|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Slaps him.
2. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
3. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
4. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
5. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
(a) Her hatred for Ivan.
(b) Her hatred for him.
(c) Her love for Mitya.
(d) Her love for him.
6. Where is Ivan supposed to close a deal for his father in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
7. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
8. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
9. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Fyodor's house.
(b) Ivan's house.
(c) Grushenka's house.
(d) Grigory's house.
10. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(a) Pyotr Illyich.
11. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
12. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
(c) Madame Khokhlakov.
13. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
14. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
15. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) She falls off a building.
(b) In the fields.
(c) On a boat.
(d) A fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
2. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
3. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
4. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
5. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)