|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A frog.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A toad.
2. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Using your own intellect with help you.
(b) Treat animals with kindness.
(c) Do not lie.
(d) Always look to God for help.
3. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman marries a prince.
(b) A woman is cursed by a witch.
(c) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(d) A woman is turned into a flower.
4. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
(a) The king.
(b) His brother.
(c) The princess.
(d) A student.
5. What other story is "The Flail from Heaven" slightly similar to?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Little Red-Riding Hood.
6. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
7. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
8. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(c) The use of three.
9. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
10. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries someone else.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He forgets about her.
11. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
(a) A swan.
(b) A nixie.
(c) A princess.
(d) A witch.
12. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Dew from the grass.
(b) Water from the river.
(c) Leaves from a tree.
(d) The princess' kiss.
13. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
(a) The poor man.
(b) The king.
(c) The king's son.
(d) The queen.
14. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bird.
(d) A horse.
15. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To bring a drink.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To kill a boar.
(d) To chop some wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replacement organ does the third surgeon in "The Three Army Surgeons" end up with?
2. Where does the third sparrow live in "The Sparrow and His Four Children"?
3. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
4. What do "The Willow-Wren" and "The Sole" have in common?
5. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)