|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(b) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(c) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(d) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
2. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(b) Where the banquet will be held.
(c) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(d) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
3. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she really does not like him.
(b) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(c) That she does not like Leah.
(d) That she wants him to see her as a female.
4. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
(b) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(c) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
(d) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
5. How did Nathan die?
(a) He lost his footing and fell right into a group of Romans.
(b) He was accidentally killed by Samson.
(c) He fell on his own sword.
(d) He was killed while pulling Daniel up from the path.
6. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(b) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(c) The boys have now grown old enough.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
7. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(b) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(c) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(d) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
8. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
(a) A festival in Capernaum.
(b) For a walk around the village.
(c) To the synagogue.
(d) Up on the mountain.
9. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
(b) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some kind of machine.
10. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
(a) Leah is locked in her fear and Daniel in his hate.
(b) There are no windows in Simon's house.
(c) They never look around them.
(d) Now neither of them ever goes outside.
11. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(b) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(c) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(d) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
12. What happens to Samson?
(a) He runs away back to the mountain.
(b) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
(c) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(d) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
13. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(b) His complete story.
(c) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
(d) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
14. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(b) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(c) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
(d) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
15. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because of his many injuries.
(b) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
(c) Because he cannot concentrate.
(d) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
2. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
3. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
4. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
5. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)