|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eilis's landlady from?
2. What does Eilis buy her brothers for Christmas?
3. Before Eilis goes in Part I, how often has she been to seven o'clock mass?
(c) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
4. What color dress is Nancy wearing when they go to dance on Sunday night the first day that Eilis has worked for Miss Kelly?
5. On the day of Eilis's first sale when working at Bartocci's, how many letters are there for her that evening?
6. What time is there a rush of customers on Eilis's first day working at Miss Kelly's?
7. How many lodgers are at Mrs. Kehoe's boarding house other thanEilis?
8. What days will Eilis go to her classes at Brooklyn College?
(a) Monday and Tuesday.
(b) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
(c) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
(d) Tuesday and Thursday.
9. How often does Georgina go home to Liverpool?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every 18 months.
(c) Twice a year.
(d) Every other year.
10. Where do Rose and Eilis have lunch together before Eilis takes the taxi to the boat in Liverpool?
(a) Willows Tea Room.
(b) Rosehead Tea Room.
(c) Gresham Hotel.
(d) Wyatt Hotel.
11. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
(d) Toast with butter.
12. What is Mr. Bartocci's first name?
13. What hours does Eilis work at Bartocci's?
14. Who washes the clothes of the girls who live at Mrs. Kehoe's?
(a) Mrs. Kehoe.
(b) A Chinese woman and her daughter.
(c) An Italian woman and her daughter.
(d) A Polish woman.
15. How much does Miss Kelly offer to pay Eilis to work in her store one day a week?
(a) Seven and six.
(b) Eight and three.
(c) Ten and two.
(d) Five and four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Father Flood arrive on the second day that Eilis shows up sad at work?
2. How old does Eilis think that her roommate on board ship might be?
3. How long is Rose allowed to stay on the boat Eilis is taking to American before she has to leave?
4. Which of Eilis's brothers used to do imitation of the Sunday sermon, radio sports commentators, teachers in school, and other characters in town?
5. How many books does Rose pack for Eilis's voyage to America?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)