|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies the poor man in watching over the rich man's grave on the third night in "The Grave Mound"?
(a) His wife.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The devil.
(d) The rich man's wife.
2. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(d) Iambic pentameter.
3. How many princesses are there in "The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces"?
4. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
(b) Criticizing others.
5. In "Looking for a Bride," what test is given to three sisters to determine whether the shepherd boy will marry her?
(a) How they eat cheese.
(b) How they use cheese.
(c) How they make cheese.
(d) How they package cheese.
6. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
7. Who is unable to rest in "The Stolen Farthings"?
(a) The ghost of a woman.
(b) The ghost of a child.
(c) The ghost of a man.
(d) The ghost of an animal.
8. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) The devil.
(b) The Lord.
(c) Virgin Mary.
(d) An angel.
9. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
(a) A sword.
(b) A spear.
(c) A rope.
(d) A garden rake.
10. What is the lesson taught in "The Three Green Twigs"?
(a) Even the smallest sin is of importance to God.
(b) God is forgiving.
(c) God sees and knows all.
(d) One should always have faith in God.
11. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To bring a drink.
(b) To kill a boar.
(c) To chop some wood.
(d) To start a fire.
12. What does the second son in "The Four Skillful Brothers" become?
(a) A huntsman.
(b) A stargazer.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A thief.
13. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries someone else.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He forgets about her.
14. "The Wise Servant" is told from the view of the ___________.
15. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) A handsome prince.
(b) Wicked witch.
(c) The use of three.
(d) Evil stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
2. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
3. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
4. How does the girl in "The Star-Money" become rich?
5. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)