|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what position is Justine when Odd visits her room?
(a) Lying in bed.
(b) Sitting on the floor.
(c) Propped up in bed with her hands in her lap.
(d) Sitting in a chair.
2. Why does the police take interest in Odd?
(a) He is staring too hard at them.
(b) He looks odd.
(c) He is younger than most of the monks there.
(d) He is not in a monk's robe.
3. What does Odd see through Justine's window?
(a) A snow storm.
(b) Sister Clair Marie.
(c) Brother Maxwell.
(d) A non-human figure.
4. How did Jacob's mother raise him?
(a) With too much indifference.
(b) On her own.
(c) With her husband.
(d) With her sister.
5. What does Brother Knuckles convince Odd to do?
(a) Go back to Jacob's room.
(b) Go talk to Justine.
(c) Go find Constantine.
(d) Not talk to the police.
6. What is Rodion doing in the kitchen in Chapter 28?
(a) Talking to the cook.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Decorating a cake.
(d) Getting some salt for the steps.
7. What does Odd almost trip over as he runs around the corner of the library?
(a) A monk lying in the grass.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tree root.
(d) A large rock.
8. Where do Rodion and Odd agree to meet?
(a) At the Abbey.
(b) In the basement.
(c) At the parking garage.
(d) In the recreation room.
9. What does Sister Clair Marie ask Odd?
(a) If he wants lunch.
(b) If he's come to see someone.
(c) What is wrong with him.
(d) Why the door is shaking.
10. Where does Odd head after he stops his search?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the Abbey.
11. Why doesn't Elvis pass over?
(a) He thinks he disappointed his mother.
(b) He believes that God has cut him off.
(c) He thinks he will go to hell.
(d) He likes watching life on earth unfold.
12. What does Odd check because of fear of fire?
(a) The phone lines.
(b) The computer system.
(c) The fireplaces.
(d) The emergency fire alarm.
13. Why is Odd going to drive to the Abbey?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To get some guns.
(c) To pick up some monks.
(d) To call the governor.
14. In Chapter 16, how many bodachs are now around the children?
15. Why does Odd go to the kitchen in Chapter 23?
(a) To get a sandwich.
(b) To see if the windows are locked.
(c) To look for Brother Knuckles.
(d) To find the Rodion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd decide about the threat the bodachs are foretelling?
2. Where does Sister Clair Marie send Odd?
3. Why does Odd go to the bell tower in Chapter 24?
4. What have the police decided about Brother Timothy?
5. What does John say to Odd about John's gift?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)