|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) He became a recluse.
(b) He beat his sons.
(c) Womanizing and drinking.
2. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) A buffoon.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He laughs too loudly.
(d) A gentleman.
3. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
4. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(b) The bartender.
(c) The coachman.
(d) The bellhop.
5. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A locket.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A sealed letter.
(d) A bag.
6. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
7. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
8. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(d) Captain Snegiryov.
9. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
10. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad.
11. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
(a) In a bed.
(b) On a board.
(c) An open coffin.
(d) On the ground.
12. Who does Mitya hit first after smashing through the house in Book 3, Chapter 9?
13. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A healer.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A faster.
14. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
15. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Walking on water.
(b) Baptizing someone.
(c) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Turning water to wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
2. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
4. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
5. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)