|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trademark of a fairy tale does "The Riddling Tale" have?
(a) A woman is turned into a flower.
(b) A woman marries a prince.
(c) A woman is cursed by an evil stepmother.
(d) A woman is cursed by a witch.
2. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(a) One hundred.
3. What is the true identity of the bear in "Snow-White and Rose-Red"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A kind.
(d) A thief.
4. What is "Strong Hans" a story of?
(a) Superhuman strength and intellect.
(b) Power and intellect.
(c) Slyness and superhuman strength.
(d) Superhuman strength and power.
5. In "The Cunning Little Tailor," what animal must the tailor spend the night with?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
6. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
7. Where does Hans the Hedgehog live the first eight years of his life?
(a) Inside the chicken coop.
(b) Underneath a table.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) Behind the stove.
8. Which Arabian Nights tale is "Simeli Mountain" similar to?
(b) Sinbad the Sailor.
(c) Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
(d) The Thief and the Merchant.
9. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
10. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw water on her.
(b) Point and laugh.
(c) Throw her into the fire.
(d) Stand and watch.
11. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
(a) Don't fall asleep on the job.
(b) Don't be a coward and hide.
(c) Don't win by cheating.
(d) Treat everyone equally.
12. What does the donkey learn to play in "The Donkey"?
(a) A horn.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A harp.
(d) A lute.
13. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
14. What is heavily symbolized in "The White Bride and the Black Bride"?
15. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
(a) Everyone else's deaths.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
2. Which of the following is NOT a token the huntsman takes of the princess' in "The Skillful Huntsman"?
3. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
4. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
5. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)