|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
2. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) Jesus and Simon.
(c) His hatred and his vow.
(d) His work and his sister.
3. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To return home and take care of his father.
(b) To follow Jesus.
(c) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(d) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
4. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
(b) Because of his many injuries.
(c) Because he cannot concentrate.
(d) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
5. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(d) Herod Antipas.
6. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(b) An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
(c) Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.
(d) Let not your left hand know what the right had is doing.
7. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A new baby goat.
(b) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(c) Some money to buy a new garment.
(d) A small doll that came from China.
8. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(b) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(c) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(d) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
9. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(b) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(c) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(d) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
10. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(b) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(c) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
(d) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
11. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
(a) Samson gave his love and Daniel must learn to love like that.
(b) Love his sister the same way Samson loved him.
(c) Wait until the army is organized and join up.
(d) Find the man who threw the spear and kill him.
12. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(b) He cannot raise an army now.
(c) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(d) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
13. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
(a) Rosh and Ebol.
(b) Joel and Thacia.
(c) Samson and Hezron.
(d) Joel and Nathan.
14. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
(b) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(c) Samson has run away.
(d) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
15. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(b) That he could take the place of Joktan.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That living there would be good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
2. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
3. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
4. What happens to Samson?
5. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)