|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II (pages 58 - 111).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danticat's mother give her to take on the plane?
(b) Haitian food.
(c) Compression stockings.
(d) Bottles of water.
2. What do the American doctors say in 1978 about Uncle Joseph's health problem?
(a) He will need to take insulin the rest of his life.
(b) His arm will need to be amputated.
(c) He will need multiple muscular surgeries to correct his paralysis.
(d) They need to do a biopsy on his throat tumor to see if it is cancerous.
3. Who asks Danticat's father, Mira, if he has enjoyed his life?
4. What does Bob do when he sees his mother for the first time in many years?
(a) Shyly asks if she remembers him.
(b) Turns away because he does not recognize her.
(c) Yells at her for leaving him.
(d) Immediately runs to her and kisses her.
5. Why are Tante Denise and Uncle Joseph so upset with the neighbors across the street in 1974?
(a) Their son, the father of Marie Micheline's baby, does not admit he is the father.
(b) They made fun of Joseph's loss of voice.
(c) They skipped Melina's funeral.
(d) They robbed them of some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joseph meet Denise for the first time?
2. What kind of record does Joseph listen to in 1978 as he gets ready for the day?
3. What is the name of the doctor who sees Danticat's father?
4. What new barrier to their emigration do Danticat and Bob encounter during their six months of medical treatment in 1980?
5. Who does Joseph often take with him on errands following his throat surgery?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)