|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Book Twelve, Chapter 10-14, Epilogue, Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan want to know if Smerdyakov faked when he visits him in Book 11, Chapter 7?
(a) His niceness.
(b) His epileptic fit.
(c) His quiet demeanor.
(d) His insanity.
2. How much money does Katarina say Mitya had loaned her family years ago during his trial?
(a) 1,000 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 4,000 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
3. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
(a) Fyodor wasn't rich.
(b) That there was no proof of money being in the envelope.
(c) Fyodor was a bad person.
(d) Mitya was in another city.
4. What has Lise abandoned when Alyosha visits her in Book 11?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her wheelchair.
(d) Her confines.
5. What does Mitya agree to being guilty of at the beginning of his trial?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A drunkard and scoundrel.
(c) A drunkard and thief.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Katarina give to Mitya after they became engaged?
2. What does Lizaveta harm herself on that causes her to die?
3. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
4. What is Zosima's body placed in after he has passed away?
5. What does Zosima say is the only thing that prevents someone from committing a crime in Book 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)