|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
2. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
3. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) The law.
(b) Ecclesiastical courts.
(c) The church.
(d) Russian society.
4. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
5. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
(c) His sons.
(d) The church.
6. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Shamed him.
(c) Cursed him.
(d) Hit him.
7. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(a) They stop speaking.
(b) Great friends.
8. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
9. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) A fence.
(b) She falls off a building.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In the fields.
10. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
11. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) Katarina and Ivan.
(b) Mitya and Katarina.
(c) Ivan and Mitya.
(d) Lise and Alyosha.
12. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
13. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(b) Pyotr Illyich.
14. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
15. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
2. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
3. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
4. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)