|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it take Eilis each way if she goes to Ireland for a visit?
(a) Seven to eight days.
(b) Nine to ten days.
(c) Four to five days.
(d) Five to six days.
2. What color stockings are going to be sold at Bartocci's store in Part III?
(b) Black fox, taupe, and chocolate.
(c) Red Fox, Sepia, and Coffee.
3. What time of day does Eilis go to see Tony after receiving her first letter from home after Rose's death?
(a) 6 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
4. In Part III, Section 2, why does Father Flood come to Bartocci's to speak with Eilis?
(a) Her mother has died.
(b) Jack has died.
(c) Rose has died.
(d) Martin has died.
5. In Part III, Section 2, at what restaurant does Tony want to take Eilis to celebrate the news that she passed all her classes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Tony have?
2. What is the name of the place where Eilis sees her first baseball game?
3. Where is Miss Delano from?
4. What does Tony do for a living?
5. Where do Tony and Eilis spend the night after Eilis receives her first letter from home after Rose's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Father Flood make in Part III, Section 1?
2. What all does Eilis buy for her trip to Coney Island with Tony?
3. Why does Eilis not have to pay for her tuition for Brooklyn College?
4. Why does Eilis not spend Christmas with Tony's family in Part III, Section 2?
5. In Part III, Section 1, why does Eilis edit what she writes home in her letters?
6. Why does Mrs. Kehoe want to speak with Eilis at the beginning of Part III, Section 1?
7. What is Eilis's new room like in Part III, Section 1?
8. What does Eilis learn about Mr. Rosenblum in the special law bookstore?
9. What do Tony, Maurice, and Laurence buy together, and what do they plan to do?
10. What does Eilis's mother tell Eilis about Rose's death?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)