|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
(b) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(c) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
(d) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
2. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(a) Herod Antipas.
3. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A new baby goat.
(b) A small doll that came from China.
(c) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(d) Some money to buy a new garment.
4. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
(a) Now neither of them ever goes outside.
(b) There are no windows in Simon's house.
(c) Leah is locked in her fear and Daniel in his hate.
(d) They never look around them.
5. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
6. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(b) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(c) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(d) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
7. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
(a) For a walk around the village.
(b) To the synagogue.
(c) Up on the mountain.
(d) A festival in Capernaum.
8. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
(a) Leah becomes sane and the goat comes back to life.
(b) Daniel is released from his hatred and Leah from her fears.
(c) Daniel forgets his vow and sees Thacia as a woman.
(d) Jesus heals Leah and then disappears.
9. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(b) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
(c) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(d) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
10. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
(b) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
(c) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(d) Samson has run away.
11. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(b) That she really does not like him.
(c) That she wants him to see her as a female.
(d) That she does not like Leah.
12. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(b) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(c) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(d) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
13. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(b) Some kind of machine.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
14. How did Nathan die?
(a) He lost his footing and fell right into a group of Romans.
(b) He was killed while pulling Daniel up from the path.
(c) He fell on his own sword.
(d) He was accidentally killed by Samson.
15. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
(b) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
(c) Because of his many injuries.
(d) Because he cannot concentrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
2. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
3. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
4. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
5. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)