|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
2. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
3. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
(a) If he can talk.
(b) How he will act.
(c) What he will do.
(d) What he is thinking.
4. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Run a shop.
(c) Work on the railroad.
(d) Find gold mines.
5. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
6. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
7. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
8. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
(a) To make himself endearing.
(b) To show his power.
(c) To be annoying.
(d) To show his support.
9. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
10. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His head wound.
(b) His bum knee.
(c) His black eye.
(d) His bite wound.
11. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) Great friends.
(c) They stop speaking.
12. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him a better man.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him rich.
(d) Make him happy.
13. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
14. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 400 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
15. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That Fyodor will be late.
(b) That he will be embarrassed.
(c) That Fyodor will kill him.
(d) That he will be hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Fyodor been married?
2. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
3. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
4. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
5. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)