|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) They stop speaking.
(d) Great friends.
3. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
4. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
5. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
6. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) A fall.
(d) He breaks his foot.
7. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him rich.
(b) Make him happy.
(c) Make him a better man.
(d) Make him famous.
8. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Feeding the hungry.
(b) Walking on water.
(c) Turning water to wine.
(d) Baptizing someone.
9. Who peeks through a door and looks at Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
10. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
11. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
12. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
13. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) Kicks him.
14. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Quotes from the Bible.
(c) A story.
(d) A song.
15. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A miracle.
(c) An illness.
(d) A murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
2. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
3. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
4. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
5. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)