|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
2. What element does "The Three Brothers" not have that is commonly seen in many fairy tales?
(a) Sibling bond.
(c) The use of three.
3. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
4. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Do not lie.
(b) Treat animals with kindness.
(c) Always look to God for help.
(d) Using your own intellect with help you.
5. What does the maiden want in "The Maid of Brakel"?
(a) A child.
(b) A husband.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A prince.
6. What gives the prince superhuman strength in "The King's Son Who Feared Nothing"?
(a) An apple from the tree of life.
(b) Water from the magic stream.
(c) The presence of the lion.
(d) A ring that clamps down on his arm.
7. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) A handsome prince.
(b) The use of three.
(c) Evil stepmother.
(d) Wicked witch.
8. What literary tool is used in "The Peasant in Heaven"?
9. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
10. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
(b) Criticizing others.
11. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
12. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(a) Iambic pentameter.
13. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
(a) A lute.
(b) A harp.
(c) A horn.
(d) A fiddle.
14. What gives away the prince's identity in "Iron Hans"?
(a) His blue eyes.
(b) His fancy clothes.
(c) His golden hair.
(d) His perfect speech.
15. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw water on her.
(b) Stand and watch.
(c) Throw her into the fire.
(d) Point and laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
2. What animal does not help the boy in his task to hide from the princess in "The Sea-Hare"?
3. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
4. What do "The Willow-Wren" and "The Sole" have in common?
5. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)