|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 44-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say he sees in himself by looking at the prisoners?
2. Where do John and Jamila have to drive through on the way to the penitentiary?
(a) A mall.
(b) A business district.
(d) A ghetto.
3. Who is Jamila?
(a) John's mother.
(b) John's daughter.
(c) John's wife.
(d) Robby's girlfriend.
4. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
(a) A center for gang violence.
(b) A shipping port.
(c) A center for drugs and prostitution.
(d) A coal mining ghetto.
5. What news does John get at the beginning of the book?
(a) His brother has murdered a man.
(b) His brother has just finished school.
(c) His brother has shown up at his mother's house.
(d) His brother has received a life sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamila think Robby should be out of prison?
2. What does John say Jamila remembers about Robby?
3. What is it the prisoners notice about children, according to John?
4. Where was Robby arrested?
5. Why did John's father move to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)