|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wolf and the Man | The Wolf and the Fox | Gossip Wolf and the Fox | The Fox and the Cat | The Pink | Clever Gretel | The Old Man and His Grandson.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the princes to turn into ravens in "The Twelve Brothers"?
(a) Their father, the king, has a curse put on them.
(b) Their sister picks the twelve flowers by the cottage.
(c) Benjamin picks the twelve flowers by the cottage.
(d) An evil witch puts a curse on them.
2. To what biblical story is "The Singing Bone" similar?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Solomon the King.
3. What does King Thrushbeard disguise as?
(a) A minstrel.
(b) A king.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A prince.
4. What was behind the mill "The Maiden Without Hands" that the devil claimed?
(a) The large apple tree.
(b) Hidden treasure.
(c) A forest.
(d) The miller's daughter.
5. Why does the tailor throw the footstool in "The Tailor in Heaven"?
(a) he threw it in joy when he saw an old woman stealing.
(b) He threw it in joy when he saw an old woman washing clothes.
(c) He threw it in anger when he saw an old woman stealing.
(d) He threw it in anger when he saw an old woman washing clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the witch in Hansel and Gretel die?
2. What happens to the goat in "The Magic Table, the Golden Donkey, and the Club in the Sack"?
3. What negative quality is expressed in "The Wolf and the Man"?
4. Who is inside the house that the animals in "The Bremen Town Musicians" come across?
5. What must the sister not do for six years in "The Six Swans"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)