|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Quotes from the Bible.
(c) A song.
(d) A story.
2. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
3. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) In the fields.
(b) She falls off a building.
(c) A fence.
(d) On a boat.
4. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
5. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
(a) A butler.
(b) A servant.
(c) His son.
(d) A cook.
6. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A deep desire.
(b) A sensual insect.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A murderous intent.
7. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
8. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
9. How old is Zosima the Elder?
10. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
11. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
12. How much money did Katarina give to Mitya after they became engaged?
(a) 3,000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 1,000 rubles.
(d) 2,000 rubles.
13. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Shamed him.
(d) Cursed him.
14. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The bellhop.
(b) The bartender.
(d) The coachman.
15. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
(a) A girl named Maria.
(b) Religion and renouncing faith.
(d) His inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
2. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
3. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
4. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)