|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the courthouse described at the beginning of Mitya's trial?
(a) Filled with only family.
(c) Sparsely filled.
2. Who does Alyosha leave his father looking for at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 3?
3. What does the defense do to each of the witnesses presented by the prosecution in an effective way?
(a) Making them appear stupid.
(b) Making them cry.
(c) Damaging them.
(d) Refuting them.
4. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
5. Who takes the witness stand after Katarina in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Smerdyakov kill himself?
2. What is Grushenka's old Polish lover asking her for during Mitya's trial?
3. In what manner does Alyosha address the boys in the Epilogue, Chapter 3?
4. What does Alyosha tell the boys to remember regarding their friendship at the end of the book?
5. How much money did Katarina give to Mitya after they became engaged?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)