|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(a) Pyotr Illyich.
2. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
3. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(b) Captain Snegiryov.
4. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
5. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
6. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A healer.
(c) A faster.
(d) A martyr.
7. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Ivan's house.
(b) Grushenka's house.
(c) Fyodor's house.
(d) Grigory's house.
8. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
9. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(b) He became a recluse.
(c) Womanizing and drinking.
(d) He beat his sons.
10. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
11. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is excited.
12. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
(a) The church.
(c) His sons.
13. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(a) Kuzma Samsonov.
14. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
15. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(a) Women singing and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
3. What profession does Fyodor hold?
4. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)