Essay Topic 1
BROTHER ODD is one book in a series of novels involving Odd Thomas and the other characters. Discuss the following.
1. What are two advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
2. What is a disadvantage of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
3. Do you prefer to read a stand alone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Some aspects of the metaphysical is in every Odd Thomas books. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term "metaphysical."
2. Discuss what elements of the metaphysical appear in the Odd Thomas books, e. g.: What elements of Odd Thomas seem outside the five senses? Give examples. What things that happen cannot be proved by normal scientific methods?
This section contains 2,223 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)