|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fairy tale elements is not found in "The True Bride"?
(a) Evil stepmother.
(b) The use of three.
(c) A forsaken lover.
(d) Talking animals.
2. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Run away.
(b) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(c) Lay golden eggs.
(d) Beat the mistress.
3. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(b) Iambic pentameter.
4. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
5. Where does the third sparrow live in "The Sparrow and His Four Children"?
(a) Near the highway.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a stable.
(d) In a garden.
6. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
(a) Piece of nightgown.
(b) A lock of her hair.
7. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
(a) A poor beggar gives her money.
(b) The Lord grants her three wishes.
(c) She marries a prince.
(d) Money falls from the sky.
8. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
9. What gives the prince superhuman strength in "The King's Son Who Feared Nothing"?
(a) A ring that clamps down on his arm.
(b) Water from the magic stream.
(c) The presence of the lion.
(d) An apple from the tree of life.
10. In "Looking for a Bride," what test is given to three sisters to determine whether the shepherd boy will marry her?
(a) How they use cheese.
(b) How they eat cheese.
(c) How they make cheese.
(d) How they package cheese.
11. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
(a) A little girl.
(b) No one in particular.
(c) The queen.
(d) Virgin Mary.
12. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
(a) An evil witch.
(b) Magical objects.
(c) A handsome prince.
(d) A poor orphan girl.
13. What is the second item the girl is given by the old woman in the cottage in "The Nixie of the Mill-Pond"?
(a) A gold crown.
(b) A golden flute.
(c) A golden spinning wheel.
(d) A gold comb.
14. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A kind.
(c) A prince.
(d) A thief.
15. What is the "The Boots of Buffalo-Leather" a story about?
(a) Supernatural elements.
(d) Hidden identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
2. In "The Cunning Little Tailor," what animal must the tailor spend the night with?
3. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
4. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
5. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)