|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Book Seven, Chapter 1-3, Part III, Book Eight, Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Khokhlakov make a huge fuss over regarding Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) His bum knee.
(b) His black eye.
(c) His bite wound.
(d) His head wound.
2. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Turning water to wine.
(b) Baptizing someone.
(c) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Walking on water.
3. What is the name of a monk that Alyosha has great respect for?
4. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
5. What do the monks speak of involving Madame Khokhlakov's daughter and children at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) An illness.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A tragedy.
(d) A murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
2. What is the man Mitya hurt in a bar overcome by that causes him to refuse the money offered to him by Alyosha?
3. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
4. How many boys does Alyosha see throwing rocks at another boy in the book?
5. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)