|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
(a) Goes up on the roof because Leah is sleeping.
(b) Tells Leah all about the festival and the dancing.
(c) Makes Leah prepare him some supper.
(d) Tells Leah that it was boring.
2. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(c) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(d) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
3. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(b) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
(c) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(d) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
4. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
(b) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(c) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
(d) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
5. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(b) He cannot raise an army now.
(c) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(d) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
6. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) Samson had followed him.
(b) God had made the big rock fall.
(c) There were Romans up above his men.
(d) His plan was not going to work.
7. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(b) The blond Roman soldier.
8. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
9. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(b) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(c) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(d) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
10. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
11. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(b) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(c) Where the banquet will be held.
(d) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
12. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
(a) Find the man who threw the spear and kill him.
(b) Wait until the army is organized and join up.
(c) Samson gave his love and Daniel must learn to love like that.
(d) Love his sister the same way Samson loved him.
13. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
(a) The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(b) Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword.
(c) Love your neighbor as yourself.
(d) Time and tide wait for no man.
14. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
(a) He has failed in everything he tried to do.
(b) He did not go looking for the Roman soldier to kill him.
(c) He realizes that his outburst of temper with Leah has undone all her progress.
(d) He gave the brooch to Thacia instead of Leah.
15. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
(a) Joel and Nathan.
(b) Samson and Hezron.
(c) Joel and Thacia.
(d) Rosh and Ebol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
2. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
4. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
5. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)