|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does the poor boy believe to be poison in "The Poor Boy in the Grave"?
(a) Milk and sweetcakes.
(b) Milk and honey.
(c) Honey and wine.
(d) Sweetcakes and wine.
2. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
3. What negative trait does "The Little Folk's Presents" warn against?
4. Who does "Our Lady" in "Our Lady's Little Glass" refer to?
(a) Virgin Mary.
(b) No one in particular.
(c) The queen.
(d) A little girl.
5. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
(a) A swan.
(b) A princess.
(c) A nixie.
(d) A witch.
6. What does the tailor do to his wife in "Sharing Sorrow and Joy"?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He leaves her.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He treats her well.
7. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
8. Why is the old woman in "The Aged Mother" mourning?
(a) Her father has just died.
(b) This is her nature.
(c) She is all alone.
(d) Her husband had just died.
9. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
(a) Piece of nightgown.
(d) A lock of her hair.
10. What grows on the oldest daughter's nose in "St. Joseph in the Forest"?
(a) Another nose.
(b) A wart.
(c) A boil.
(d) Ugly hairs.
11. What is the second item the girl is given by the old woman in the cottage in "The Nixie of the Mill-Pond"?
(a) A gold crown.
(b) A gold comb.
(c) A golden flute.
(d) A golden spinning wheel.
12. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
13. Which of the following is not found in "The Spindle, the Shuttle and the Needle"?
(a) A handsome prince.
(b) A poor orphan girl.
(c) An evil witch.
(d) Magical objects.
14. What does the girl have to steal away from the old woman in "The Old Woman in the Wood"?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A key.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
15. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
2. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
3. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
4. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
5. In "The Willful Child," what part of the child sticks out of the grave?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)