|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 35-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John characterize Western State Penitentiary?
(a) A decrepit institution.
(b) An imposing nineteenth-century prison.
(c) A gleaming modern prison.
(d) A relatively nice prison.
2. Where does John's family live?
3. What news does John get at the beginning of the book?
(a) His brother has just finished school.
(b) His brother has shown up at his mother's house.
(c) His brother has murdered a man.
(d) His brother has received a life sentence.
4. Where did John go to school?
(c) Penn State.
5. What can't a prisoner do, no matter what?
(a) Kill time.
(b) Breathe free.
(c) Speak freely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years separate John and Robby?
2. How old is Jamila when she visits Robby in prison?
3. Why did John's father move to Pittsburgh?
4. What kinds of places did Robby NOT frequent?
5. What form does John Wideman use for telling Robby's story?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)