|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is also in love with Grushenka in the Karamazov family?
2. Who does Mitya believe has come and hidden in Fyodor's home in Book 3, Chapter 8?
3. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A sensual insect.
(b) A murderous intent.
(c) A deep desire.
(d) A tornado.
4. How many years had the man abandoned Grushenka for, who sends her a message in Part 3?
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His bite wound.
(b) His head wound.
(c) His black eye.
(d) His bum knee.
6. Who does Zosima get on his knees in front of in Book 2, Chapter 6?
7. Who does Fyodor ask about when he awakes in Book 3, Chapter 9?
8. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
(a) Her hatred for Ivan.
(b) Her hatred for him.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) Her love for Mitya.
9. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
(a) If he can talk.
(b) What he is thinking.
(c) What he will do.
(d) How he will act.
10. What is the name of Fyodor's son that he neglected shamefully?
11. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
12. Who does Mitya spend all of the money on that Katarina gave to him?
13. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
(a) A fence.
(b) In the fields.
(c) On a boat.
(d) She falls off a building.
14. After how many days after having his vision at Zosima's coffin does Alyosha leave the monastery?
15. Who has not arrived for the meeting with the Elder in Part 1, Book 2, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
2. What do one of Katarina's maids give to Alyosha in Book 3, Chapter 10?
3. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
4. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. How many sons does Fyodor have from his marriages?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)