|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John measure Robby's growth?
(a) His marriage's changes.
(b) Jamila's growth.
(c) His career's development.
(d) His manuscript's growth.
2. John says that the prisoners are like him except for what?
(a) They are illiterate.
(b) They are bad.
(c) They are poor.
(d) They are unlucky.
3. Who calls John at the beginning of the book?
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) Michael Dukes.
4. What kinds of places did Robby NOT frequent?
(a) Girl's houses.
(d) Hang out corners.
5. How many years separate John and Robby?
6. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
(a) A shipping port.
(b) A coal mining ghetto.
(c) A center for drugs and prostitution.
(d) A center for gang violence.
7. What does John say he sees in himself by looking at the prisoners?
8. Who were Michael Dukes and Cecil Rice?
(a) John's mother's friends.
(b) Friends of Robby's who were hiding him.
(c) Robby's partners in crime.
(d) The men Robby killed.
9. What would Robby do to make his family laugh?
(b) Put on hand-puppet shows.
(c) Tell dirty jokes.
(d) Impressions of famous people.
10. Who is Johnny-Boy?
(a) A criminal Robby picked up in Utah.
(b) The driver of the car who picked Robby up.
(c) The cop who catches Robby.
(d) One of Robby's partners in crime.
11. When does Robby show up in Laramie?
(a) November 1975.
(b) July 1977.
(c) April 1976.
(d) November 1976.
12. Where does John pick Robby up?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A truck stop.
(c) A diner.
(d) A bowling alley.
13. How long is Robby's prison sentence?
(a) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
14. What does John say commenced after Garth's death?
(a) Robby's determination to appeal his conviction.
(b) Robby's decline into drugs and crime.
(c) Robby's desire to be a father.
(d) Robby's reawakening to religion and spirituality.
15. What does Garth seem to have died of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say Jamila is obsessed with?
2. How old is Jamila when she visits Robby in prison?
3. What were prisoners prevented from doing after the revolt, according to John?
4. Who does Jamila say Robby looks like?
5. When did John realize the effect of Garth's death on Robby?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)