|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John feel in looking at the prisoners?
2. What does John notice about the prisoners?
(a) How their eyes appraise everyone.
(b) How angry they seem.
(c) How impatient their movements are.
(d) How submissive they become.
3. What does John say he sees in himself by looking at the prisoners?
4. How does John say the guests are treated while they're at the prison?
(a) As fellow wardens.
(b) As prisoners.
(c) As VIPs.
(d) As trash.
5. What does John say Garth's death represents for Robby?
(a) A new beginning.
(b) The end of faith.
(c) A commitment to hostility toward the prison.
(d) An awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he does not like about the visit?
2. How does John say he tries to treat the prisoners?
3. Where does John pick Robby up?
4. What is the Homewood Avenue neighborhood?
5. What can't a prisoner do, no matter what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John treat the prisoners?
2. What does John say the prisoners notice?
3. Who travels to the prison to visit Robby?
4. What kind of blackness was expected of John in college?
5. What does John say about his wife and daughter?
6. Describe Robby's entrance into drugs and crime.
7. How does John say he and his family act after visiting the prison?
8. How does John say he and his family act when they get to the penitentiary?
9. Where does John say Robby has a place in Jamila's life?
10. What does John say Jamila knows of Robby?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)