|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to pay for Eilis's passage to America?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) She is.
(d) Father Flood.
2. At Mrs. Kehoe's, what type of frames around picture in the sitting room?
3. Who does Father Flood say is most likely to do Eilis a favor and get her enrolled?
4. What does George buy Nancy and Eilis to drink when they are at a dance on the Sunday Eilis first works for Miss Kelly?
(a) Iced tea.
(d) Root beer.
5. During Eilis's first Christmas serving at Father Flood's dinner, how many potatoes is everyone allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does the lodger, Diana Montini, have?
2. What type of meat do people say is the best sold anywhere and is sold by Miss Kelly?
3. How many other Irish girls have taken classes at Brooklyn College where Father Flood enrolls her?
4. Where was Mrs. Kehoe's husband from?
5. Who washes the clothes of the girls who live at Mrs. Kehoe's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose go to Dublin twice a year?
2. What news does Nancy have when Eilis sees her after talking to Miss Kelly about a job?
3. What are the accommodations like at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
4. What does Miss Kelly say about her helper Mary?
5. What job does Miss Kelly offer Eilis?
6. What is the "Famous Nylon Sale" at Bartocci's?
7. What hours and days of the week is Eilis to work and does she get any benefits?
8. What does Miss Kelly give Eilis when she has her come in and work an extra day in the shop?
9. What does Mrs. Kehoe like to talk about?
10. How does Eilis feel after receiving her first three letters from home?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)