|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
2. What is Alyosha deeply disturbed about that might happen to Zosima during the meeting with him and Fyodor?
(a) That he will be hurt.
(b) That Fyodor will be late.
(c) That Fyodor will kill him.
(d) That he will be embarrassed.
3. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
4. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
5. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
6. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
7. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(d) Captain Snegiryov.
8. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
9. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
(a) A fall.
(b) Epileptic fit.
(c) He breaks his foot.
(d) He is attacked.
10. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
(a) What he is thinking.
(b) What he will do.
(c) How he will act.
(d) If he can talk.
11. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
12. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
13. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Tricked them.
(b) Blackmailed them.
(c) Forced them.
(d) Bribed them.
14. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him happy.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him a better man.
(d) Make him rich.
15. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
(c) Great friends.
(d) They stop speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
2. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
4. What is the name of the woman who Mitya is leaving his fiancé for?
5. Who does Alyosha read a letter from at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)