|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson taught in "The Three Green Twigs"?
(a) Even the smallest sin is of importance to God.
(b) One should always have faith in God.
(c) God is forgiving.
(d) God sees and knows all.
2. What does the girl have to steal away from the old woman in "The Old Woman in the Wood"?
(a) A key.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
3. What gives the prince superhuman strength in "The King's Son Who Feared Nothing"?
(a) An apple from the tree of life.
(b) The presence of the lion.
(c) Water from the magic stream.
(d) A ring that clamps down on his arm.
4. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They die.
(c) They turn half white.
(d) They turn into swans.
5. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
6. What does the second son in "The Four Skillful Brothers" become?
(a) A huntsman.
(b) A thief.
(c) A stargazer.
(d) A tailor.
7. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A princess.
(c) A swan.
(d) A nixie.
8. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(d) One hundred.
9. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
(a) Magical art.
(b) Wicked hatred.
(c) Bitter revenge.
(d) Love and romance.
10. In "The Willful Child," what part of the child sticks out of the grave?
(a) A foot.
(b) An arm.
(c) A hand.
(d) A leg.
11. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Treat everyone equally.
(b) Don't win by cheating.
(c) Don't be a coward and hide.
(d) Don't fall asleep on the job.
12. Which of the following fairy tale elements is not found in "The True Bride"?
(a) A forsaken lover.
(b) Evil stepmother.
(c) The use of three.
(d) Talking animals.
13. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
14. How many years is Maid Maleen locked away?
(b) One hundred.
15. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
(a) A spear.
(b) A rope.
(c) A garden rake.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
2. What is the moral of "The Hare and the Hedgehog"?
3. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
4. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
5. What literary device does "My Household" use?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)