|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) His plan was not going to work.
(b) Samson had followed him.
(c) God had made the big rock fall.
(d) There were Romans up above his men.
2. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(b) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(c) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
3. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
(b) Samson has run away.
(c) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
(d) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
4. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) Rosh and Ebol.
(c) Joel and Nathan.
(d) Samson and Hezron.
5. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Joel.
(b) He sends for Jesus.
(c) He sends a message to Thacia.
(d) He sends for Simon.
6. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When Joel enters the room.
(b) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(c) When Thacia stands up to go.
(d) When there is a loud knock at the door.
7. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(b) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(c) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(d) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
8. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(b) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(c) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(d) He cannot raise an army now.
9. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That living there would be good for him.
(b) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That he could take the place of Joktan.
10. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
(a) The stories he tells her about Jesus.
(b) Thacia's visits.
(c) A new baby goat.
(d) Her new blue dress.
11. What happens to Samson?
(a) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(b) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
(c) He runs away back to the mountain.
(d) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
12. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(b) Where the banquet will be held.
(c) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(d) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
13. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) The other boys come to his rescue.
(b) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
(c) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
(d) Samson carries him and Joel away.
14. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
(b) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(c) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(d) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
15. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(b) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(c) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
(d) Like he no longer hates Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
2. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
3. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
4. How did Nathan die?
5. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)