|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magician enchant to get revenge on the girl in "The Beam"?
(a) The beam.
(b) A field of flowers.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The creek.
2. In "The Cunning Little Tailor," what animal must the tailor spend the night with?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
3. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
4. What is the second item the girl is given by the old woman in the cottage in "The Nixie of the Mill-Pond"?
(a) A golden spinning wheel.
(b) A gold comb.
(c) A golden flute.
(d) A gold crown.
5. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He marries someone else.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replacement organ does the third surgeon in "The Three Army Surgeons" end up with?
2. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
3. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
4. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
5. Who is unable to rest in "The Stolen Farthings"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ferdinand the Faithful and Ferdinand the Unfaithful telling readers?
2. What is the common element in The Lazy Spinner and The Six Servants?
3. What is the overall message in The Four Skillful Brothers?
4. What is The Twelve Apostles about?
5. Why is the fourth child in The Sparrow and His Four Children considered to have found the best home? What message is being sent?
6. What is the message in Eve's Various Children?
7. What lesson does The Master-Thief teach?
8. What is the lesson of The Crumbs on the Table?
9. What do The Willow-Wren, The Sole, The Bittern and Hoopoe, and The Moon all have in common?
10. What is the idea behind The Old Man Made Young Again?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)