|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element does "The Three Brothers" not have that is commonly seen in many fairy tales?
(a) The use of three.
(c) Sibling bond.
2. What does the magician enchant to get revenge on the girl in "The Beam"?
(a) A field of flowers.
(b) The beam.
(c) The creek.
(d) The rooster.
3. What is the contest that the king holds for his sons in "The Three Sluggards" based on?
(d) Magical ability.
4. What does the boy do when the old woman is on fire in "The Old Beggar Woman"?
(a) Throw water on her.
(b) Stand and watch.
(c) Point and laugh.
(d) Throw her into the fire.
5. What is the foundation of the story "The Glass Coffin"?
(a) Wicked hatred.
(b) Love and romance.
(c) Magical art.
(d) Bitter revenge.
6. What do the pregnant women in "The Old Man Turned Young Again" give birth to?
7. What does George pester the chickens to do in "The Crumbs on the Table"?
(a) Run away.
(b) Eat crumbs off the mistress's table.
(c) Beat the mistress.
(d) Lay golden eggs.
8. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
(a) Wicked witch.
(b) Evil stepmother.
(c) The use of three.
(d) A handsome prince.
9. What quality does "The Shepherd Boy" express?
10. Why does the farmer want to get rid of the horse in "The Fox and the Horse"?
(a) He wants to buy a new, more attractive looking horse.
(b) He thinks the horse is useless.
(c) The horse does not listen to commands.
(d) The horse is dead.
11. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(b) St. Peter.
(c) Our Lady.
(d) The Lord.
12. What are the signs Death sends to the youth in "Death's Messengers"?
(a) Old age.
(c) Everyone else's deaths.
13. What common fairy tale element does "The Two King's Children" have?
(a) A cursed princess.
(b) An evil stepmother.
(c) The use of three.
(d) The use of trickery.
14. What animal does not help the boy in his task to hide from the princess in "The Sea-Hare"?
(a) A raven.
(b) A hare.
(c) A fox.
(d) A fish.
15. What animal does the chicken turn into in "The Ungrateful Son"?
(a) A frog.
(b) A toad.
(c) A bird.
(d) A skunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not mentioned in "The Duration of Life"?
2. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
3. What animal does the Lord create in "The Lord's Animals and the Devil's"?
4. Who dies in "Poverty and Humility Lead to Heaven"?
5. What is the moral of "The Hare and the Hedgehog"?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)