|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does "The Shepherd Boy" express?
2. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw her into the fire.
(b) Point and laugh.
(c) Throw water on her.
(d) Stand and watch.
3. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) Wicked witch.
(b) The use of three.
(c) Evil stepmother.
(d) A handsome prince.
4. What is heavily symbolized in "The White Bride and the Black Bride"?
5. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(c) Iambic pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other story is "The Flail from Heaven" slightly similar to?
2. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
3. What animal does Lazy Harry not want to watch after?
4. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
5. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Our Lady's Little Glass and The Hazel Branch have in common?
2. Laziness is discussed in both The Three Sluggards and The Twelve Idle Servants. What is different between the two tales?
3. What is the lesson of The Skillful Huntsman?
4. What is the moral of The Owl?
5. Compare Lazy Harry and Lean Lisa.
6. What is the message in Eve's Various Children?
7. What is the story The Ungrateful Son about? Who is the target audience?
8. What is the moral of The Two Travelers?
9. What is the idea behind The Old Man Made Young Again?
10. What is the lesson behind The Three Army Surgeons?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)