|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III (pages 112 - 169).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book does Danticat cherish as a child?
(a) Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Fancy Nancy.
(d) Frog and Toad.
2. How long after Danticat's father leaves for the United States does her mother follow him?
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
3. Where does Joseph meet Denise for the first time?
(a) In the markets of Bel Air.
(b) On the street in Brooklyn.
(c) In the church in Bel Air.
(d) On the hills in Beausejour, Haiti.
4. What disease does Danticat's father Mira suffer from?
(b) Liver Disease.
(c) Pulmonary Fibrosis.
(d) Throat Cancer.
5. How many letters does Danticat write on her typewriter to Uncle Joseph?
(a) A dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph carry under his arm when he visits Mira in the hospital in 2004?
2. What does Bob tell Kelly and Karl is really going on with him and Danticat?
3. What is one of Joseph's first symptoms of illness in 1977?
4. Who does Danticat share a bunk bed with in Joseph's house?
5. What is the name of the doctor who sees Danticat's father?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)