|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II (pages 58 - 111).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncle Joseph want Mira to marry before Mira meets Danticat's mother?
(a) Marie Micheline.
(b) Tante Denise's sister Leone.
(c) A neighbor named Ferna.
(d) A teacher named Christiana.
2. What does Liline say to Danticat and Bob when they leave for the United States?
(a) See you later.
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Now I get your bed.
(d) Bon voyage.
3. What is the name of the doctor who sees Danticat's father?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Padman.
(c) Dr. Forent.
(d) Dr. Janker.
4. What breaks when Joseph meets Denise for the first time?
(a) Joseph's bridle.
(b) Denise's calabash.
(c) Denise's ankle.
(d) Joseph's cart.
5. Why does Danticat's father lose his job on the day they arrive in the United States from Haiti?
(a) He asked his boss if he could leave work early to pick his children up at the airport, and the boss had said no.
(b) He could not take the physical labor involved in the job any longer.
(c) He asked his boss for a raise, and the boss had fired him.
(d) He had been wrongly accused of stealing from the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joseph and Denise build their first house?
2. How does Danticat refer to her grandfather?
3. What is one of Joseph's first symptoms of illness in 1977?
4. What kind of stand does Tante Zi run in Haiti?
5. Which book does Danticat cherish as a child?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)