|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other Irish girls have taken classes at Brooklyn College where Father Flood enrolls her?
2. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
(c) Toast with butter.
3. In Part I, how many dances did Nancy say that she danced with George Sheridan?
4. What color shop coat does Eilis buy in Part I?
5. What time does Eilis get home after her work day in Part II?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years will Eilis need to attend Brooklyn College to get a good job?
2. The night after Eilis's first sale at Bartocci's, what are Patty and Diana modeling that they just purchased?
3. During Eilis's first Christmas serving at Father Flood's dinner, how many potatoes is everyone allowed?
4. What day of the week does Miss Kelly want Eilis to work in her store in Part I?
5. How long is Rose allowed to stay on the boat Eilis is taking to American before she has to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eilis feel after receiving her first three letters from home?
2. Who is Father Flood?
3. How does Miss Bartocci tell Eilis customers are treated?
4. What does Miss Kelly say about her helper Mary?
5. What is the "Famous Nylon Sale" at Bartocci's?
6. What are the accommodations like at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
7. What does Mrs. Kehoe like to talk about?
8. How does Eilis get a shop coat and what type does she buy?
9. What does Eilis know about Miss Kelly's store before she goes to work there?
10. What classes does Father Flood help Eilis enroll in?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)