|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Book Twelve, Chapter 10-14, Epilogue, Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Smerdyakov play in the book?
2. What does the defense lawyer introduce as a new point of contention in his final speech in regards to Fyodor's empty envelope?
(a) Fyodor wasn't rich.
(b) Mitya was in another city.
(c) That there was no proof of money being in the envelope.
(d) Fyodor was a bad person.
3. Where does Ilyusha's doctor say he must go in order to be saved from his illness?
4. How much money does Katarina give to Alyosha to offer to a man whom Mitya had hurt?
(a) 500 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
5. How does the author describe Grushenka as being at the beginning of Book 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man that Mitya visits in Book 8, Chapter 2 appear to be?
2. Who does Fyodor say is the only son he loves?
3. What does the defense attorney suggest that Mitya has not been allowed during his final speech?
4. What happens to the son of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar when he is at school?
5. Whose house does Alyosha go to at the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 4?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)