|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
(a) In hardens.
(d) Emits an odor.
2. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) Epileptic fit.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) A fall.
(d) He breaks his foot.
3. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
(a) A butler.
(b) His son.
(c) A cook.
(d) A servant.
4. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
5. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
6. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
(a) Beaten up.
(b) Laughed at.
(d) Talked about.
7. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Punches him.
8. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
9. How does the man that Mitya hurt in the bar react at first after Alyosha offers him some money?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
10. What is the name of the servant whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 1?
11. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) He laughs too loudly.
12. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(b) Women singing and dancing.
13. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
14. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
15. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(c) Pyotr Illyich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story is told in Book 3, Chapter 6?
2. Where do Fyodor and his friends find the insane woman who roamed about town in Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
4. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
5. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)