|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eilis shows Tony her letter from Brooklyn College in Part III, Section 2, where does he want to go to celebrate?
(a) Nice restaurant.
(b) Coney Island.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A movie.
2. What is Mr. Rosenblum's religious heritage?
3. In Part III at the first parish dance, what instrument does an accordion player switch to when the music changes?
4. What color blouse does Delores wear when she goes to the parish dance with Eilis?
5. If Eilis passes her exams, how long will it probably be before she can have a job in the office at Bartocci's?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Six months.
6. Who will attend Rose's mass in Brooklyn with Eilis?
(a) Tony, his mother, and his brothers.
(b) Tony and his family.
(c) Mrs. Kehoe and the boarders.
(d) Tony, his mother, and Mrs. Kehoe.
7. What does Tony bring from home to drink when he takes Eilis to Coney Island in Part III, Section 2?
(b) Ice Tea.
8. In Part III, what is the name of the other associate besides Eilis that Miss Fortini makes an announcement about changes in the store.
(a) Miss Porcini.
(b) Miss Murphy.
(c) Miss Delano.
(d) Miss Corbetta.
9. In Part III, Section 2, at what restaurant does Tony want to take Eilis to celebrate the news that she passed all her classes?
10. What time does Tony pick Eilis up from the boarding house the first time he meets her there?
11. In Part III, Section 2, who does Tony say they will get revenge on during the first baseball game Tony takes Eilis to?
(a) Jackie Robinson.
(b) Pee Wee Reese.
(c) Preacher Roe.
(d) Bobby Thomson.
12. What is one of the songs the musicians play at the dance when Eilis meets Tony?
(a) The Irish Rover.
(b) Come Out Ye Black and Tans.
(c) A Nation Once Again.
(d) The Siege of Ennis.
13. Who does Eilis attend the first parish dance with in Part III?
(a) Miss McAdam.
(b) Patty and Diana.
(c) Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan.
14. What color stockings are going to be sold at Bartocci's store in Part III?
(a) Black fox, taupe, and chocolate.
(d) Red Fox, Sepia, and Coffee.
15. How much time does Eilis want Father Flood to ask the Bartoccis for an unpaid leave while she goes to Ireland?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the priest's name who hears Eilis's confession after she and Tony sleep together?
2. What is Delores Grace's occupation?
3. Where do Tony and Eilis spend the night after Eilis receives her first letter from home after Rose's death?
4. What color hair does Delores Grace have?
5. What does Tony do for a living?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)