|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) His work and his sister.
(b) His hatred and his vow.
(c) Jesus and Simon.
(d) Joel and Thacia.
2. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some kind of machine.
(b) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some gear after a pack horse died.
3. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
(d) All the boys of the bronze bow.
4. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(b) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
(c) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
(d) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
5. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
(a) Not as soldiers but as petty thieves.
(b) As not trained enough to do the jobs they are given.
(c) As grateful to him for helping them get into Rosh's band.
(d) Not able to carry out the difficult assignments from Rosh.
6. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
(a) The girls in the village, how they are, and what they wear.
(b) Going shopping in the market.
(c) How she can meet some boys.
(d) How to plant and care for a garden.
7. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
(b) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(c) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
(d) An ambush on the road to the sea.
8. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(b) Some money to buy a new garment.
(c) A new baby goat.
(d) A small doll that came from China.
9. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(b) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(c) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(d) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
10. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(b) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(c) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(d) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
11. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
(b) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(c) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
(d) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
12. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
(b) To stake out the Roman garrison.
(c) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(d) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
13. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(b) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(c) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(d) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
14. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(b) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(c) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(d) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
15. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
(a) He must persuade him to take over his army of boys.
(b) He must get him completely out of his mind.
(c) He must change his feelings about the Romans.
(d) He must go and warn him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
2. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
3. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
4. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
5. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)