|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Two-Eyes end up marrying in "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes"?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A prince.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A knight.
2. What animal does not help the boy in his task to hide from the princess in "The Sea-Hare"?
(a) A fox.
(b) A fish.
(c) A raven.
(d) A hare.
3. Who rescues the poor brother in "The Turnip"?
(a) A student.
(b) His brother.
(c) The princess.
(d) The king.
4. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They die.
(c) They turn half white.
(d) They turn into swans.
5. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Heavenly Wedding"?
(b) A prince on a quest.
(c) A witch.
(d) Evil stepmother.
6. What is the lesson in "The Hut in the Forest"?
(a) Always look to God for help.
(b) Using your own intellect with help you.
(c) Treat animals with kindness.
(d) Do not lie.
7. What animal is injured in "The Nail"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
8. What is the goose girl's true identity in "The Goose-Girl at the Well"?
(a) A princess.
(b) A witch.
(c) A nixie.
(d) A swan.
9. What act of unfaithfulness does Ferdinand the Faithful commit?
(a) Betraying Ferdinand the Unfaithful.
(b) Murdering the princess.
(c) Marrying the king's princess.
(d) Betraying his parents.
10. Who helps the soldier in "The Blue Light"?
(a) An elf.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A witch.
11. What heals the tailor's eyes in "The Two Travelers"?
(a) Leaves from a tree.
(b) The princess' kiss.
(c) Dew from the grass.
(d) Water from the river.
12. What literary tool is used in "The Peasant in Heaven"?
13. What do the Seven Swabians carry together?
(a) A garden rake.
(b) A rope.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
14. What is the third task the giant asks of the tailor in "The Giant and the Tailor"?
(a) To kill a boar.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To bring a drink.
(d) To chop some wood.
15. For how many years do the boys sleep in "The Twelve Apostles"?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
2. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
3. How many years is Maid Maleen locked away?
4. Why is the old woman in "The Aged Mother" mourning?
5. What is the moral of "The Hare and the Hedgehog"?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)