|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 44-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John feel in looking at the prisoners?
2. How does John characterize his feeling about his brother?
(a) He is always trying to keep himself clear of his family's troubles, but they keep finding him.
(b) He feels little or no relation with his family.
(c) In spite of the distance, he feels his brother is part of him.
(d) He feels like his brother is a stranger to him.
3. What does John say Jamila remembers about Robby?
(a) That he sings show tunes.
(b) That he eats apples.
(c) That he dances.
(d) That he looks like Muhammad Ali.
4. Why did John's father move to Pittsburgh?
(a) He was joining some family members there.
(b) Employment in mining.
(c) It was where his car broke down.
(d) To follow his wife's family.
5. Who does John say he had to adjust to in college?
(a) The local blacks.
(b) Rich white kids.
(c) The janitors and maids.
(d) The teachers and administrators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamila think Robby should be out of prison?
2. Where do John and Jamila have to drive through on the way to the penitentiary?
3. How does John characterize the waiting room?
4. What bothered John most about arguing with the white student?
5. Where does the word 'jail' come from?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)