|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When Thacia stands up to go.
(b) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(c) When there is a loud knock at the door.
(d) When Joel enters the room.
2. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(b) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(c) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(d) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
3. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
(a) Jesus heals Leah and then disappears.
(b) Daniel is released from his hatred and Leah from her fears.
(c) Daniel forgets his vow and sees Thacia as a woman.
(d) Leah becomes sane and the goat comes back to life.
4. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
(a) How to plant and care for a garden.
(b) How she can meet some boys.
(c) Going shopping in the market.
(d) The girls in the village, how they are, and what they wear.
5. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) The words of Jesus.
(b) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(c) Leah's improvement.
(d) Rosh's growing army.
6. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
(b) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
(c) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(d) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
7. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(b) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(c) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(d) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
8. What happens to Samson?
(a) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
(b) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(c) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(d) He runs away back to the mountain.
9. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(b) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
(c) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(d) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
10. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
(a) Wait until the army is organized and join up.
(b) Love his sister the same way Samson loved him.
(c) Samson gave his love and Daniel must learn to love like that.
(d) Find the man who threw the spear and kill him.
11. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(b) Some kind of machine.
(c) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
(d) Some gear after a pack horse died.
12. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(b) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(c) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(d) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
13. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
(a) Let not your left hand know what the right had is doing.
(b) An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
(c) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(d) Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.
14. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
(a) All the boys of the bronze bow.
15. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She cringes.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She says she will have to think about it.
(d) She claps her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
2. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
3. What is Joel supposed to find out?
4. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
5. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)