|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was funny about John's trip to Maine with Robby?
(a) Robby singing black music.
(b) Judy singing old Perry Como tunes.
(c) Robby explaining where white music took from black musicians.
(d) John translating white music into black music.
2. What does John say he feels about escaping to Wyoming?
3. What does John say he does not like about the visit?
(a) The bureaucratic hassles.
(b) That it seems normal to visit a relative in prison.
(c) That they are more free than Robby even while they are there.
(d) The guards' indifference to them.
4. What does John say Garth's status was, in the neighborhood?
(a) He was feared.
(b) He was misunderstood.
(c) He was loved.
(d) He was loathed.
5. How many siblings doe John have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say his mother lost when Robby declined into crime?
2. What is it that unites almost all the prisoners?
3. How does John characterize Western State Penitentiary?
4. What does John say he likes seeing at the prison?
5. Who is Jake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John say Robby changed his mother?
2. What happened after Robby's arrest?
3. Describe John's visit with Robby.
4. How does John characterize the prisoners?
5. How does John describe his and his siblings' background?
6. What does John say the prisoners notice?
7. How does John characterize the drive to the penitentiary?
8. Who travels to the prison to visit Robby?
9. How does John say he and his family act after visiting the prison?
10. How are Jamila and Robby related in John's mind?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)