|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) A girl named Maria.
(c) Religion and renouncing faith.
2. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
3. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
4. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
5. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) He breaks his foot.
(b) A fall.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) Epileptic fit.
6. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
7. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
8. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
9. How old is Zosima the Elder?
10. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) He laughs too loudly.
(d) A gentleman.
11. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(a) A Polish officer.
12. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) He became a recluse.
(b) He beat his sons.
(d) Womanizing and drinking.
13. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
14. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
15. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
2. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
3. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
4. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
5. What is the name of the girl that Smerdyakov plays his instrument for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)