• Eilis’s older sister, Rose, pays for her to study bookkeeping, and Eilis is almost finished with her courses.
• Rose is 30, a beautiful woman, and she works in an office.
• After work, Rose often goes out on the town with friends or plays golf.
• A young girl comes and tells Eilis that Miss Kelly wishes to see her.
• Miss Kelly owns and runs a grocery store.
• When Eilis arrives at Miss Kelly’s, she learns that Miss Kelly wishes to hire her to work at the store on Sundays after the seven o’clock mass.
• On Eilis’s way home, she stops to visit her friend Nancy Byrne, and her friend Annette O’Brien is already there.
• Nancy is excited to tell Eilis that she danced four dances with George Sheridan on Sunday night.
• Eilis’s friends are surprised to learn that she is going to...
This section contains 2,964 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)