|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searches for Mitya at the beginning of Book 9, Chapter 1?
(b) Pyotr Ilyich.
2. Who does Ivan speak wildly about during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
(a) The devil.
3. What does Lise tell Alyosha that she feels when she reads horrible things?
(a) Takes pleasure in it.
(c) Becomes sad.
(d) Becomes angry.
4. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
(c) Sentenced to a few years.
(d) Sentenced to life.
5. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
6. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
7. Who is Alyosha shocked to see that Katarina is in love with in the Epilogue?
8. Who does Ivan go to see when he returns from Moscow in Book 11, Chapter 7?
9. What does Lise say she is glad about seeing when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Hurting people.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Helping others.
10. Who does Katarina show Alyosha a letter from in Book 11, Chapter 7?
11. Who does Mitya believe he is being arrested for the murder of in Part 3?
12. What does the prosecutor say the defense has only presented in Book 12, Chapter 14?
13. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
(a) St. Petersburgh.
(d) The village.
14. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His epileptic fit.
(b) His insanity.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His niceness.
15. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
2. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
3. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
4. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
5. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)