|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Looking for a Bride," what test is given to three sisters to determine whether the shepherd boy will marry her?
(a) How they make cheese.
(b) How they eat cheese.
(c) How they use cheese.
(d) How they package cheese.
2. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) Virgin Mary.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The devil.
(d) An angel.
3. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Treat everyone equally.
(b) Don't fall asleep on the job.
(c) Don't be a coward and hide.
(d) Don't win by cheating.
4. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Lay golden eggs.
(b) Beat the mistress.
(c) Run away.
(d) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
5. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
(a) Milk and sweetcakes.
(b) Milk and honey.
(c) Sweetcakes and wine.
(d) Honey and wine.
6. What other story is "The Flail from Heaven" slightly similar to?
(a) Little Red-Riding Hood.
(c) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
7. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A kind.
(b) A prince.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A thief.
8. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(c) Iambic pentameter.
9. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
(a) A witch.
(c) A prince on a quest.
(d) Evil stepmother.
10. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Always look to God for help.
(b) Treat animals with kindness.
(c) Using your own intellect with help you.
(d) Do not lie.
11. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
(a) A poor orphan girl.
(b) A handsome prince.
(c) Magical objects.
(d) An evil witch.
12. What gives away the prince's identity in "Iron Hans"?
(a) His golden hair.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His perfect speech.
(d) His fancy clothes.
13. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(c) One hundred.
14. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(b) A magic fiddle.
(c) For people to give him what he asks for.
(d) A sack of gold.
15. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
(a) A poor beggar gives her money.
(b) The Lord grants her three wishes.
(c) She marries a prince.
(d) Money falls from the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
2. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
3. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
4. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
5. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)