|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
2. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
3. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. Who does Mitya sell his dueling pistols to?
(c) Pyotr Illyich.
5. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
6. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
7. Who does Mitya talk to about his soul and asks him to forgive all his sins?
(a) The coachman.
(b) The bartender.
(d) The bellhop.
8. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
9. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That Fyodor will kill him.
(b) That Fyodor will be late.
(c) That he will be hurt.
(d) That he will be embarrassed.
10. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) A fall.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) Epileptic fit.
(d) He breaks his foot.
11. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(d) St. Petersburgh.
12. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
13. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(b) Brown Palace.
(c) Blue Room.
(d) San Caravel.
14. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
15. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
2. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
5. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)