|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bodach in Odd's dream become?
(a) The Russian guest.
(c) The Mother Superior.
2. Who is playing the piano in the recreation room?
(a) Sister Agnes.
(b) Brother Peter Paul.
(c) No one.
(d) A ten-year-old prodigy.
3. What does Brother Knuckles think is Timothy's fate?
(a) He has been kidnapped.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He has fallen sick somewhere.
(d) He is dead.
4. What does the figure in Chapter 25 do while looking at Odd?
(a) Extends a white hand.
(b) Throws a bottle at him.
(c) Rings the bell.
(d) Runs towards him.
5. What does Odd feel as he walks the grounds after giving up on his search?
(a) He is being watched.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He should have found Timothy.
(d) He is depressed.
6. Where do Rodion and Odd agree to meet?
(a) In the recreation room.
(b) At the Abbey.
(c) At the parking garage.
(d) In the basement.
7. What does Rodion comment on about Odd?
(a) Odd's knowledge of Indiana.
(b) That Odd doesn't trust him.
(c) Odd's ability to see the dead.
(d) Odd staying at the monastery.
8. Why is Odd going to drive to the Abbey?
(a) To pick up some monks.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To get some guns.
(d) To call the governor.
9. What is wrong with most of the children at the school?
(a) Physical and mental retardation.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Emotional illness.
10. What does Odd do when he first gets to Jacob's room?
(a) Sits at the table.
(b) Goes to the window and looks out.
(c) Sits on the floor.
(d) Stands over Jacob looking over his shoulder.
11. What does Brother Knuckles convince Odd to do?
(a) Go back to Jacob's room.
(b) Not talk to the police.
(c) Go talk to Justine.
(d) Go find Constantine.
12. Where were Jacob's mother's ashes scattered?
(a) On the mountain.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) On the grounds of the Abbey.
(d) She was buried.
13. In Chapter 2, who says to Thomas: "Loop me in, Odd one." ?
14. Who is waiting for Odd at the guest house?
(c) Brother Maxwell.
15. In Chapter 8, how much time does Odd estimate they have before something happens?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) A day or two.
(c) About a week.
(d) Several hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodion doing in the kitchen in Chapter 28?
2. How does Odd think Timothy's disappearance is related Constantine?
3. What does Rodion believe is true about the universe?
4. Where does Sister Clair Marie send Odd?
5. What is Boo trying to get Odd to do in the garage?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)