|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
2. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
3. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
(a) On the ground.
(b) On a board.
(c) An open coffin.
(d) In a bed.
4. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
(a) Shamed him.
(b) Cursed him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Hurt him.
5. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
(a) Old friends.
6. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
7. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Forced them.
(b) Bribed them.
(c) Tricked them.
(d) Blackmailed them.
8. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Ivan and Mitya.
(b) Lise and Alyosha.
(c) Katarina and Ivan.
(d) Mitya and Katarina.
9. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
10. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His head wound.
(b) His bum knee.
(c) His bite wound.
(d) His black eye.
11. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him a better man.
(c) Make him happy.
(d) Make him rich.
12. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Find gold mines.
(c) Work on the railroad.
(d) Run a shop.
13. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
14. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A story.
(c) Quotes from the Bible.
(d) A song.
15. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
2. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
3. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Mitya's fiancé that he is abandoning for another woman?
5. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)