|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
(a) Now neither of them ever goes outside.
(b) They never look around them.
(c) There are no windows in Simon's house.
(d) Leah is locked in her fear and Daniel in his hate.
2. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(b) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
(c) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(d) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
3. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(b) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
(c) The other boys come to his rescue.
(d) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
4. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(b) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
(c) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(d) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
5. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(b) Samson has run away.
(c) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
(d) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
6. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(b) His complete story.
(c) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
(d) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
7. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That something has happened to Leah.
(b) That someone is following them.
(c) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
(d) That he left something behind in the cave.
8. Where has Jesus gone?
(a) Up on the mountain where no one is to follow him.
(b) Out in a boat.
(c) To Jerusalem.
(d) With the Roman soldiers.
9. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) His work and his sister.
(b) Jesus and Simon.
(c) His hatred and his vow.
(d) Joel and Thacia.
10. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(b) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(c) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(d) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
11. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(b) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(c) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(d) That she wants to get married.
12. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(b) The blond Roman soldier.
13. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
(a) A basket of fruit.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A dance she has learned to do.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
14. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(b) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(c) To follow Jesus.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
15. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she hates Joel.
(b) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(c) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel go to Capernaum?
2. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
3. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
4. Who does Daniel see at the well?
5. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)