|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
2. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To follow Jesus.
(b) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(c) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(b) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(c) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(d) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
4. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(b) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(c) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
(d) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
5. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Jesus.
(b) He sends for Simon.
(c) He sends for Joel.
(d) He sends a message to Thacia.
6. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(b) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(c) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
(d) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
7. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
(a) Love your neighbor as yourself.
(b) The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(c) Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword.
(d) Time and tide wait for no man.
8. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(b) An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
(c) Let not your left hand know what the right had is doing.
(d) Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.
9. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
(b) All the boys of the bronze bow.
10. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) The Romans have captured Rosh.
(b) His father, Hezron, is dead.
(c) Thacia is getting married.
(d) He has left home and will not return.
11. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
(b) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(c) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(d) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
12. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
13. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(b) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
(c) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(d) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
14. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) He cannot raise an army now.
(b) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(c) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(d) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
15. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
(a) Not as soldiers but as petty thieves.
(b) Not able to carry out the difficult assignments from Rosh.
(c) As grateful to him for helping them get into Rosh's band.
(d) As not trained enough to do the jobs they are given.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
2. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
3. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
4. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
5. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)