|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
2. What is the name of the bar that Alyosha finds Mitya and Ivan meeting at in Part 2?
(a) San Caravel.
(b) Brown Palace.
(c) Blue Room.
3. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A murder.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) An illness.
(d) A miracle.
4. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) In the fields.
(b) A fence.
(c) She falls off a building.
(d) On a boat.
5. What is the name of the baby Lizaveta and Fyodor have?
6. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
7. Whose lap does Grushenka sit on in Book 7, Chapter 2?
8. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
9. Who does Mitya go to see to convince to give him some money in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(b) Kuzma Samsonov.
10. What does Fyodor begin a life of after the death of his last wife?
(a) He became a recluse.
(b) He beat his sons.
(c) Womanizing and drinking.
11. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
12. Who is Mitya accused of murdering in Part 3?
13. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
14. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
15. What does Fyodor behave as during the meeting with Zosima?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) He laughs too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
2. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
3. What is the name of the monk who is an opponent of Zosima?
4. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
5. Where does Ivan say he is going to leave to go the next day in Book 4, Chapter 5?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)