|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
(a) On a board.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In a bed.
(d) An open coffin.
2. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Work on the railroad.
(b) Build houses.
(c) Run a shop.
(d) Find gold mines.
3. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) A fall.
(d) He breaks his foot.
4. What profession does Fyodor hold?
5. How old is Zosima the Elder?
6. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(d) Kuzma Samsonov.
7. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(d) St. Petersburgh.
8. How many times has Fyodor been married?
(b) 3 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 4 times.
9. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
10. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
11. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) Womanizing and drinking.
(b) He beat his sons.
(d) He became a recluse.
12. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
13. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
14. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He laughs too loudly.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) A gentleman.
15. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His head wound.
(b) His bite wound.
(c) His black eye.
(d) His bum knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
2. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
3. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
4. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
5. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)