|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) On a boat.
(b) A fence.
(c) In the fields.
(d) She falls off a building.
2. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(b) Kuzma Samsonov.
3. How much money did Katarina give to Mitya after they became engaged?
(a) 3,000 rubles.
(b) 2,000 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 1,000 rubles.
4. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
5. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A sensual insect.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A murderous intent.
(d) A deep desire.
6. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
7. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A faster.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A healer.
8. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
9. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
10. Who peeks through a door and looks at Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
11. Where do Fyodor and his friends find the insane woman who roamed about town in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) In a boardinghouse.
(b) On a curb.
(c) On the riverbank.
(d) In a pub.
12. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(a) St. Petersburgh.
13. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
14. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
15. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
2. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
4. What profession does Fyodor hold?
5. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)