|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(c) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(d) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
2. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(b) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(c) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(d) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
3. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That someone is following them.
(b) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
(c) That he left something behind in the cave.
(d) That something has happened to Leah.
4. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(b) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(c) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(d) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
5. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) He cannot raise an army now.
(b) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(c) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(d) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
6. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
(a) Samson and Hezron.
(b) Rosh and Ebol.
(c) Joel and Thacia.
(d) Joel and Nathan.
7. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(b) Samson has run away.
(c) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
(d) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
8. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(b) Some money to buy a new garment.
(c) A small doll that came from China.
(d) A new baby goat.
9. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Joel.
(b) He sends a message to Thacia.
(c) He sends for Simon.
(d) He sends for Jesus.
10. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(b) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(c) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
(d) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
11. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she really does not like him.
(b) That she wants him to see her as a female.
(c) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(d) That she does not like Leah.
12. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(a) The blond Roman soldier.
13. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(b) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
(c) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(d) He keeps worrying about Leah.
14. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) Leah's improvement.
(b) The words of Jesus.
(c) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(d) Rosh's growing army.
15. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Jesus gone?
2. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
3. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
4. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
5. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)