|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Eilis think that her roommate on board ship might be?
2. How many days does Father Flood arrange for Mrs. Kehoe to pack a lunch for Eilis her first week of classes?
3. How many nights a week does Father Flood think that Eilis should attend classes?
(a) Two to Three.
(b) One to two.
(c) Three to four.
(d) Four to five.
4. Where do Rose and Eilis have lunch together before Eilis takes the taxi to the boat in Liverpool?
(a) Gresham Hotel.
(b) Wyatt Hotel.
(c) Rosehead Tea Room.
(d) Willows Tea Room.
5. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
(a) Toast with butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rose go to Dublin for sales to buy clothes?
2. How many years will Eilis need to attend Brooklyn College to get a good job?
3. What does Eilis write and tell her family is her favorite thing about America?
4. What is Miss Kelly's first name?
5. What color cardigan is Rose wearing at the beginning of Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kehoe like to talk about?
2. What are the first things that Eilis does when she gets to Bartocci's in the morning?
3. How does Miss Bartocci tell Eilis customers are treated?
4. What does Miss Kelly say when Eilis tells her that she is going to America?
5. What happened to Mrs. Kehoe's husband?
6. Who is Father Flood?
7. What is the "Famous Nylon Sale" at Bartocci's?
8. What news does Nancy have when Eilis sees her after talking to Miss Kelly about a job?
9. How does Eilis feel after receiving her first three letters from home?
10. What is the system for laundering clothes at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)