|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Section 1 (pages 97-153).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the songs the musicians play at the dance when Eilis meets Tony?
(a) A Nation Once Again.
(b) The Irish Rover.
(c) The Siege of Ennis.
(d) Come Out Ye Black and Tans.
2. What type of business does Jim Farrell's father own?
(b) Feed store.
3. What does Eilis write and tell her family is her favorite thing about America?
(a) Her co-workers.
(b) Her classes.
(c) That the heat is kept on all night.
(d) The food.
4. What does Miss Fortini bring Eilis after speaking to Miss Bartocci on the second day that Eilis is sad at work?
(b) Toast with butter.
5. What does George buy Nancy and Eilis to drink when they are at a dance on the Sunday Eilis first works for Miss Kelly?
(b) Root beer.
(c) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Eilis sails to America, how many times has she used a shower?
2. What is Delores Grace's occupation?
3. What is the nationality of the man that Father Flood knows who is willing to give Eilis a job in Brooklyn?
4. During Eilis's first Christmas serving at Father Flood's dinner, how many potatoes is everyone allowed?
5. In Part I, what classes has Eilis nearly finished?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)