|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Rodion about Odd and Jacob?
(a) How Odd gets Jacob to sleep.
(b) How well Jacob draws Odd.
(c) How Jacob can tell Odd about Stormy.
(d) Odd's ability to get information out of Jacob.
2. Who shot and killed Flossie's family?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What does Rodion say to Odd about his hat?
(a) His wife gave it to him.
(b) He bought it at a second hand store.
(c) He killed the bear in Russia.
(d) He found it in an old trunk.
4. How does the uberskeleton follow Odd?
(a) In giant hops.
(b) By crawling on the floor.
(c) Straight across the floor.
(d) Along the ceiling and the wall.
5. How does Rodion interpret the phrase light from light?
(a) Light cannot come from darkness.
(b) Evil people cannot live in the light.
(c) Out of the invisible can be born the visible.
(d) Light was the first thing made in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beast do after it finishes with Rodion's SUV?
2. What does Odd tell Knuckles?
3. When does Odd chose to leave the monastery?
4. What did Jacob give Sister Angela to put on her wall?
5. What does Rodion say was his job in Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John tell Odd and Rodion about his work when they first begin to talk?
2. How do Odd and Rodion hope to get to John's Mew and what happens when they try?
3. What does Odd tell Rodion when he reaches him and what does Rodion tell Odd?
4. What does Brother Knuckle do about the ice creature?
5. What does Rodion translate the first door as and what is Odd's opinion of that translation? What is Rodion's opinion of it?
6. What does Elvis do in the SUV and what does Odd tell him?
7. What do the brothers ask Odd when in the school and why does Odd tell them?
8. What is the answer to the riddle of the three portraits on Mother Superior's wall?
9. What happened to Flossie that has made her emotionally ill?
10. What does Odd do when the creature comes out of Timothy's body? What does the creature do?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)