|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(b) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(c) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(d) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
2. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(b) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(c) To stake out the Roman garrison.
(d) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
3. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) Thacia is getting married.
(b) His father, Hezron, is dead.
(c) He has left home and will not return.
(d) The Romans have captured Rosh.
4. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
(b) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(c) Some kind of machine.
(d) Some gear after a pack horse died.
5. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
(b) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
(c) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(d) His complete story.
6. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
(a) Jesus wants him to learn how to fish.
(b) Jesus wants him to collect taxes.
(c) Jesus wants too much money.
(d) Jesus asks him to give up his hate.
7. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Set fire to Capernaum.
(b) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
(c) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
(d) Go out and look for older men to help them.
8. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she hates Joel.
(b) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(c) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
9. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
(b) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(c) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(d) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
10. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
(b) Because he cannot concentrate.
(c) Because of his many injuries.
(d) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
11. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(b) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(c) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
(d) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
12. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
(a) All the boys of the bronze bow.
13. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A small doll that came from China.
(b) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(c) Some money to buy a new garment.
(d) A new baby goat.
14. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(b) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(c) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(d) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
15. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(b) To return home and take care of his father.
(c) To follow Jesus.
(d) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
2. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
3. What makes Leah withdraw again?
4. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
5. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)