|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it the prisoners notice about children, according to John?
(a) Their free imaginations.
(b) Their bodies.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their voices.
2. How does John say the prisoners view children?
(a) As bright distractions.
(b) As objects of exchange.
(c) As sexual objects.
(d) As religious objects.
3. What does John notice about the prisoners?
(a) How impatient their movements are.
(b) How angry they seem.
(c) How their eyes appraise everyone.
(d) How submissive they become.
4. What is it that unites almost all the prisoners?
(a) They are black.
(b) They are old.
(c) They are young.
(d) They are tattooed.
5. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
(a) A center for drugs and prostitution.
(b) A coal mining ghetto.
(c) A center for gang violence.
(d) A shipping port.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John characterize Robby's birthday?
2. Where was Robby arrested?
3. What does Garth seem to have died of?
4. Who is the exception to this rule?
5. What does John say is an inmate's worst enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John say Robby changed his mother?
2. How does John say he and his family act when they get to the penitentiary?
3. Describe Robby's entrance into drugs and crime.
4. What does John say Jamila knows of Robby?
5. How does John characterize the drive to the penitentiary?
6. Why was Robby expelled from high school in 1968?
7. Where does John say Robby has a place in Jamila's life?
8. How does John characterize the waiting room?
9. What does John say the prisoners notice?
10. How does John characterize the significance of Robby's birthday?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)