|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
(a) Milk and honey.
(b) Honey and wine.
(c) Milk and sweetcakes.
(d) Sweetcakes and wine.
2. What does the maiden want in "The Maid of Brakel"?
(a) A child.
(b) A prince.
(c) A husband.
(d) A daughter.
3. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
4. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
(a) A garden rake.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rope.
5. In "The Cunning Little Tailor," what animal must the tailor spend the night with?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bird.
6. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A magic fiddle.
(b) For people to give him what he asks for.
(c) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(d) A sack of gold.
7. What is heavily symbolized in "The White Bride and the Black Bride"?
8. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Beat the mistress.
(b) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(c) Lay golden eggs.
(d) Run away.
9. In "The Willful Child," what part of the child sticks out of the grave?
(a) A leg.
(b) An arm.
(c) A hand.
(d) A foot.
10. Why is the old woman in "The Aged Mother" mourning?
(a) She is all alone.
(b) Her father has just died.
(c) This is her nature.
(d) Her husband had just died.
11. What does the magician enchant to get revenge on the girl in "The Beam"?
(a) A field of flowers.
(b) The creek.
(c) The beam.
(d) The rooster.
12. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He marries someone else.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He dies.
(d) He forgets about her.
13. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Using your own intellect with help you.
(b) Always look to God for help.
(c) Treat animals with kindness.
(d) Do not lie.
14. What animal does Lazy Harry not want to watch after?
(a) A goat.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
15. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(a) Our Lady.
(b) St. Peter.
(d) The Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character trait saves the princess from a life of servitude in "Old Rinkrank"?
2. What does "The Bittern and Hoopoe" try to explain?
3. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
4. Which of the following fairy tale elements is not found in "The True Bride"?
5. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)