|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her confines.
(d) Her wheelchair.
2. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A napsack.
(c) A pound of nuts.
(d) A book.
3. Where is Mitya planning on escaping to after his trial?
4. What is Madame Khokhlakov sick in bed with in Book 11?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A bad foot.
(d) A head injury.
5. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
(a) Fyodor was a bad person.
(b) Mitya was in another city.
(c) That there was no proof of money being in the envelope.
(d) Fyodor wasn't rich.
6. Who confesses to Ivan that he killed Fyodor?
7. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
8. What does the prosecutor's speech appear to be to the peasants and Russians in the courtroom?
9. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Drowns himself.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Poisons himself.
10. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty on every count.
(b) Not guilty on every count.
(c) Guilty of murder only.
(d) Guilty of theft only.
11. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(d) A drunkard and thief.
12. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
13. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
14. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
15. Which of the following things do Kolya and Alyosha not talk about in Book 10, Chapter 6?
(a) Their friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
2. What is the name of the local district commissioner of Police that Pyotr visits?
3. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
4. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
5. Who is thrown out of the courtroom along with Katarina during Mitya's trial?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)