|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(b) A small doll that came from China.
(c) A new baby goat.
(d) Some money to buy a new garment.
2. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
(b) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(c) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
(d) Set fire to Capernaum.
3. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
4. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) Samson had followed him.
(b) God had made the big rock fall.
(c) His plan was not going to work.
(d) There were Romans up above his men.
5. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(b) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
(c) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(d) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
6. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(b) That he could take the place of Joktan.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That living there would be good for him.
7. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
(a) Her new blue dress.
(b) A new baby goat.
(c) Thacia's visits.
(d) The stories he tells her about Jesus.
8. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(b) That she wants to get married.
(c) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(d) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
9. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
10. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(b) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(c) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(d) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
11. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(b) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(c) To stake out the Roman garrison.
(d) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
12. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
(a) He wants to hear for himself what everyone is saying.
(b) He wants to identify Jesus so he can persecute him.
(c) He wants to have him tried as a blasphemer.
(d) His daughter is sick and he wants Jesus to heal her.
13. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The boys have now grown old enough.
(b) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(c) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
14. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
(a) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(b) He is immediately excited and wants to go.
(c) He wants to know what milliary rank he will be given.
(d) He tells Jesus he can't because of Leah.
15. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(b) Herod Antipas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
2. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
3. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
4. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
5. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)