|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the other guys get away?
(a) When Robby, Mike and Cecil got home.
(b) When the truck began to pull out.
(c) At a red light.
(d) When the truck got in an accident.
2. How did Robby, Mike and Cecil know that they were in big trouble?
(a) Stavros' girlfriend saw their faces before they shot Stavros.
(b) The cops showed up.
(c) The white guys were running around.
(d) Stavros was dead.
3. How does Robby say he tests the heroin before buying it?
(a) He shoots it himself.
(b) He uses a spectrograph.
(c) He gets a comrade to shoot it.
(d) He uses chemical analysis.
4. What advice did Cecil get when he called his mother?
(a) To come back to Pittsburgh.
(b) To go to California.
(c) To go to Canada.
(d) To turn himself in Indiana.
5. What does John say Robby displays that he himself does not think he could display?
(b) Lack of control over his rage.
(c) Exasperation with the prison system.
(d) Courage in prison.
6. How had John changed Robby's voice in the first draft?
(a) He made him sound out of control.
(b) He made him sound cold-blooded.
(c) He made him sound more dangerous.
(d) He made him sound more educated.
7. What makes John angry during his visit with Robby?
(a) That Robby's life is costing the taxpayer so much when he should be working.
(b) That Robby is innocent.
(c) That justice was not served.
(d) That the prison workers can punch out.
8. What does Robby say happened to the people he worked with at the home?
(a) They were always in and out of jail.
(b) They were always being medicated into oblivion.
(c) They got beaten all the time.
(d) They were always being robbed.
9. Who is Stavros?
(a) Robby's landlord.
(b) An undercover agent.
(c) A cop.
(d) The fence.
10. What does Robby say is true of all valuable things?
(a) They are transitory.
(b) They depend on the prison bureaucracy.
(c) They are worth working hard for.
(d) They are only available to whites.
11. What does Robby advocate for in the postscript?
(a) Economic reforms.
(b) Educate for prisoners.
(c) Affirmative action.
(d) Legal reforms.
12. What is the normal ritual for John's trips to the prison?
(a) He has to take his daughter.
(b) He can't have anything metal on him.
(c) He has to stop off in the Homewood Avenue district.
(d) He has to be with his family.
13. What does Robby say he wishes people knew?
(a) How sorry he is for what he did.
(b) What happens inside prisons.
(c) How hard it is to be black in America.
(d) How corrupt the legal system is.
14. Who helps Robby, Mike and Cecil out after the heist?
(a) A white kid.
(b) A guy with a gun.
(c) A cop.
(d) A cab driver.
15. How does Robby characterize Stavros?
(b) Puerto Rican.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cecil and Mike go after Chicago?
2. How much did Robby spend on heroin?
3. Who shot Stavros that he went down?
4. What does John have to go through at the prison?
5. Who ratted Robby and his guys out?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)