|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say about entering and leaving the prison?
(a) He does not like to be seen.
(b) He is filled with anxiety at both times.
(c) He feels like he is dying and being born.
(d) He looks forward to both times.
2. Where did Robby's murder/robbery take place?
(a) Brooklyn, NY.
(b) Laramie, WY.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) Pittsburgh, PA.
3. How many years separate John and Robby?
4. How does John say he tries to treat the prisoners?
(a) As objects.
(b) As people.
(c) As machines.
(d) As dangerous animals.
5. What is "Brothers and Keepers" centered on?
(a) The relationship between John and Robby.
(b) The history of Wideman's family.
(c) Robby's trial for murder.
(d) John's attempts to distance himself from his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does John say is the longest he's ever talked with his brother in his whole life?
2. Why does Jamila think Robby should be out of prison?
3. What does John say Jamila remembers about Robby?
4. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
5. What caused the prison revolt in 1980?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's visit with Robby.
2. How does Robby characterize himself as a young man?
3. Where does John say Robby has a place in Jamila's life?
4. Describe the style and format of 'Brothers and Keepers'.
5. Describe the geography of "Brothers and Keepers".
6. How does John characterize Robby's temperament?
7. How does John characterize the waiting room?
8. How does John characterize the drive to the penitentiary?
9. How does John characterize the freedom gained by escaping from a situation or place?
10. How does John characterize the prisoners?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)