|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Book Twelve, Chapter 10-14, Epilogue, Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) A conscience.
(b) Christ's law.
2. Who does the defense lawyer plead with the jury that they consider as the murderer during his final speech in Mitya's trial?
3. What does a town doctor say he remembers buying Mitya when he was a little boy during the trial?
(a) A napsack.
(b) A pound of nuts.
(c) A book.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. What is the name of Grushenka's maid?
5. What does the jury give as their judgment in Mitya's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder only.
(b) Guilty of theft only.
(c) Not guilty on every count.
(d) Guilty on every count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan begin raving about after hearing voices at the end of Book 11?
2. What does Fyodor make the child that he has with Lizaveta?
3. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
4. What does Lise smash in the door when Alyosha leaves from visiting her in Book 11?
5. What does the prosecutor begin his final speech talking about in Mitya's trial?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)