|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the songs the musicians play at the dance when Eilis meets Tony?
(a) Come Out Ye Black and Tans.
(b) A Nation Once Again.
(c) The Siege of Ennis.
(d) The Irish Rover.
2. Why does Eilis not think that Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan can help her pick out clothes?
(a) They look dowdy.
(b) They have a horrible sense of color.
(c) They are too modern and loud in their attire.
(d) They are too formal and stiff in their attire.
3. What is the name of Eilis's mother's priest?
(a) Father Walker.
(b) Father Quaid.
(c) Father Murphy.
(d) Father Peters.
4. What does Eilis want to do the afternoon after Father Flood has a memorial mass for Rose?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Go back to work.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Go to Tony's.
5. In Part III, where is the special law book store that Mr. Rosenblum recommends to Eilis?
(a) East Forty-second Street.
(b) Thirty-ninth Street and Fifth Avenue.
(c) West Twenty-third Street.
(d) Twenty-second Street and Fifty-third Avenue.
6. In Part III, how much bigger is Eilis's new room at the boarding house?
(b) Half again.
(c) A third.
(d) Several hundred feet.
7. When Eilis starts her second year of classes at Brooklyn College, what night does she see a movie with Tony?
8. What color blouse does Delores wear when she goes to the parish dance with Eilis?
9. What color hair and eyes does Tony have?
(a) Brown hair and brown eyes.
(b) Blonde hair and blue eyes.
(c) Red hair and green eyes.
(d) Black hair and hazel eyes.
10. At the first parish dance in Part III, what does Sheila get herself and the others to drink?
(b) Root beer.
(c) Lemon soda.
11. In Part III, Section 2, at what restaurant does Tony want to take Eilis to celebrate the news that she passed all her classes?
12. In Part III, what day of the week does Father Flood decide to hold dances?
13. Who writes to Eilis after Rose's death?
(c) Her mother.
14. How old are the first colored women who shop at Bartocci's in Part III?
15. How many houses do Tony, Maurice, and Laurence plan to build on the land they buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miss Delano from?
2. What type of dancing does Patty want to sit out in Part III?
3. What time are Tony and Eilis married in a civil ceremony in Part III, Section 2?
4. If Eilis passes her exams, how long will it probably be before she can have a job in the office at Bartocci's?
5. What is Delores Grace's occupation?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)