|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the first parish dance in Part III, what does Sheila get herself and the others to drink?
(a) Root beer.
(b) Lemon soda.
2. How many brothers does Tony have?
3. Who does Eilis attend the first parish dance with in Part III?
(a) Patty and Diana.
(c) Miss McAdam.
(d) Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan.
4. What is one of the songs the musicians play at the dance when Eilis meets Tony?
(a) A Nation Once Again.
(b) The Siege of Ennis.
(c) The Irish Rover.
(d) Come Out Ye Black and Tans.
5. What time does Eilis leave for the first parish dance in Part III?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
6. Where are Tony's parents from?
7. What color blouse does Delores wear when she goes to the parish dance with Eilis?
8. What is the name of the police officer who will keep a special watch on Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house if she removes the lock she put on the basement door?
(a) Sergeant O'Brien.
(b) Sergeant McElwin.
(c) Sergeant O'Toole.
(d) Sergeant Mulhall.
9. What time of day does Eilis go to see Tony after receiving her first letter from home after Rose's death?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
10. When Eilis starts her second year of classes at Brooklyn College, what night does she see a movie with Tony?
11. In Part III, what is the name of the other associate besides Eilis that Miss Fortini makes an announcement about changes in the store.
(a) Miss Porcini.
(b) Miss Corbetta.
(c) Miss Delano.
(d) Miss Murphy.
12. What does Eilis want to do the afternoon after Father Flood has a memorial mass for Rose?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go back to work.
(c) Have lunch.
(d) Go to Tony's.
13. Where does Miss Keegan go to live in Part III?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) Long Island.
14. How much time does Eilis want Father Flood to ask the Bartoccis for an unpaid leave while she goes to Ireland?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) One month.
15. What color hair does Delores Grace have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are Tony and Eilis married in a civil ceremony in Part III, Section 2?
2. When Eilis shows Tony her letter from Brooklyn College in Part III, Section 2, where does he want to go to celebrate?
3. What color stockings are going to be sold at Bartocci's store in Part III?
4. How many houses do Tony, Maurice, and Laurence plan to build on the land they buy?
5. What does Mrs. Kehoe bring Tony and Father Flood when Eilis returns to the boarding house after speaking to her mother on the phone in Part III, Section 2?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)