|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose carrying when Eilis sees her coming home from work at the beginning of Part I?
(b) Cloth bag.
(c) New leather handbag.
2. Why has Father Flood not been coming around to check on Eilis in the first few weeks she has been in America?
(a) He was too busy.
(b) He had been sick.
(c) He thought she did not want him to.
(d) Mrs. Kehoe asked him not to.
3. Where do Rose and Eilis have lunch together before Eilis takes the taxi to the boat in Liverpool?
(a) Willows Tea Room.
(b) Wyatt Hotel.
(c) Rosehead Tea Room.
(d) Gresham Hotel.
4. How many years will Eilis need to attend Brooklyn College to get a good job?
5. What color dress is Nancy wearing when they go to dance on Sunday night the first day that Eilis has worked for Miss Kelly?
6. How much does Miss Kelly offer to pay Eilis to work in her store one day a week?
(a) Ten and two.
(b) Seven and six.
(c) Eight and three.
(d) Five and four.
7. Where does Eilis go for a physical so she can travel to America?
8. What type of business does Jim Farrell's father own?
(d) Feed store.
9. During Eilis's first Christmas serving at Father Flood's dinner, how many potatoes is everyone allowed?
10. On what street is Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house?
(a) Clinton Street.
(b) Milton Street.
(c) Washburn Street.
(d) Park Street.
11. What classes does Father Flood manage to enroll Eilis in?
(a) Typing and bookkeeping.
(b) Cash management and bookkeeping.
(c) Accounting and typing.
(d) Bookkeeping and preliminary accountancy.
12. What hours does Eilis work at Bartocci's?
13. How does Eilis feel the night after she receives her first letters from home?
14. How long is Rose allowed to stay on the boat Eilis is taking to American before she has to leave?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) About an hour.
(d) 25 minutes.
15. How many nights a week does Father Flood think that Eilis should attend classes?
(a) One to two.
(b) Three to four.
(c) Four to five.
(d) Two to Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
2. Where is Eilis sitting at the beginning of Part I?
3. What color hair does the lodger, Diana Montini, have?
4. How many days does Father Flood arrange for Mrs. Kehoe to pack a lunch for Eilis her first week of classes?
5. During Eilis's fourth week working at Bartocci's, what is on sale?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)