|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(b) A sack of gold.
(c) A magic fiddle.
(d) For people to give him what he asks for.
2. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
3. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
4. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(c) The use of three.
5. Which element of fairy tales is not present in "Donkey Cabbages"?
(a) A beautiful maiden.
(b) An evil witch.
(d) A prince.
6. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
(a) Betraying Ferdinand the Unfaithful.
(b) Murdering the princess.
(c) Betraying his parents.
(d) Marrying the king's princess.
7. What reoccurring element of fairy tales is seen in "The Six Servants"?
(a) Cursed princess.
(c) Hidden identity.
8. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To kill a boar.
(b) To bring a drink.
(c) To chop some wood.
(d) To start a fire.
9. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
(a) She marries a prince.
(b) Money falls from the sky.
(c) The Lord grants her three wishes.
(d) A poor beggar gives her money.
10. Which Arabian Nights tale is "Simeli Mountain" similar to?
(a) Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
(b) The Thief and the Merchant.
(c) Sinbad the Sailor.
11. What element does "The Three Brothers" not have that is commonly seen in many fairy tales?
(c) Sibling bond.
(d) The use of three.
12. What common fairy tale element does "The Two King's Children" have?
(a) The use of three.
(b) An evil stepmother.
(c) A cursed princess.
(d) The use of trickery.
13. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
14. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
(a) The poor man.
(b) The king.
(c) The queen.
(d) The king's son.
15. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) An angel.
(b) The devil.
(c) Virgin Mary.
(d) The Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
2. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
3. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
4. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
5. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)