|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
2. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
3. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A sealed letter.
(c) A bag.
(d) A locket.
4. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
6. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
7. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
8. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(b) They stop speaking.
(d) Great friends.
9. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
10. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The bartender.
(c) The coachman.
(d) The bellhop.
11. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
12. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(c) Women singing and dancing.
13. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
14. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
15. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A healer.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
2. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
4. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
5. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)