|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are the first colored women who shop at Bartocci's in Part III?
2. What type of dancing does Patty want to sit out in Part III?
3. What does Eilis's mother say that Rose had been seeing a doctor for?
(a) Liver condition.
(b) Joint problems.
(d) Heart condition.
4. What day of the week does Eilis go to the special law book store in Part III?
5. In Part III, where is the special law book store that Mr. Rosenblum recommends to Eilis?
(a) West Twenty-third Street.
(b) Thirty-ninth Street and Fifth Avenue.
(c) Twenty-second Street and Fifty-third Avenue.
(d) East Forty-second Street.
6. By the end of Part III, Section 1, how many times a week is Eilis having lunch with Miss Fortini?
(a) One or two.
(b) Two or three.
7. Who will attend Rose's mass in Brooklyn with Eilis?
(a) Tony and his family.
(b) Tony, his mother, and Mrs. Kehoe.
(c) Mrs. Kehoe and the boarders.
(d) Tony, his mother, and his brothers.
8. Why does Eilis not think that Miss McAdam and Sheila Heffernan can help her pick out clothes?
(a) They have a horrible sense of color.
(b) They are too formal and stiff in their attire.
(c) They look dowdy.
(d) They are too modern and loud in their attire.
9. In Part III, where does Sheila Heffernan say that she has heard that dances are dangerous?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Manhattan side.
(c) Lower Brooklyn.
10. What is Delores Grace's occupation?
(c) Shop girl.
11. What is the name of Eilis's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Murphy.
(b) Dr. Manson.
(c) Dr. Winters.
(d) Dr. Cudigan.
12. Where do Tony and Eilis spend the night after Eilis receives her first letter from home after Rose's death?
(a) Father Flood's parish hall.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Tony's family's apartment.
(d) Eilis's room.
13. What does Mrs. Kehoe bring Tony and Father Flood when Eilis returns to the boarding house after speaking to her mother on the phone in Part III, Section 2?
(a) Cookies and coffee.
(b) Sandwiches and tea.
(c) Cookies and lemonade.
(d) Sandwiches and lemonade.
14. How did Rose die?
(a) In her sleep.
(b) Walking home from work.
(c) At work.
(d) Playing golf.
15. In Part III, Section 2, why does Father Flood come to Bartocci's to speak with Eilis?
(a) Jack has died.
(b) Martin has died.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Rose has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Keegan go to live in Part III?
2. What is the name of the place where Eilis sees her first baseball game?
3. What color hair and eyes does Tony have?
4. What time are Tony and Eilis married in a civil ceremony in Part III, Section 2?
5. How many brothers does Tony have?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)