|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Book Twelve, Chapter 10-14, Epilogue, Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grushenka say Mitya is obsessed with that is causing them problems in Book 11?
2. Who does the person who killed Fyodor say he did it for?
3. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
(a) A stick.
(b) A bat.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A pestle.
4. What does the defense attorney tell the jurors they are in charge of deciding in addition to the truth of Mitya's story?
(a) Their own conscience.
(b) The social standards.
(c) The truth of Russia.
(d) The fate of humanity.
5. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
(a) That there was no proof of money being in the envelope.
(b) Fyodor wasn't rich.
(c) Fyodor was a bad person.
(d) Mitya was in another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do police estimate Mitya spent in Mokroye?
2. What does Ivan present from his pocket during his testimony in Mitya's trial?
3. For how long does Mitya say he had been carrying around the money he received from Katarina during his interrogation?
4. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
5. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)