|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A toad.
(d) A frog.
2. What animal does Lazy Harry not want to watch after?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
3. What do "The Story of Schlauraffen Land" and "Ditmars Tale of Wonders" have in common?
(a) They have the same moral.
(b) They both have the character Hans.
(c) They are both dark tales.
(d) They serve to entertain.
4. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
(a) Criticizing others.
5. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
6. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They die.
(b) They turn half white.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They turn into swans.
7. How many princesses are there in "The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces"?
8. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
(a) The horse is dead.
(b) He wants to buy a new, more attractive looking horse.
(c) The horse does not listen to commands.
(d) He thinks the horse is useless.
9. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
(a) Another nose.
(b) A wart.
(c) Ugly hairs.
(d) A boil.
10. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(d) Iambic pentameter.
11. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw water on her.
(b) Point and laugh.
(c) Throw her into the fire.
(d) Stand and watch.
12. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(a) The Lord.
(c) Our Lady.
(d) St. Peter.
13. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Don't be a coward and hide.
(b) Don't fall asleep on the job.
(c) Treat everyone equally.
(d) Don't win by cheating.
14. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Using your own intellect with help you.
(b) Do not lie.
(c) Always look to God for help.
(d) Treat animals with kindness.
15. How many years is Maid Maleen locked away?
(a) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
2. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
3. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
4. What does the maiden want in "The Maid of Brakel"?
5. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)