|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
3. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
4. What profession does Fyodor hold?
5. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
6. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
7. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
8. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
9. Who is waiting to have an audience with Zosima at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
10. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Mitya and Katarina.
(b) Katarina and Ivan.
(c) Ivan and Mitya.
(d) Lise and Alyosha.
11. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(a) San Caravel.
(b) Blue Room.
(d) Brown Palace.
12. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A healer.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A faster.
13. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
14. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(d) A Polish officer.
15. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
2. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
3. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
4. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)