Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(b) One hundred.
2. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
3. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
(a) A wart.
(b) Ugly hairs.
(c) Another nose.
(d) A boil.
4. Who accompanies the poor man in watching over the rich man's grave on the third night in "The Grave Mound"?
(a) His wife.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The rich man's wife.
(d) The devil.
5. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
6. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He marries someone else.
7. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A toad.
(c) A frog.
(d) A skunk.
8. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A thief.
(b) A kind.
(c) A prince.
(d) A dwarf.
9. What character trait saves the princess from a life of servitude in "Old Rinkrank"?
10. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A swan.
(c) A nixie.
(d) A princess.
11. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
12. What is the man's third wish in "The Jew Among Thorns"?
(a) A magic fiddle.
(b) A gun that hits anything he aims for.
(c) For people to give him what he asks for.
(d) A sack of gold.
13. What quality does "The Shepherd Boy" express?
14. What other story is "The Flail from Heaven" slightly similar to?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Little Red-Riding Hood.
15. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman marries a prince.
(b) A woman is cursed by a witch.
(c) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(d) A woman is turned into a flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Arabian Nights tale is "Simeli Mountain" similar to?
2. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
3. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
4. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
5. What literary tool is used in "The Peasant in Heaven"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)