|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robby plan to go, after Chicago?
(b) New York.
2. What does Robby say he heard when Stavros went into the back?
(a) Stavros trying to run away.
(b) Stavros called the cops.
(c) Stavros put a gun in his pocket.
(d) Stavros load a gun.
3. What pact does Robby say he and the others had made?
(a) Not to make any phone calls.
(b) To split up the money evenly.
(c) Not to call family.
(d) Not to spend the marked bills they got.
4. What does Robby say is true of all valuable things?
(a) They are only available to whites.
(b) They are worth working hard for.
(c) They depend on the prison bureaucracy.
(d) They are transitory.
5. What does Robby say he wishes people knew?
(a) How hard it is to be black in America.
(b) How sorry he is for what he did.
(c) How corrupt the legal system is.
(d) What happens inside prisons.
6. What does Robby say made Stavros go down?
(a) He was hit by splintered wood from where the bullets hit crates.
(b) He saw bullets go through his clothes.
(c) He wasn't sure if he was shot, or just trying to duck.
(d) He saw him get shot.
7. What do Robby, Mike and Cecil do after Stavros runs off?
(a) Tie up and blindfold the other guys.
(b) Run the other guys off.
(c) Lock the other guys in the truck.
(d) Kill the other guys.
8. Where did Robby get the drugs he was going to sell?
9. What does Robby say is the way out?
10. How much did Robby plan to get for that heroin?
11. What does John have to go through at the prison?
(a) An interrogation.
(b) A lie detector.
(c) Metal detectors.
(d) An application process.
12. What does Robby say about John's first draft?
(a) He says that it's all wrong.
(b) He says that it's not his story.
(c) He says that something is missing.
(d) He loves it.
13. What does John fix in the second draft?
(a) He gets more context for Robby.
(b) He includes more legal details from Robby's trial.
(c) He makes Robby sound more calculating.
(d) He gets Robby's street voice.
14. How does Robby say he tests the heroin before buying it?
(a) He shoots it himself.
(b) He uses a spectrograph.
(c) He uses chemical analysis.
(d) He gets a comrade to shoot it.
15. What did Stavros do when he was shot the second time?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Starts screaming.
(d) Lies bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robby go to this place?
2. Who did Robby work with at a home?
3. What does Robby say he wanted to do after the robbery?
4. What does John say inspired his first draft?
5. What is Robby sick with after Chicago?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)