|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(b) Run away.
(c) Lay golden eggs.
(d) Beat the mistress.
2. What is the lesson taught in "The Three Green Twigs"?
(a) God is forgiving.
(b) Even the smallest sin is of importance to God.
(c) God sees and knows all.
(d) One should always have faith in God.
3. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Point and laugh.
(b) Throw her into the fire.
(c) Throw water on her.
(d) Stand and watch.
4. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
(a) Everyone else's deaths.
(c) Old age.
5. What do "The Story of Schlauraffen Land" and "Ditmars Tale of Wonders" have in common?
(a) They both have the character Hans.
(b) They serve to entertain.
(c) They are both dark tales.
(d) They have the same moral.
6. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) Wicked witch.
(b) A handsome prince.
(c) The use of three.
(d) Evil stepmother.
7. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The poor man.
(c) The king's son.
(d) The king.
8. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A magic fiddle.
(b) A sack of gold.
(c) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(d) For people to give him what he asks for.
9. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
(a) A poor orphan girl.
(b) A handsome prince.
(c) An evil witch.
(d) Magical objects.
10. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
(a) Honey and wine.
(b) Sweetcakes and wine.
(c) Milk and honey.
(d) Milk and sweetcakes.
11. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Treat everyone equally.
(b) Don't win by cheating.
(c) Don't fall asleep on the job.
(d) Don't be a coward and hide.
12. What does the tailor do to his wife in "Sharing Sorrow and Joy"?
(a) He treats her well.
(b) He leaves her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He kills her.
13. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
14. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
(a) Virgin Mary.
(b) A little girl.
(c) No one in particular.
(d) The queen.
15. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
(a) An elf.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the moral of "The Hare and the Hedgehog"?
2. What does the second son in "The Four Skillful Brothers" become?
3. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
4. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
5. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)