|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(b) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(c) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(d) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
2. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
(a) He wants to have him tried as a blasphemer.
(b) His daughter is sick and he wants Jesus to heal her.
(c) He wants to identify Jesus so he can persecute him.
(d) He wants to hear for himself what everyone is saying.
3. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
(a) Rosh and Ebol.
(b) Joel and Nathan.
(c) Samson and Hezron.
(d) Joel and Thacia.
4. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(b) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(c) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(d) Where the banquet will be held.
5. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(b) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(c) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(d) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
6. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(b) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(c) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(d) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
7. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) Rosh's growing army.
(b) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(c) The words of Jesus.
(d) Leah's improvement.
8. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(b) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(c) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(d) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
9. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(b) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(c) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(d) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
10. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(b) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(c) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
(d) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
11. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(b) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(c) That she wants to get married.
(d) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
12. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Simon.
(b) He sends a message to Thacia.
(c) He sends for Joel.
(d) He sends for Jesus.
13. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she will not make his supper.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(d) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
14. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(b) Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.
(c) An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
(d) Let not your left hand know what the right had is doing.
15. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(b) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(c) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(d) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
2. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
3. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
4. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
5. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)