|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robby, Mike and Cecil do after Stavros runs off?
2. What is the normal ritual for John's trips to the prison?
3. What does Robby say about John's first draft?
4. What does John say he wonders when the sees Robby?
5. When is 'Doing Time II' set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robby and Cecil argue about?
2. What pact did the robbers make, and how did it get broken?
3. Why did Robby and his crew turn from drugs to crime?
4. Describe Robby's relationship with Tanya.
5. How does Robby characterize his career in fencing operations?
6. How does Robby characterize the ghetto mentality?
7. How does John describe Robby's arrest after the drug deal in Detroit?
8. How does John characterize his revision to Robby's story.
9. How did the botched job feel wrong from the start, according to Robby?
10. What does Robby say about his educate in his speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of family in the relationship between John and Robby? Who else participates in their relationship, and who is instrumental in keeping their relationship going? How is John's solo visit to see Robby different from his visits with Judy and Jamila?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the ideal audience for "Brothers and Keepers"? What kinds of lessons does it teach, and what kind of life and ideas does it describe? Who would this account appeal to? What kinds of courses would this book be perfect for? Where else could it be added to a curriculum?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast John and Robby's attitudes about money. How are they similar? How are they different? How did John change from the ghetto mentality about money to something else?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)