(b) Russian society.
(c) The church.
(d) The Bible.
14. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Hurting people.
(c) Helping others.
(d) Having sex.
15. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kolya take his dog to go meet that was one of the boys throwing rocks at another boy?
2. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
3. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
4. What does Kirillovich begin quoting from during Mitya's trial in Book 12, Chapter 14?
5. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)