|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives the prince superhuman strength in "The King's Son Who Feared Nothing"?
(a) The presence of the lion.
(b) An apple from the tree of life.
(c) Water from the magic stream.
(d) A ring that clamps down on his arm.
2. What does "The Bittern and Hoopoe" try to explain?
(a) The cow's behavior.
(b) The grass' behavior.
(c) The birds' behavior.
(d) The cow herder's behavior.
3. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(b) Beat the mistress.
(c) Run away.
(d) Lay golden eggs.
4. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
5. What animal does Lazy Harry not want to watch after?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A lamb.
6. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They turn into swans.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They turn half white.
(d) They die.
7. Who is unable to rest in "The Stolen Farthings"?
(a) The ghost of an animal.
(b) The ghost of a woman.
(c) The ghost of a man.
(d) The ghost of a child.
8. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw water on her.
(b) Point and laugh.
(c) Stand and watch.
(d) Throw her into the fire.
9. What does the rose symbolize in "The Rose"?
(a) The amount of time left before death.
(b) Eternal beauty.
(c) Superhuman strength.
10. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
(a) A handsome prince.
(b) An evil witch.
(c) A poor orphan girl.
(d) Magical objects.
11. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
(a) A lute.
(b) A horn.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A harp.
12. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(b) A woman marries a prince.
(c) A woman is turned into a flower.
(d) A woman is cursed by a witch.
13. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Water from the river.
(b) Dew from the grass.
(c) Leaves from a tree.
(d) The princess' kiss.
14. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
15. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) Virgin Mary.
(b) The Lord.
(c) An angel.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
2. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
3. What do "The Willow-Wren" and "The Sole" have in common?
4. What is the contest that the king holds for his sons in "The Three Sluggards" based on?
5. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)