|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
2. What does the prosecutor suggest took over Mitya and caused him to kill his father?
3. Where do police determine that Mitya should be taken back to and the investigation continued?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
(d) The village.
4. What reason does Mitya give for not telling the police all of the details when being questioned in Part 3, Book 9?
(a) They are private.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He doesn't feel like it.
(d) It's none of their business.
5. Who is the first person called to testify from Mitya's family during his trial?
6. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Drowns himself.
(c) Poisons himself.
(d) Shoots himself.
7. Who does the prosecutor bring up the possibility of killing Fyodor, but dismisses it because of medical reasons?
8. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
(a) Her toe.
(b) Alyosha's toe.
(c) Alyosha's finger.
(d) Her finger.
9. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
(a) Russian society.
(b) French society.
(c) The church.
(d) The Bible.
10. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
(a) A week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) 2 months.
11. Who is called in but found that their opinions are useless in Mitya's trial?
(a) Medical experts.
(b) Mitya's brothers.
(c) Mitya's friends.
(d) Character witnesses.
12. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A pestle.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A bat.
(d) A stick.
13. How many days since Mitya's trial had it been at the beginning of the Epilogue?
14. What does the audience say they believe should be the verdict in Mitya's trial while the jurors go into deliberation?
(b) Sentenced to life.
(d) Sentenced to a few years.
15. Who cries after Ilyusha's doctor leaves in Part 4, Book 10?
(c) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mitya claim he had been carrying the money he had received from Katarina?
2. How old is the girl that Kolya is charged with watching that adores him?
3. Who is said to be a known suitor of Madame Khokhlakov?
4. What is the name of Kolya's dog?
5. Who does Alyosha go to meet in at the beginning of the Epilogue?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)