|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(a) Beaten up.
(b) Talked about.
(c) Laughed at.
2. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
3. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Quotes from the Bible.
(c) A story.
(d) A song.
4. Who peeks through a door and looks at Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
6. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(c) Captain Snegiryov.
7. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(a) St. Petersburgh.
8. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
9. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
(a) On the ground.
(b) On a board.
(c) In a bed.
(d) An open coffin.
10. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Blackmailed them.
(b) Tricked them.
(c) Bribed them.
(d) Forced them.
11. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
12. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
13. Where do Fyodor and his friends find the insane woman who roamed about town in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) In a pub.
(b) In a boardinghouse.
(c) On the riverbank.
(d) On a curb.
14. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
15. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
2. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
3. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
4. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
5. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)