Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
(b) A prince on a quest.
(c) A witch.
(d) Evil stepmother.
2. Which Arabian Nights tale is "Simeli Mountain" similar to?
(a) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
(d) The Thief and the Merchant.
3. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
4. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
(a) A wart.
(b) Ugly hairs.
(c) A boil.
(d) Another nose.
5. What gives away the prince's identity in "Iron Hans"?
(a) His golden hair.
(b) His fancy clothes.
(c) His perfect speech.
(d) His blue eyes.
6. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
(a) The horse is dead.
(b) He thinks the horse is useless.
(c) The horse does not listen to commands.
(d) He wants to buy a new, more attractive looking horse.
7. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(a) Our Lady.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) The Lord.
8. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Always look to God for help.
(b) Using your own intellect with help you.
(c) Do not lie.
(d) Treat animals with kindness.
9. What reoccurring element of fairy tales is seen in "The Six Servants"?
(c) Cursed princess.
(d) Hidden identity.
10. What does the girl have to steal away from the old woman in "The Old Woman in the Wood"?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A key.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
11. What does the rose symbolize in "The Rose"?
(a) The amount of time left before death.
(b) Superhuman strength.
(c) Eternal beauty.
12. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman is turned into a flower.
(b) A woman is cursed by a witch.
(c) A woman marries a prince.
(d) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
13. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
(d) Criticizing others.
14. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The poor man.
(c) The king.
(d) The king's son.
15. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(d) The use of three.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
2. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
3. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
4. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
5. What do "The Willow-Wren" and "The Sole" have in common?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)