|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
2. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Walking on water.
(b) Turning water to wine.
(c) Baptizing someone.
(d) Feeding the hungry.
3. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Katarina and Ivan.
(b) Ivan and Mitya.
(c) Mitya and Katarina.
(d) Lise and Alyosha.
4. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(d) Pyotr Illyich.
5. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(b) A Polish officer.
6. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
7. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(d) Women singing and dancing.
8. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
9. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(b) Captain Snegiryov.
10. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
(d) Old friends.
11. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
12. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(a) Beaten up.
(c) Talked about.
(d) Laughed at.
13. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
14. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
(a) A servant.
(b) A butler.
(c) A cook.
(d) His son.
15. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
2. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
3. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
4. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)