|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
2. Which person is not at the table with Grushenka when Mitya arrives at the tavern?
(a) A Polish officer.
3. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A faster.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A healer.
4. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
5. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
6. What do Katarina and Grushenka act like when Alyosha visits them in Part 1?
(a) Old friends.
7. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Tricked them.
(b) Bribed them.
(c) Blackmailed them.
(d) Forced them.
8. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(b) Laughed at.
(c) Beaten up.
(d) Talked about.
9. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
10. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him a better man.
(c) Make him rich.
(d) Make him happy.
11. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
12. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(d) Kuzma Samsonov.
13. What is the name of the woman who is insane and roamed about town in the book?
14. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
15. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That he will be embarrassed.
(b) That Fyodor will kill him.
(c) That he will be hurt.
(d) That Fyodor will be late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alyosha run into after having lunch with Father Superior?
2. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
3. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
4. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)