|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
2. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(b) Great friends.
(c) They stop speaking.
3. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
4. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
(a) Religion and renouncing faith.
(b) His inheritance.
(d) A girl named Maria.
5. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
6. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
7. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Shamed him.
(d) Cursed him.
8. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
9. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
10. Who is waiting to have an audience with Zosima at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
11. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
(c) Old friends.
12. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(a) Laughed at.
(c) Beaten up.
(d) Talked about.
13. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
14. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(b) Madame Khokhlakov.
15. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
2. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
3. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
5. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)