|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Jesus.
(b) He sends for Simon.
(c) He sends a message to Thacia.
(d) He sends for Joel.
2. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
(a) Up on the mountain.
(b) To the synagogue.
(c) For a walk around the village.
(d) A festival in Capernaum.
3. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some kind of machine.
(b) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(c) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
4. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(b) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(c) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(d) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
5. Where has Jesus gone?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) Out in a boat.
(c) Up on the mountain where no one is to follow him.
(d) With the Roman soldiers.
6. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
(a) Thacia's visits.
(b) A new baby goat.
(c) The stories he tells her about Jesus.
(d) Her new blue dress.
7. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(b) Where the banquet will be held.
(c) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(d) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
8. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(b) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(c) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(d) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
9. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
10. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
(a) There are no windows in Simon's house.
(b) Leah is locked in her fear and Daniel in his hate.
(c) They never look around them.
(d) Now neither of them ever goes outside.
11. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
(a) He wants to hear for himself what everyone is saying.
(b) His daughter is sick and he wants Jesus to heal her.
(c) He wants to identify Jesus so he can persecute him.
(d) He wants to have him tried as a blasphemer.
12. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
(a) How she can meet some boys.
(b) Going shopping in the market.
(c) How to plant and care for a garden.
(d) The girls in the village, how they are, and what they wear.
13. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(b) That living there would be good for him.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That he could take the place of Joktan.
14. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(b) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
(c) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(d) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
15. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(a) Herod Antipas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
2. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
3. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
4. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
5. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)