|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(b) That living there would be good for him.
(c) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(d) That he could take the place of Joktan.
2. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She says she will have to think about it.
(b) She claps her hands.
(c) She cringes.
(d) She jumps for joy.
3. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
4. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
(b) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(c) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(d) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
5. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(a) Herod Antipas.
6. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) The words of Jesus.
(b) Leah's improvement.
(c) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(d) Rosh's growing army.
7. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
8. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(b) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(c) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(d) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
9. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(b) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(c) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(d) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
10. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(b) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
(c) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(d) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
11. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
(a) He is immediately excited and wants to go.
(b) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(c) He tells Jesus he can't because of Leah.
(d) He wants to know what milliary rank he will be given.
12. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(b) The other boys come to his rescue.
(c) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
(d) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
13. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
(a) Jesus wants too much money.
(b) Jesus asks him to give up his hate.
(c) Jesus wants him to learn how to fish.
(d) Jesus wants him to collect taxes.
14. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
15. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
(a) Leah becomes sane and the goat comes back to life.
(b) Daniel is released from his hatred and Leah from her fears.
(c) Daniel forgets his vow and sees Thacia as a woman.
(d) Jesus heals Leah and then disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
2. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
3. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
4. What makes Leah withdraw again?
5. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)