|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is Ozzie driving?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Lincoln.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Mercedes.
2. What does Rodion say was his job in Russia?
(a) A chef.
(b) A KGB agent.
(c) A mortician.
(d) An artist.
3. What comes out of the storm when they are almost back to the school?
(a) A scuttling collection of bones.
(b) A county snowplow.
(c) Two brothers walking against the wind.
(d) Another SUV.
4. Of whom is the final portrait on Sister Angela's wall?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(c) Harper Lee.
5. What is the book Flossie has about?
6. Why does Abbot Bernard decide to leave his position?
(a) The church will want him to leave.
(b) He supported John's work.
(c) He is too old for such excitement.
(d) He doesn't trust his judgment anymore.
7. What do the pieces Rodion spills out on the floor do?
(a) Lay there not moving.
(b) Shake apart into small pieces.
(c) Start coming together.
(d) Begin to move towards Rodion.
8. What impresses Rodion about Odd and Jacob?
(a) How Odd gets Jacob to sleep.
(b) How well Jacob draws Odd.
(c) How Jacob can tell Odd about Stormy.
(d) Odd's ability to get information out of Jacob.
9. What does Odd tell his passenger?
(a) She/he has been a blessing.
(b) She/he should carry a gun.
(c) She/he should let Odd drive.
(d) She/he needs to go back in the school.
10. What does the beast do after it finishes with Rodion's SUV?
(a) Retreats a little and watches them.
(b) Pounds on the roof.
(c) Runs away out of sight.
(d) Goes after the second SUV.
11. What does Odd ask Ozzie to do?
(a) Set up a trust fund for Jacob.
(b) Set up a trust fund for Flossie.
(c) Go meet with Rodion.
(d) Take him back to the monastery.
12. In what position is Brother Timothy?
(a) Slumped, in a sitting position against the tower.
(b) Lying at the bottom of the cooling tower.
(c) Half in and half out of the cooling tower.
(d) Suspended off the floor.
13. What does Rodion ask John about his creations?
(a) How he gets rid of them.
(b) If he thinks they have a soul.
(c) If he thinks they make him God.
(d) If he made them to use for killing.
14. What does Brother John create for Odd and Rodion?
(a) A snake.
(b) An ice monster.
(c) A floppy.
(d) Two insects.
15. What is under Timothy's eyelids?
(a) His eyes.
(c) A kaleidoscope of little bones.
(d) Black stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jacob doing when they bring Knuckles and Maxwell to his room?
2. Who shows up while Odd is walking?
3. What pops out of the wall when Brother Timothy's body moves?
4. What does Odd want to do with Flossie?
5. How does Rodion interpret the phrase light from light?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)