|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Godfather Death | Thumbling's Travels | Fitcher's Bird | The Juniper Tree | Old Sultan | The Six Swans | Little Briar-Rose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the sister not do for six years in "The Six Swans"?
2. What causes the princes to turn into ravens in "The Twelve Brothers"?
(a) Their father, the king, has a curse put on them.
(b) Their sister picks the twelve flowers by the cottage.
(c) Benjamin picks the twelve flowers by the cottage.
(d) An evil witch puts a curse on them.
3. What happens to the goat in "The Magic Table, the Golden Donkey, and the Club in the Sack"?
(a) She is attacked by a fox.
(b) She is stung by a bee.
(c) She is killed by the father.
(d) She is eaten by a bear.
4. To what biblical story is "The Singing Bone" similar?
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Solomon the King.
(d) Adam and Eve.
5. What power did the servant in "The White Snake" receive?
(a) The ability to understand animals.
(b) The ability to make princesses fall in love with him.
(c) The ability to talk to animals.
(d) The ability to read minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first stepsister do to get her foot to fit in the golden slipper in Cinderella?
2. How do the lord ravens in "The Seven Ravens" know that their sister is near?
3. Which tale of "The Wedding of Mrs. Fox" shows Mr. Fox in a better light?
4. What is the proof that the prince has against the princess in "The Riddle"?
5. Most of Clever Hans uses what writing technique to tell the story?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)