|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV (pages 170 - 224).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Tante Denise tell Danticat the last time Danticat visits her in Haiti?
(a) The Angel of Death and Father God.
(b) The Old Goat and the Young Ram.
(c) The Snake and the Badger.
(d) The House With the Golden Windows.
2. What kind of food does the Customs and Border Patrol personnel give to Joseph initially?
(b) Chocolate candy.
(c) Chips and soda.
(d) Ice cream.
3. Who does Danticat share a bunk bed with in Joseph's house?
(b) Marie Micheline.
(c) Granme Melina.
4. What disguise does Joseph wear to move between houses in Bel Air in October 2004?
(a) A woman's muumuu and wig.
(b) A doctor's coat.
(c) A beard and glasses.
(d) A farmer's hat and overalls.
5. What is the welcome meal that Danticat's parents cook for her and Bob when they arrive in the United States?
(a) Pork roast.
(b) Mustard greens, fried chicken, and grapes.
(c) Rice and beans, fried plantains, and stewed chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joseph go after leaving the first neighbor's house he takes refuge in in October 2004?
2. How does Joseph look different to Danticat when she meets him at the airport in 1983?
3. Where does an immigration agent tell Danticat that Joseph and Maxo were taken to in the fall of 2004 upon their arrival in the United States?
4. What does Danticat's father give her on her second day in the United States?
5. Who is Maxo's son?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)