|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Doing Time, I. November 16, 1975.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John characterize Western State Penitentiary?
(a) A gleaming modern prison.
(b) A relatively nice prison.
(c) An imposing nineteenth-century prison.
(d) A decrepit institution.
2. When did John realize the effect of Garth's death on Robby?
(a) A long time ago.
(c) In childhood.
(d) When Robby was arrested.
3. What does Robby tell Cecil in regard to his mother's advice?
(a) That he will be locked up for life if Stavros died.
(b) That he will never be able to start over.
(c) That he won't get off easily.
(d) That he will be tried as a juvenile in Pittsburgh.
4. Where did Robby go after the robbery?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
5. How did John's mother know that Robby was getting high?
(a) She heard in the trial.
(b) She heard from the neighbors.
(c) She found money missing from her purse, and a syringe.
(d) She caught him in the act of shooting up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were prisoners prevented from doing after the revolt, according to John?
2. What does John say Garth's death represents for Robby?
3. What does Robby say he wanted to do after the robbery?
4. What does John say is an inmate's worst enemy?
5. What advice did Cecil get when he called his mother?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)