|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hut in the Forest | Sharing Joy and Sorrow | The Willow-Wren | The Sole | The Bittern and Hoopoe | The Owl | The Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character makes a supernatural appearance in "The Three Apprentices"?
(a) The devil.
(b) Virgin Mary.
(c) The Lord.
(d) An angel.
2. What does the second son in "The Four Skillful Brothers" become?
(a) A huntsman.
(b) A stargazer.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A thief.
3. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(b) The Lord.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) Our Lady.
4. Why does the princess escape in Allerleirauh?
(a) Her father wants to wed her.
(b) Her father wants to kill her.
(c) Her father wants her to wed a peasant.
(d) Her father weds an evil woman.
5. What is not the same between "The Three Feathers" and "The Golden Goose"?
(a) Simpleton marries a princess.
(b) An evil witch.
(c) Three brothers.
(d) The character Simpleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the boy pours hot wax on the princess' faces in "The Three Black Princesses"?
2. What common fairy tale element is found in "The Lambkin and the Little Fish"?
3. What reoccurring element of fairy tales is seen in "The Six Servants"?
4. What does the boy learn how to do in "The Thief and his Master"?
5. What is the simple moral of "The Willow-Wren"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)