|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eilis not think that Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan can help her pick out clothes?
(a) They are too formal and stiff in their attire.
(b) They are too modern and loud in their attire.
(c) They have a horrible sense of color.
(d) They look dowdy.
2. During Eilis's first baseball game, when is there a break when she and the others can go to the bathroom and get food and drinks?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One and a half minutes.
3. What is the name of Eilis's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Cudigan.
(b) Dr. Winters.
(c) Dr. Murphy.
(d) Dr. Manson.
4. In Part III, Section 2, at what restaurant does Tony want to take Eilis to celebrate the news that she passed all her classes?
5. What do Father Flood and his housekeeper bring Rose after she speaks to her mother on the phone in Part III, Section 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tony's parents from?
2. What is one of the songs the musicians play at the dance when Eilis meets Tony?
3. How did Rose die?
4. In Part III, how much bigger is Eilis's new room at the boarding house?
5. In Part III at the first parish dance, what instrument does an accordion player switch to when the music changes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rosenblum suggest Eilis do when she asks him if there is anything she can read to prepared for the final exam?
2. What does Miss Bartocci announce to Eilis and Miss Delano in Part III, Section 1?
3. Why does Eilis not have to pay for her tuition for Brooklyn College?
4. What does Eilis's mother tell Eilis about Rose's death?
5. Why does Eilis go to see Father Flood at the beginning of Part III, Section 2?
6. Why does Father Flood come to Bartocci's to speak with Eilis in Part III, Section 2?
7. What all does Eilis buy for her trip to Coney Island with Tony?
8. What does Mrs. Kehoe say about dances held in the parish hall after the war?
9. Why does Mrs. Kehoe want to speak with Eilis at the beginning of Part III, Section 1?
10. When Eilis moves to the room in the basement, why does she wish that she had stayed in her old bedroom?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)