|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hut in the Forest | Sharing Joy and Sorrow | The Willow-Wren | The Sole | The Bittern and Hoopoe | The Owl | The Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the tests the lion suggests the king try upon the huntsmen in "The Twelve Huntsmen"?
(a) Walking on peas.
(b) Sleeping on mattresses with a pea at the bottom.
(c) Walking on pins.
(d) The reaction to gowns.
2. What is a common fairy tale motif found in "Brother Lustig"?
(a) An enchanted item.
(b) An evil witch.
(c) Talking animals.
(d) A damsel in distress.
3. What happens to the goat in "The Magic Table, the Golden Donkey, and the Club in the Sack"?
(a) She is attacked by a fox.
(b) She is stung by a bee.
(c) She is killed by the father.
(d) She is eaten by a bear.
4. What common theme is displayed in "The Lazy Spinner"?
5. Who comes down from the heavens and forces the dead to lie back in their graves in "The Moon"?
(b) St. Peter.
(c) The Lord.
(d) Our Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story "The Gold-Children" about?
2. What power does the horse posses in "The Raven"?
3. What does Thumbling use as a sword in "Thumbling's Travels"?
4. Which reoccurring character appears in "The Griffin"?
5. What job does the bird have that he ends up wanting to switch in "The Mouse, the Bird, and the Sausage"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)