|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many princesses are there in "The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces"?
2. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A toad.
(b) A frog.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A bird.
3. What does the girl have to steal away from the old woman in "The Old Woman in the Wood"?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A key.
(d) A bracelet.
4. What literary tool is used in "The Peasant in Heaven"?
5. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A thief.
(c) A kind.
(d) A prince.
6. What is heavily symbolized in "The White Bride and the Black Bride"?
7. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(a) The use of three.
8. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
9. In "The Cunning Little Tailor," what animal must the tailor spend the night with?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
10. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Treat everyone equally.
(b) Don't win by cheating.
(c) Don't fall asleep on the job.
(d) Don't be a coward and hide.
11. What is "Strong Hans" a story of?
(a) Slyness and superhuman strength.
(b) Power and intellect.
(c) Superhuman strength and intellect.
(d) Superhuman strength and power.
12. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Using your own intellect with help you.
(b) Always look to God for help.
(c) Treat animals with kindness.
(d) Do not lie.
13. Where does Hans the Hedgehog live the first eight years of his life?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) Underneath a table.
(d) Inside the chicken coop.
14. What does the magician enchant to get revenge on the girl in "The Beam"?
(a) The rooster.
(b) The beam.
(c) The creek.
(d) A field of flowers.
15. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They die.
(c) They turn into swans.
(d) They turn half white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maiden want in "The Maid of Brakel"?
2. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
3. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
4. Which of the following fairy tale elements is not found in "The True Bride"?
5. What replacement organ does the third surgeon in "The Three Army Surgeons" end up with?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)