|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Book Seven, Chapter 1-3, Part III, Book Eight, Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who peeks through a door and looks at Alyosha in Book 4, Chapter 4?
2. What Biblical miracle does Alyosha envision at Zosima's coffin?
(a) Turning water to wine.
(b) Baptizing someone.
(c) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Walking on water.
3. What is the first name of the father of the Karamazov family?
4. What does Mitya tell Alyosha that he did to Katarina's family to get her to marry him?
(a) Blackmailed them.
(b) Forced them.
(c) Bribed them.
(d) Tricked them.
5. What does Madame Khokhlakov tell Mitya that she has in mind for him to do that will make him a great man in Part 3?
(a) Work on the railroad.
(b) Find gold mines.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Run a shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
2. Where does Mitya go after Alyosha tells him of Katarina and Grushenka's interactions in Book 3, Chapter 10?
3. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
4. Who do Madame Khokhlakov and her daughter reveal they have come to visit in Book 2, Chapter 4?
5. Who does Alyosha say he wishes would marry Katarina in Book 3, Chapter 5?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)