|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 19-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John characterize his feeling about his brother?
(a) He feels like his brother is a stranger to him.
(b) He is always trying to keep himself clear of his family's troubles, but they keep finding him.
(c) He feels little or no relation with his family.
(d) In spite of the distance, he feels his brother is part of him.
2. What bothered John most about arguing with the white student?
(a) The white kid threw his blackness in his face.
(b) The white kid knew more than he did.
(c) Nothing John said could convince the kid he was right.
(d) It was clear that it didn't matter who was most knowledgeable.
3. How long is Robby's prison sentence?
(a) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. Where does John's family live?
5. Why did John's father move to Pittsburgh?
(a) Employment in mining.
(b) It was where his car broke down.
(c) To follow his wife's family.
(d) He was joining some family members there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Michael Dukes and Cecil Rice?
2. What theme runs through 'Brothers and Keepers'?
3. What motivated Robby to kill the fence?
4. What is a fence?
5. How many siblings doe John have?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)