|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robby, Mike and Cecil leave this place?
2. Who is Stavros?
3. What degree does Robby complete?
4. What does Robby say he would do with $1,000 if he got it?
5. What does Robby say motivated him to work hard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robby say was his impulse after the robbery?
2. Describe Robby's travels after the robbery?
3. How does Robby say the prison environment changes after his appeals are all turned down?
4. How does John describe Robby's arrest after the drug deal in Detroit?
5. Describe Robby's relationship with Tanya.
6. How does Robby characterize his work with autistic kids?
7. What did Robby and Cecil argue about?
8. How did Robby come to believe that Stavros had a gun?
9. What does Robby say about educate for prisoners?
10. What pact did the robbers make, and how did it get broken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? What life experiences has he had? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the women in "Brothers and Keepers", and how would the action and ideas in the book be portrayed differently if they were described from a woman's perspective? How would John's mother, or Judy, or Tanya, tell this story? How does John include their point of view?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)