|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eilis not think that Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan can help her pick out clothes?
(a) They look dowdy.
(b) They are too modern and loud in their attire.
(c) They have a horrible sense of color.
(d) They are too formal and stiff in their attire.
2. How did Rose die?
(a) At work.
(b) Walking home from work.
(c) In her sleep.
(d) Playing golf.
3. In Part III, what day of the week does Father Flood decide to hold dances?
4. At what friend's house did Mrs. Kehoe once watch a baseball game?
(a) Mrs. Waters.
(b) Mrs. Murphy.
(c) Miss Peters.
(d) Miss Scanlan.
5. In Part III at the first parish dance, what instrument does an accordion player switch to when the music changes?
6. How many houses do Tony, Maurice, and Laurence plan to build on the land they buy?
7. What is the name of the police officer who will keep a special watch on Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house if she removes the lock she put on the basement door?
(a) Sergeant Mulhall.
(b) Sergeant O'Toole.
(c) Sergeant O'Brien.
(d) Sergeant McElwin.
8. Where is Tony waiting for Eilis when she comes back to Mrs. Kehoe's after speaking to her mother on the phone in Part III, Section 2?
(a) Sitting room.
(c) Front porch.
(d) Back porch.
9. Where are Tony's parents from?
10. What sport did Eilis's father and brothers listen to on summer Sundays?
11. What type of dancing does Patty want to sit out in Part III?
12. Where does Miss Keegan go to live in Part III?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Long Island.
13. What does Mrs. Kehoe bring Tony and Father Flood when Eilis returns to the boarding house after speaking to her mother on the phone in Part III, Section 2?
(a) Sandwiches and lemonade.
(b) Cookies and lemonade.
(c) Sandwiches and tea.
(d) Cookies and coffee.
14. What color stockings are going to be sold at Bartocci's store in Part III?
(a) Red Fox, Sepia, and Coffee.
(d) Black fox, taupe, and chocolate.
15. In Part III, Section 2, when Tony and Eilis go to Coney Island, how long is their train ride?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) About a half an hour.
(d) 90 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the first colored women who shop at Bartocci's in Part III?
2. What color hair and eyes does Tony have?
3. What does Tony do for a living?
4. What is Mr. Rosenblum's first name?
5. What is the priest's name who hears Eilis's confession after she and Tony sleep together?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)