|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
(a) He wants to buy a new, more attractive looking horse.
(b) The horse is dead.
(c) The horse does not listen to commands.
(d) He thinks the horse is useless.
2. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Leaves from a tree.
(b) Water from the river.
(c) Dew from the grass.
(d) The princess' kiss.
3. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Lay golden eggs.
(b) Run away.
(c) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(d) Beat the mistress.
4. What animal is the second turned into in "The Crystal Ball"?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A raven.
(c) A whale.
(d) An eagle.
5. What character trait saves the princess from a life of servitude in "Old Rinkrank"?
6. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw her into the fire.
(b) Point and laugh.
(c) Throw water on her.
(d) Stand and watch.
7. What is "Strong Hans" a story of?
(a) Superhuman strength and intellect.
(b) Slyness and superhuman strength.
(c) Power and intellect.
(d) Superhuman strength and power.
8. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A sack of gold.
(b) A magic fiddle.
(c) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(d) For people to give him what he asks for.
9. What does the tailor do to his wife in "Sharing Sorrow and Joy"?
(a) He treats her well.
(b) He kills her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He beats her.
10. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(a) The Lord.
(c) Our Lady.
(d) St. Peter.
11. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
(a) Magical art.
(b) Bitter revenge.
(c) Love and romance.
(d) Wicked hatred.
12. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(b) A woman is turned into a flower.
(c) A woman is cursed by a witch.
(d) A woman marries a prince.
13. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
(a) His brother.
(b) A student.
(c) The king.
(d) The princess.
14. What quality does "The Shepherd Boy" express?
15. What replacement organ does the third surgeon in "The Three Army Surgeons" end up with?
(a) The tongue of a cow.
(b) The hand of a thief.
(c) The heart of a pig.
(d) The eye of a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many princesses are there in "The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces"?
2. Where does Hans the Hedgehog live the first eight years of his life?
3. What does "The Bittern and Hoopoe" try to explain?
4. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
5. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)