|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the industrious girl in "The Hurds" make a beautiful dress?
2. What comes out of the loaf of bread when the rich husband cuts into it in "God's Food"?
3. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
(c) Old age.
(d) Everyone else's deaths.
4. What happens after the boy rescues the princess in "The Drummer"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries someone else.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He marries her.
5. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
(a) The horse is dead.
(b) He wants to buy a new, more attractive looking horse.
(c) The horse does not listen to commands.
(d) He thinks the horse is useless.
6. What does "The Ear of Corn" remind people not to be?
7. Which element of fairy tales is not present in "Donkey Cabbages"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A beautiful maiden.
(c) An evil witch.
8. What is Master Pfriem's bad habit?
(a) Criticizing others.
9. What character trait saves the princess from a life of servitude in "Old Rinkrank"?
10. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
(a) Marrying the king's princess.
(b) Murdering the princess.
(c) Betraying Ferdinand the Unfaithful.
(d) Betraying his parents.
11. What literary device does "My Household" use?
(d) Iambic pentameter.
12. There is a heavy use of what element in "The Iron Stove"?
(d) The use of three.
13. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
14. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To chop some wood.
(b) To kill a boar.
(c) To start a fire.
(d) To bring a drink.
15. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) An angel.
(b) The devil.
(c) Virgin Mary.
(d) The Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Maid Maleen locked away?
2. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
3. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
4. In "The Willful Child," what part of the child sticks out of the grave?
5. What does the tailor do to his wife in "Sharing Sorrow and Joy"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)