|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Eilis's brothers used to do imitation of the Sunday sermon, radio sports commentators, teachers in school, and other characters in town?
2. On the day of Eilis's first sale when working at Bartocci's, how many letters are there for her that evening?
3. Where is Eilis sitting at the beginning of Part I?
(a) Living room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Dining room.
4. How often does Georgina go home to Liverpool?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every 18 months.
(c) Every other year.
(d) Twice a year.
5. What color cardigan is Rose wearing at the beginning of Part I?
6. What color hair does the lodger, Diana Montini, have?
7. How many other Irish girls have taken classes at Brooklyn College where Father Flood enrolls her?
8. Why does Eilis take note of all the details in the sitting room when she has tea with Mrs. Kehoe there?
(a) So she can describe it to her mother and Rose.
(b) So she can have a room like it someday.
(c) So she can have something else to think about.
(d) She wants to always remember how lovely it is.
9. How much does Miss Kelly pay Eilis when she has her work an extra day?
(a) Four shillings.
(b) One shilling.
(c) Two shillings.
(d) Three shillings.
10. How many years will Eilis need to attend Brooklyn College to get a good job?
11. The night after Eilis receives her first letters from home, what does she call her bedroom at Mrs. Kehoe's?
(d) Rat trap.
12. What hours does Eilis work at Bartocci's?
13. Where does Miss Fortini send Eilis when Eilis shows up sad for the second day in a row at work?
(d) Staff room.
14. What day of the week does Miss Kelly want Eilis to work in her store in Part I?
15. In Part I, what classes has Eilis nearly finished?
(b) Teacher preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is there a rush of customers on Eilis's first day working at Miss Kelly's?
2. During Eilis's fourth week working at Bartocci's, what is on sale?
3. What type of business does Jim Farrell's father own?
4. What color uniform does Eilis wear at Bartocci's?
5. Where was Mrs. Kehoe's husband from?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)