|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
(b) That someone is following them.
(c) That he left something behind in the cave.
(d) That something has happened to Leah.
2. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) Leah's improvement.
(b) The words of Jesus.
(c) Rosh's growing army.
(d) What is happening back in Capernaum.
3. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
(a) He calls a meeting to decide what to do.
(b) He tells Daniel not to worry about his friend.
(c) He says he cannot spare men to do anything to rescue Joel.
(d) He says that they will rescue Joel in two days.
4. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
5. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(b) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(c) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(d) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
6. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Set fire to Capernaum.
(b) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(c) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
(d) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
7. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A dance she has learned to do.
(d) A basket of fruit.
8. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(b) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(c) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
(d) To stake out the Roman garrison.
9. What happens to Samson?
(a) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(b) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(c) He runs away back to the mountain.
(d) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
10. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(b) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(c) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(d) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
11. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(b) Some kind of machine.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
12. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(b) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(c) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(d) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
13. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
14. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(b) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(c) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(d) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
15. Why does Daniel go to Capernaum?
(a) To ask Jesus to heal Leah.
(b) To see if the army is raised yet.
(c) To tell Simon he is moving out of his house.
(d) To ask Thacia to come visit Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
2. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
3. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
4. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
5. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)