|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color shop coat does Eilis buy in Part I?
2. What color hair does the lodger, Diana Montini, have?
3. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
(d) Toast with butter.
4. What day of the week does Miss Kelly want Eilis to work in her store in Part I?
5. Why has Father Flood not been coming around to check on Eilis in the first few weeks she has been in America?
(a) He had been sick.
(b) He was too busy.
(c) He thought she did not want him to.
(d) Mrs. Kehoe asked him not to.
6. What are Mrs. Keohoe's daily topics at dinner?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Changing fashions and new trends.
(c) News from Ireland.
(d) Her children.
7. Where was the lodger, Patty McGuire, born?
(a) New York.
8. Who does Father Flood say is most likely to do Eilis a favor and get her enrolled?
9. What time is there a rush of customers on Eilis's first day working at Miss Kelly's?
10. During Eilis's fourth week working at Bartocci's, what is on sale?
11. How many nights a week does Father Flood think that Eilis should attend classes?
(a) Two to Three.
(b) Four to five.
(c) Three to four.
(d) One to two.
12. What color dress does Georgina select for Eilis to wear when she leaves the ship?
(a) White with red floral pattern.
(b) Blue with stripes.
(c) Soft pink.
(d) Cream with a small flower border.
13. Who washes the clothes of the girls who live at Mrs. Kehoe's?
(a) An Italian woman and her daughter.
(b) Mrs. Kehoe.
(c) A Polish woman.
(d) A Chinese woman and her daughter.
14. Where does Eilis go for a physical so she can travel to America?
15. Where do Rose and Eilis have lunch together before Eilis takes the taxi to the boat in Liverpool?
(a) Rosehead Tea Room.
(b) Willows Tea Room.
(c) Gresham Hotel.
(d) Wyatt Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Eilis's brothers used to do imitation of the Sunday sermon, radio sports commentators, teachers in school, and other characters in town?
2. How much does Miss Kelly pay Eilis when she has her work an extra day?
3. What hours does Eilis work at Bartocci's?
4. What color cardigan is Rose wearing at the beginning of Part I?
5. How many days does Father Flood arrange for Mrs. Kehoe to pack a lunch for Eilis her first week of classes?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)