|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the contest that the king holds for his sons in "The Three Sluggards" based on?
(a) Magical ability.
2. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They turn into swans.
(c) They die.
(d) They turn half white.
3. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(d) The use of three.
4. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(c) Piece of nightgown.
5. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
(a) Sweetcakes and wine.
(b) Milk and sweetcakes.
(c) Milk and honey.
(d) Honey and wine.
6. Who accompanies the poor man in watching over the rich man's grave on the third night in "The Grave Mound"?
(a) The devil.
(b) His wife.
(c) The rich man's wife.
(d) A soldier.
7. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries someone else.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He forgets about her.
8. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Stand and watch.
(b) Throw water on her.
(c) Throw her into the fire.
(d) Point and laugh.
9. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) A handsome prince.
(b) Wicked witch.
(c) Evil stepmother.
(d) The use of three.
10. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Water from the river.
(b) Dew from the grass.
(c) The princess' kiss.
(d) Leaves from a tree.
11. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
(a) Another nose.
(b) A boil.
(c) Ugly hairs.
(d) A wart.
12. In "Looking for a Bride," what test is given to three sisters to determine whether the shepherd boy will marry her?
(a) How they package cheese.
(b) How they make cheese.
(c) How they eat cheese.
(d) How they use cheese.
13. What is the "The Boots of Buffalo-Leather" a story about?
(a) Supernatural elements.
(d) Hidden identity.
14. What is heavily symbolized in "The White Bride and the Black Bride"?
15. What is the moral of "The Hare and the Hedgehog"?
(a) Don't make fun of others.
(b) There is no moral. This is for entertainment.
(c) Treat others equally.
(d) Do not be greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
2. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
3. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
4. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
5. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)