|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Book Nine, Chapter 1-9 , Part IV, Book Ten, Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitya say the Karamazov brothers share that creates storm within their souls?
(a) A sensual insect.
(b) A murderous intent.
(c) A deep desire.
(d) A tornado.
2. What is the name of the man that Mitya hurt in a bar?
(c) Captain Snegiryov.
3. What does Fyodor make wild accusations against at the end of Book 2, Chapter 8?
(b) His sons.
(c) The church.
4. What illness is Illyusha suffering from?
5. What did Ivan write an article about that gains wide acceptance and makes him famous?
(a) The church.
(b) Ecclesiastical courts.
(c) Russian society.
(d) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitya go to see at the beginning of Book 8, Chapter 2?
2. What does Mitya claim he did not hit his father over the head with?
3. What did Mitya do to the man that he hurt in the bar that Katarina is giving money to?
4. Who is said to be pursuing Mitya's fiancee now that he has begun fancying someone else?
5. What do Ivan and Fyodor become after Ivan comes home to confront him?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)