|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robby's degree in?
2. What does Robby say motivated him to work hard?
(a) Material gain.
(c) The possibility of freedom.
(d) The threat of further punishment.
3. What is the bad news about Robby's graduation?
(a) Funding for the program gets cut.
(b) His sentence is being extended.
(c) Robby gets in a fight and cannot take any more classes.
(d) Robby cannot get out for good behavior.
4. How had John changed Robby's voice in the first draft?
(a) He made him sound more educated.
(b) He made him sound more dangerous.
(c) He made him sound cold-blooded.
(d) He made him sound out of control.
5. What does John include in the postscript?
(a) Photos of Robby's family.
(b) Robby's graduation speech.
(c) Robby's letters home.
(d) Robby's appeals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecil go after traveling with Robby?
2. What makes John angry during his visit with Robby?
3. How much did Robby plan to get for that heroin?
4. Who is Omar?
5. What made Robby good at this job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John characterize his revision to Robby's story.
2. How does John describe Robby's drug deal in Detroit?
3. Describe Robby's travels after the robbery?
4. Describe Robby's meeting with Johnny-Boy.
5. What is it about the prison workers that makes John mad?
6. What does Robby say was his impulse after the robbery?
7. What pact did the robbers make, and how did it get broken?
8. How did Robby come to believe that Stavros had a gun?
9. Why did Robby and his crew turn from drugs to crime?
10. How does Robby characterize the ghetto mentality?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)