|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George buy Nancy and Eilis to drink when they are at a dance on the Sunday Eilis first works for Miss Kelly?
(a) Iced tea.
(b) Root beer.
2. Where does Jack work?
(b) Tea warehouse.
(c) Spare-parts warehouse.
(d) Grocery store.
3. What time does Father Flood arrive on the second day that Eilis shows up sad at work?
(a) About three.
(b) Around four.
(c) After two.
(d) At five.
4. When does Rose go to Dublin for sales to buy clothes?
(a) January and August.
(b) February and September.
(c) May and December.
(d) April and November.
5. What color cardigan is Rose wearing at the beginning of Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eilis's brothers work?
2. How many lodgers are at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house other thanEilis?
3. Where is Eilis sitting at the beginning of Part I?
4. What type of meat do people say is the best sold anywhere and is sold by Miss Kelly?
5. Before Eilis sails to America, how many times has she used a shower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Kelly say about her helper Mary?
2. What does Miss Kelly say when Eilis tells her that she is going to America?
3. What is Eilis's room like on the ship that takes her to America?
4. What is the system for laundering clothes at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
5. What happened to Mrs. Kehoe's husband?
6. What are the accommodations like at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
7. What news does Nancy have when Eilis sees her after talking to Miss Kelly about a job?
8. What classes does Father Flood help Eilis enroll in?
9. When did Rose go to a seven o'clock mass, and what was it like for her?
10. What is the "Famous Nylon Sale" at Bartocci's?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)