|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Water from the river.
(b) Dew from the grass.
(c) The princess' kiss.
(d) Leaves from a tree.
2. What is "Strong Hans" a story of?
(a) Superhuman strength and intellect.
(b) Superhuman strength and power.
(c) Power and intellect.
(d) Slyness and superhuman strength.
3. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
4. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A kind.
(c) A thief.
(d) A dwarf.
5. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
2. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
3. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
4. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
5. Why is the old woman in "The Aged Mother" mourning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Hans in The Griffin and Strong Hans.
2. What do Our Lady's Little Glass and The Hazel Branch have in common?
3. What is the story The Ungrateful Son about? Who is the target audience?
4. What do The Willow-Wren, The Sole, The Bittern and Hoopoe, and The Moon all have in common?
5. What happens to the horse in The Nail? Why? What does this signify?
6. What lesson does The Master-Thief teach?
7. Compare Lazy Harry and Lean Lisa.
8. What is Ferdinand the Faithful and Ferdinand the Unfaithful telling readers?
9. Discuss the use of the colors black and white in The White Bride and the Black Bride and The Three Black Princesses.
10. What is the lesson behind The Three Army Surgeons?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)