|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John say the prisoners view children?
(a) As bright distractions.
(b) As sexual objects.
(c) As objects of exchange.
(d) As religious objects.
2. When does Robby show up in Laramie?
(a) July 1977.
(b) November 1975.
(c) November 1976.
(d) April 1976.
3. What does Garth seem to have died of?
4. What does John notice about the prisoners?
(a) How impatient their movements are.
(b) How their eyes appraise everyone.
(c) How angry they seem.
(d) How submissive they become.
5. What was funny about John's trip to Maine with Robby?
(a) Robby explaining where white music took from black musicians.
(b) Robby singing black music.
(c) Judy singing old Perry Como tunes.
(d) John translating white music into black music.
6. Where did Robby's murder/robbery take place?
(a) Brooklyn, NY.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Laramie, WY.
(d) Pittsburgh, PA.
7. What was Robby's personality as a child?
(a) He was introspective and moody.
(b) He was the loner in the family.
(c) He was easy-going and duplicitous.
(d) He always wanted to have fun.
8. What does John say he and his family see when they drive up?
(a) Chain link fences and dogs.
(b) Barbed wire and guards.
(c) Guard towers and guns.
(d) Crowds of waiting visitors.
9. How does John say he tries to treat the prisoners?
(a) As dangerous animals.
(b) As people.
(c) As machines.
(d) As objects.
10. Where was Robby arrested?
11. What does John say his mother lost when Robby declined into crime?
(a) Her affection for her children.
(b) Her patience with the racism of the system.
(c) Her forgiving nature.
(d) Her faith in God.
12. What would Robby do to make his family laugh?
(a) Impressions of famous people.
(c) Put on hand-puppet shows.
(d) Tell dirty jokes.
13. How many years separate John and Robby?
14. Who is Jamila?
(a) John's daughter.
(b) John's mother.
(c) John's wife.
(d) Robby's girlfriend.
15. How long is Robby's prison sentence?
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivated Robby to kill the fence?
2. Who is John?
3. Why does Jamila think Robby should be out of prison?
4. How did Robby change his mother?
5. What does John say it is dangerous to drive through the Homewood Avenue district?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)