|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III (pages 112 - 169).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the American doctors say in 1978 about Uncle Joseph's health problem?
(a) They need to do a biopsy on his throat tumor to see if it is cancerous.
(b) His arm will need to be amputated.
(c) He will need to take insulin the rest of his life.
(d) He will need multiple muscular surgeries to correct his paralysis.
2. Who does Danticat share a bunk bed with in Joseph's house?
(c) Granme Melina.
(d) Marie Micheline.
3. What does Danticat think her bedclothes in the United States smell like?
(b) Citronella and vetiver.
(c) Chanel perfume.
(d) Moth balls.
4. Why does Danticat's father lose his job on the day they arrive in the United States from Haiti?
(a) He could not take the physical labor involved in the job any longer.
(b) He had been wrongly accused of stealing from the company.
(c) He asked his boss if he could leave work early to pick his children up at the airport, and the boss had said no.
(d) He asked his boss for a raise, and the boss had fired him.
5. Who is Tante Denise's mother?
(a) Granme Melina.
(b) Marie Micheline.
(c) Granme Liliana.
(d) Tante Zoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Danticat's reaction to seeing her parents again for the first time in many years?
2. When does the American Consulate write to Joseph requesting that Danticat and Bob undergo a physical to see if they can travel to the United States?
3. Where does Danticat's brother Kelly live?
4. How does Marie Micheline die?
5. Why does Danticat's father not want to take the medication the doctor has prescribed?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)