|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visits, p. 35-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John say he had to adjust to in college?
(a) The local blacks.
(b) Rich white kids.
(c) The teachers and administrators.
(d) The janitors and maids.
2. Where was Robby arrested?
3. What does John say he and his family see when they drive up?
(a) Barbed wire and guards.
(b) Crowds of waiting visitors.
(c) Chain link fences and dogs.
(d) Guard towers and guns.
4. What was the Homewood Avenue district?
(a) A center for gang violence.
(b) A shipping port.
(c) A coal mining ghetto.
(d) A center for drugs and prostitution.
5. What does John say he argued about in college?
(a) Blues music.
(b) Basketball players.
(d) Modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John go to school?
2. What does John say Jamila is obsessed with?
3. What theme runs through 'Brothers and Keepers'?
4. What can't a prisoner do, no matter what?
5. Where does John pick Robby up?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)