|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Book Seven, Chapter 1-3, Part III, Book Eight, Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things is not at the party at the tavern where Mitya visits Grushenka?
(c) Women singing and dancing.
2. What does the boy that had rocks thrown at him by a group of boys do to Alyosha after he stops them from beating him up?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Punches him.
3. What does Mitya spout joyously in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(b) A story.
(c) A song.
(d) Quotes from the Bible.
4. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Turning water to wine.
(b) Walking on water.
(c) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Baptizing someone.
5. Where is the tavern Mitya arrives at in search of Grushenka?
(c) St. Petersburgh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madame Khokhlakov insist on talking with at the end of Book 4, Chapter 4?
2. What is the person who is an opponent of Zosima, which makes the other monks tend to believe him more?
3. What does Smerdyakov suffer in Book 5, Chapter 7?
4. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. What does the person who wrote Alyosha a letter at the end of Part 1 profess in the letter?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)