|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
2. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
3. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
4. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman is turned into a flower.
(b) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(c) A woman marries a prince.
(d) A woman is cursed by a witch.
5. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) A garden rake.
(d) A rope.
6. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
7. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Leaves from a tree.
(b) The princess' kiss.
(c) Dew from the grass.
(d) Water from the river.
8. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) An angel.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The devil.
(d) Virgin Mary.
9. What is "Strong Hans" a story of?
(a) Superhuman strength and intellect.
(b) Power and intellect.
(c) Superhuman strength and power.
(d) Slyness and superhuman strength.
10. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
(a) A horn.
(b) A harp.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A lute.
11. What reoccurring element of fairy tales is seen in "The Six Servants"?
(a) Hidden identity.
(c) Cursed princess.
12. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Always look to God for help.
(b) Using your own intellect with help you.
(c) Do not lie.
(d) Treat animals with kindness.
13. What do "The Story of Schlauraffen Land" and "Ditmars Tale of Wonders" have in common?
(a) They serve to entertain.
(b) They have the same moral.
(c) They both have the character Hans.
(d) They are both dark tales.
14. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A fairy.
(c) An elf.
(d) A witch.
15. What is the lesson taught in "The Three Green Twigs"?
(a) God is forgiving.
(b) Even the smallest sin is of importance to God.
(c) God sees and knows all.
(d) One should always have faith in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
2. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
3. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
4. What literary device does "My Household" use?
5. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)