|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) A fall.
(b) He breaks his foot.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) Epileptic fit.
2. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
3. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(b) Madame Khokhlakov.
4. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
5. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Forced them.
(b) Tricked them.
(c) Bribed them.
(d) Blackmailed them.
6. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
7. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The coachman.
(c) The bellhop.
8. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
(a) Shamed him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Cursed him.
(d) Hurt him.
9. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
10. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A healer.
(d) A faster.
11. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
12. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
13. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
14. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) An illness.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A murder.
(d) A miracle.
15. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
(a) The church.
(b) His sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
2. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
3. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
4. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
5. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)