|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
2. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
3. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(b) Christ's law.
(c) A conscience.
4. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
5. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(a) San Caravel.
(c) Blue Room.
(d) Brown Palace.
6. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
7. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
8. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
(b) A girl named Maria.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) Religion and renouncing faith.
9. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
10. How old is Zosima the Elder?
11. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
12. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(d) A Polish officer.
13. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
14. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
15. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A sealed letter.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A bag.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
3. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
4. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)