|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Samson has run away.
(b) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(c) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
(d) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
2. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(b) The blond Roman soldier.
3. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(b) Rosh's growing army.
(c) Leah's improvement.
(d) The words of Jesus.
4. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(b) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(c) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(d) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
5. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Simon.
(b) He sends for Jesus.
(c) He sends a message to Thacia.
(d) He sends for Joel.
6. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(b) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(c) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(d) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
7. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
8. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some kind of machine.
(b) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
9. Who does Daniel see at the well?
(a) Jesus and Simon.
(b) Rosh and Ebol.
(c) Marcus, the Roman soldier.
(d) Thacia and Joktan.
10. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) Up on the mountain.
(c) For a walk around the village.
(d) A festival in Capernaum.
11. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(b) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
(c) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(d) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
12. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
(a) He says he cannot spare men to do anything to rescue Joel.
(b) He tells Daniel not to worry about his friend.
(c) He says that they will rescue Joel in two days.
(d) He calls a meeting to decide what to do.
13. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
(b) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(c) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
(d) His complete story.
14. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(b) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(c) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(d) That she wants to get married.
15. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
(b) That someone is following them.
(c) That something has happened to Leah.
(d) That he left something behind in the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
2. What is Joel supposed to find out?
3. How did Nathan die?
4. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
5. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)