|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V (pages 225 - 269).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danticat's father have to say about having only children?
(a) Only children are spoiled.
(b) Only children are vulnerable.
(c) God did not make us with one eye.
(d) Only children are the happiest.
2. What does Joseph tell Danticat about his health over the phone from the detention center that alarms her?
(a) He tells her he could not breathe properly.
(b) He tells her he has been bleeding.
(c) He tells her he has been sweating profusely.
(d) He tells her they took his medicine away.
3. What is the name of Danticat's father's cab?
(a) A daisy cab.
(b) A gypsy cab.
(c) A checkered cab.
(d) A flowered cab.
4. What is the name of Danticat's midwife?
5. When did Haitians begin arriving in Florida in large numbers by boat?
(a) The early 2000s.
(b) The mid-1990s.
(c) The early 1980s.
(d) The early 1970s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph do at Melina's funeral?
2. What complication does Danticat find out she has in her pregnancy?
3. Which book does Danticat cherish as a child?
4. What does Danticat's brother Kelly remind her of when she tells him she is pregnant?
5. Where does Danticat go with her father before his doctor's appointment in the section titled "Have You Enjoyed Your Life?"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)