|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
2. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
3. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(a) Blue Room.
(b) Brown Palace.
(d) San Caravel.
4. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
5. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
6. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
7. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
8. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
9. What is the name of Alyosha's guardian?
10. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is sad.
11. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A song.
(c) A story.
(d) Quotes from the Bible.
12. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
13. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Find gold mines.
(c) Work on the railroad.
(d) Run a shop.
14. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) Womanizing and drinking.
(c) He became a recluse.
(d) He beat his sons.
15. How many times has Fyodor been married?
(a) 3 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 2 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
2. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
3. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
4. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
5. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)