|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color shop coat does Eilis buy in Part I?
2. How many days does Father Flood arrange for Mrs. Kehoe to pack a lunch for Eilis her first week of classes?
3. How long is Rose allowed to stay on the boat Eilis is taking to American before she has to leave?
(a) About an hour.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. How old does Eilis think that her roommate on board ship might be?
5. The night after Eilis receives her first letters from home, what does she call her bedroom at Mrs. Kehoe's?
(b) Rat trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night after Eilis's first sale at Bartocci's, what are Patty and Diana modeling that they just purchased?
2. What day of the week does Miss Kelly want Eilis to work in her store in Part I?
3. What is Rose carrying when Eilis sees her coming home from work at the beginning of Part I?
4. What is Jim Farrell's mother's maiden name?
5. What time is there a rush of customers on Eilis's first day working at Miss Kelly's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eilis get a shop coat and what type does she buy?
2. What news does Nancy have when Eilis sees her after talking to Miss Kelly about a job?
3. What is the "Famous Nylon Sale" at Bartocci's?
4. What classes does Father Flood help Eilis enroll in?
5. What does Mrs. Kehoe like to talk about?
6. What are the first things that Eilis does when she gets to Bartocci's in the morning?
7. What is the system for laundering clothes at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
8. What are the accommodations like at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
9. What does Miss Kelly give Eilis when she has her come in and work an extra day in the shop?
10. What does Miss Kelly say about her helper Mary?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)