|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fyodor say is the reason he is babbling during the meeting with the Elder?
(a) To make himself endearing.
(b) To show his support.
(c) To show his power.
(d) To be annoying.
2. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His bum knee.
(b) His bite wound.
(c) His head wound.
(d) His black eye.
3. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Christ's law.
(b) A conscience.
4. How old is Zosima the Elder?
5. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
6. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(c) Captain Snegiryov.
7. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Grushenka's house.
(b) Fyodor's house.
(c) Ivan's house.
(d) Grigory's house.
8. What is the name of the girl that Smerdyakov plays his instrument for?
9. What profession does Fyodor hold?
10. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
11. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Ivan and Mitya.
(b) Lise and Alyosha.
(c) Mitya and Katarina.
(d) Katarina and Ivan.
12. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) He beat his sons.
(b) He became a recluse.
(c) Womanizing and drinking.
13. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 400 rubles.
14. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) He laughs too loudly.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) A buffoon.
15. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him happy.
(b) Make him a better man.
(c) Make him rich.
(d) Make him famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
2. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
3. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
4. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
5. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)