|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Book Seven, Chapter 1-3, Part III, Book Eight, Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katarina announce that she is going to devote her life to do in regards to Mitya in Book 5, Chapter 5?
(a) Make him rich.
(b) Make him happy.
(c) Make him a better man.
(d) Make him famous.
2. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
3. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Work on the railroad.
(b) Run a shop.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Find gold mines.
4. What is the neighborhood not able to tell about Smerdyakov based on his demeanor and appearance?
(a) What he will do.
(b) How he will act.
(c) If he can talk.
(d) What he is thinking.
5. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stirs from his bed and realizes the garden gate to Fyodor's house is open in Part 3?
2. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
3. What begins to happen with the Elder's dead body much sooner than normal?
4. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
5. What does Smerdyakov express opinions about in Book 3, Chapter 7?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)