|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother John doing while Death comes at Odd?
(a) Standing in the corner with his eyes shut.
(b) He has left the room.
(c) Lying on the floor.
(d) Sitting in his chair.
2. What does Rodion confess to being?
(a) An NSA agent.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physicist.
3. What does the NSA do about the deaths of Timothy and Maxwell?
(a) Charges John with their deaths.
(b) Performs autopsies.
(c) Create cover stories.
(d) Calls the local police.
4. What are the casements in Jacob's room like?
(a) There are no casements.
(b) They are steel and very sturdy.
(c) They are wooden and won't close.
(d) They are bronze and open outward.
5. What does Odd hear when he reaches the end of the tunnel?
(a) A door handle rattling.
(b) Heavy breathing.
(c) A scraping noise on the ceiling.
(d) The odd keening he's heard before.
6. What does Rodion ask John about his creations?
(a) If he thinks they have a soul.
(b) How he gets rid of them.
(c) If he thinks they make him God.
(d) If he made them to use for killing.
7. Who shot and killed Flossie's family?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
8. What does Odd ask Ozzie to do?
(a) Set up a trust fund for Jacob.
(b) Go meet with Rodion.
(c) Set up a trust fund for Flossie.
(d) Take him back to the monastery.
9. What does the Abbot tell the brothers to do in order for Odd to talk?
(a) Swear an oath not to tell anyone.
(b) Not to judge what Odd says.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Consider what he says as a confession.
10. What does the model John has created reveal?
(a) The error of religion.
(b) The origins of the universe.
(c) How living organisms die.
(d) The deepest structure of reality.
11. Why is Odd asking Jacob questions?
(a) To try to get into his mind.
(b) To make Jacob think Odd needs his help.
(c) To make Jacob feel smart.
(d) To open Jacob up.
12. Who stays with Odd on the side of the road as Ozzie drives away?
(a) Constantine and Timothy.
(b) Timothy and Maxwell.
(c) Boo and Constantine.
(d) Boo and Elvis.
13. Of whom is the final portrait on Sister Angela's wall?
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Abe Lincoln.
14. What does Odd tell his passenger about Odd's physical condition?
(a) He is doing terrible.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is fine.
(d) His chest is hurting.
15. What does Maxwell realize about the ice creature?
(a) It keeps getting bigger.
(b) It can't be killed.
(c) It isn't afraid of them.
(d) It is terrified of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd want to do with Flossie?
2. What did John discover in his research that changed him?
3. Why was Flossie brought back to her room?
4. What does Odd tell Rodion?
5. When and where did Jacob first see the hooded figure?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)