|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd grab to throw at his pursuer?
(b) Small branches.
2. How does Odd think Timothy's disappearance is related Constantine?
(a) He doesn't think there is any relationship between the two.
(b) He thinks Constantine knows where Timothy is.
(c) He thinks Timothy is dead.
(d) He thinks Constantine has Timothy.
3. Who is waiting for Odd at the guest house?
(c) Brother Maxwell.
4. What does Jacob ask Odd?
(a) If Odd sees the light in the window.
(b) If he can draw too.
(c) If he is staying in the Abbey.
(d) If he ever floats away when the dark comes.
5. What does Odd decide about the threat the bodachs are foretelling?
(a) The threat is from people.
(b) The threat is from fire.
(c) The threat is from an earthquake.
(d) The threat is from Constantine.
6. What does Odd feel as he walks the grounds after giving up on his search?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He should have found Timothy.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is being watched.
7. What does Odd sense when the keening stops?
(a) The ground shaking.
(b) Cold air.
(c) Warm, moist heat.
8. What does Odd tell the Mother Superior in Chapter 4?
(a) About the bodachs.
(b) That her father is standing beside her.
(c) About Constantine.
(d) About his life in Pico Mundo.
9. What does Odd see through Justine's window?
(a) A non-human figure.
(b) Sister Clair Marie.
(c) Brother Maxwell.
(d) A snow storm.
10. What does the thing outside keep doing?
(a) Falling over.
(b) Yelling out.
(c) Making and remaking itself.
(d) Jumping up and down.
11. What does Odd believe about Jacob and the bodachs?
(a) Jacob is afraid of the bodachs.
(b) Jacob can be friends with the bodachs.
(c) Jacob can see the bodachs.
(d) Jacob has the information he needs to find out what is happening.
12. What subject do Rodion and Odd discuss?
(a) The missing monk.
(b) The children.
(c) Quantum theory.
(d) Spiritual quests.
13. What does Odd check because of fear of fire?
(a) The fireplaces.
(b) The emergency fire alarm.
(c) The phone lines.
(d) The computer system.
14. Why doesn't Elvis pass over?
(a) He thinks he disappointed his mother.
(b) He thinks he will go to hell.
(c) He believes that God has cut him off.
(d) He likes watching life on earth unfold.
15. Why does Odd go to the bell tower in Chapter 24?
(a) The bells are ringing at the wrong time.
(b) To be able to see farther.
(c) He thinks Timothy might be up there.
(d) He finds peace up there.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Odd think the trouble might arise?
2. How has the position of the card on Odd's table changed?
3. What does Brother Knuckles do after he and Odd finish their search?
4. Where does Odd go after he and Knuckles searches for Timothy?
5. To where does Odd follow the bodachs?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)