|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 44-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John say he tries to treat the prisoners?
(a) As objects.
(b) As dangerous animals.
(c) As people.
(d) As machines.
2. John says that the prisoners are like him except for what?
(a) They are bad.
(b) They are poor.
(c) They are unlucky.
(d) They are illiterate.
3. What Catch-22 was John caught in?
(a) He was expected to be black and also to fit in seamlessly.
(b) He was expected to be a rebel and also a conformist.
(c) He was expected to be smart and also anti-intellectual.
(d) He was expected to have money, but he was expected not to work.
4. Why did John's father move to Pittsburgh?
(a) To follow his wife's family.
(b) Employment in mining.
(c) He was joining some family members there.
(d) It was where his car broke down.
5. How does John characterize his feeling about his brother?
(a) He feels like his brother is a stranger to him.
(b) In spite of the distance, he feels his brother is part of him.
(c) He feels little or no relation with his family.
(d) He is always trying to keep himself clear of his family's troubles, but they keep finding him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes John think he did an unwise thing in bringing Robby to his home?
2. What shade of black does John say he and his siblings are?
3. Why does Jamila think Robby should be out of prison?
4. What is a fence?
5. What bothered John most about arguing with the white student?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)