|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alyosha's guardian?
2. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(d) St. Petersburgh.
3. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(a) Laughed at.
(c) Beaten up.
(d) Talked about.
4. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
5. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(d) St. Petersburgh.
6. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
7. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Fyodor's house.
(b) Ivan's house.
(c) Grigory's house.
(d) Grushenka's house.
8. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
9. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(b) Captain Snegiryov.
10. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Blackmailed them.
(b) Bribed them.
(c) Tricked them.
(d) Forced them.
11. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
12. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A murderous intent.
(c) A sensual insect.
(d) A deep desire.
13. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A song.
(c) Quotes from the Bible.
(d) A story.
14. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) Ecclesiastical courts.
(b) The church.
(c) The law.
(d) Russian society.
15. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
2. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
3. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
4. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)