|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Robby expelled from school?
(a) For beating a student.
(b) For beating up a cop.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For talking about black power.
2. Who is Faruq?
(a) A warden.
(c) Robby's cell-mate.
(d) A friend of Robby's.
3. Who does John say he had to adjust to in college?
(a) Rich white kids.
(b) The teachers and administrators.
(c) The local blacks.
(d) The janitors and maids.
4. How many years separate John and Robby?
5. What caused the prison revolt in 1980?
(a) A prisoner was beaten to death by another prisoner.
(b) A prisoner died of asthma.
(c) A prisoner was killed by a guard.
(d) The prison changed its policies on visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
2. How does John characterize the difference between his mother and father?
3. Where does John pick Robby up?
4. What does John notice about the prisoners?
5. What does John say about entering and leaving the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robby characterize himself as a young man?
2. How does John say he and his family act after visiting the prison?
3. What does John say Jamila knows of Robby?
4. Who is Garth, and what was his importance in Robby's life?
5. What happened after Robby's arrest?
6. Describe Robby's entrance into drugs and crime.
7. Describe the style and format of 'Brothers and Keepers'.
8. How does John say he and his family act when they get to the penitentiary?
9. What kind of blackness was expected of John in college?
10. How does John say he and his family are treated at the penitentiary?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)