|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(b) The use of three.
2. In "The Willful Child," what part of the child sticks out of the grave?
(a) A foot.
(b) A hand.
(c) An arm.
(d) A leg.
3. What common fairy tale element does "The Two King's Children" have?
(a) An evil stepmother.
(b) The use of trickery.
(c) A cursed princess.
(d) The use of three.
4. How many princesses are there in "The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces"?
5. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
6. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
(a) Magical art.
(b) Bitter revenge.
(c) Wicked hatred.
(d) Love and romance.
7. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
(a) Betraying his parents.
(b) Marrying the king's princess.
(c) Murdering the princess.
(d) Betraying Ferdinand the Unfaithful.
8. What quality does "The Shepherd Boy" express?
9. What reoccurring element of fairy tales is seen in "The Six Servants"?
(b) Cursed princess.
(c) Hidden identity.
10. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To chop some wood.
(b) To bring a drink.
(c) To start a fire.
(d) To kill a boar.
11. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
(a) His brother.
(b) A student.
(c) The princess.
(d) The king.
12. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
13. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
(a) A peasant.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A prince.
(d) A knight.
14. What is the lesson taught in "The Three Green Twigs"?
(a) God sees and knows all.
(b) Even the smallest sin is of importance to God.
(c) One should always have faith in God.
(d) God is forgiving.
15. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
(a) The king's son.
(b) The king.
(c) The poor man.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor do to his wife in "Sharing Sorrow and Joy"?
2. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
3. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
4. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
5. What is the contest that the king holds for his sons in "The Three Sluggards" based on?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)