|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Father Flood say is most likely to do Eilis a favor and get her enrolled?
2. What is Mr. Bartocci's first name?
3. What is Miss Kelly's first name?
4. What college does Father Flood want to try to get Eilis to attend?
(a) City College.
(b) Bard College.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Hunter College.
5. Why does Eilis take note of all the details in the sitting room when she has tea with Mrs. Kehoe there?
(a) So she can have a room like it someday.
(b) So she can have something else to think about.
(c) She wants to always remember how lovely it is.
(d) So she can describe it to her mother and Rose.
6. Before Eilis sails to America, how many times has she used a shower?
(b) Three times.
7. What type of meat do people say is the best sold anywhere and is sold by Miss Kelly?
(b) Beef roast.
(c) Lamb chops.
(d) Pork chops.
8. During Eilis's first Christmas serving at Father Flood's dinner, how many potatoes is everyone allowed?
9. Where was Mrs. Kehoe's husband from?
(a) The Harrow.
(d) Kilmore Quay.
10. What is Eilis's law instructor's name?
11. What does Eilis write and tell her family is her favorite thing about America?
(a) The food.
(b) That the heat is kept on all night.
(c) Her classes.
(d) Her co-workers.
12. What is the name of the priest that Rose invites for tea in Part I?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) Father Flood.
(c) Father O'Reily.
(d) Father O'Brien.
13. At Mrs. Kehoe's, what type of frames around picture in the sitting room?
14. What is Rose carrying when Eilis sees her coming home from work at the beginning of Part I?
(c) New leather handbag.
(d) Cloth bag.
15. How much does Miss Kelly offer to pay Eilis to work in her store one day a week?
(a) Five and four.
(b) Eight and three.
(c) Seven and six.
(d) Ten and two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
2. The night after Eilis's first sale at Bartocci's, what are Patty and Diana modeling that they just purchased?
3. Where do Rose and Eilis have lunch together before Eilis takes the taxi to the boat in Liverpool?
4. What classes does Father Flood manage to enroll Eilis in?
5. Where was the lodger, Patty McGuire, born?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)