|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
2. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) Womanizing and drinking.
(b) He beat his sons.
(d) He became a recluse.
3. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He breaks his foot.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) A fall.
4. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is excited.
6. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
7. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A murderous intent.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A deep desire.
(d) A sensual insect.
8. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
9. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Find gold mines.
(c) Work on the railroad.
(d) Run a shop.
10. Who peeks through a door and looks at Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
11. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
12. Who is waiting to have an audience with Zosima at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Madame Khokhlakov.
13. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(d) St. Petersburgh.
14. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Christ's law.
(c) A conscience.
15. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
2. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
3. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
4. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
5. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)