|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
2. What element does "The Three Brothers" not have that is commonly seen in many fairy tales?
(a) Sibling bond.
(b) The use of three.
3. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(a) The use of three.
4. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A toad.
(d) A frog.
5. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
(a) The Lord grants her three wishes.
(b) Money falls from the sky.
(c) She marries a prince.
(d) A poor beggar gives her money.
6. Where does the third sparrow live in "The Sparrow and His Four Children"?
(a) Near the highway.
(b) In a stable.
(c) In a garden.
(d) In a church.
7. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
8. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
9. What does the rose symbolize in "The Rose"?
(a) Superhuman strength.
(b) Eternal beauty.
(c) The amount of time left before death.
10. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Point and laugh.
(b) Throw water on her.
(c) Stand and watch.
(d) Throw her into the fire.
11. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) The use of three.
(b) Evil stepmother.
(c) A handsome prince.
(d) Wicked witch.
12. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
13. What does the second son in "The Four Skillful Brothers" become?
(a) A stargazer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A huntsman.
14. Who is unable to rest in "The Stolen Farthings"?
(a) The ghost of a woman.
(b) The ghost of an animal.
(c) The ghost of a man.
(d) The ghost of a child.
15. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
(a) Bitter revenge.
(b) Wicked hatred.
(c) Magical art.
(d) Love and romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the old woman in "The Aged Mother" mourning?
2. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
3. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
4. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
5. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)