|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
(a) He tells Daniel not to worry about his friend.
(b) He says he cannot spare men to do anything to rescue Joel.
(c) He calls a meeting to decide what to do.
(d) He says that they will rescue Joel in two days.
2. Who does Daniel see at the well?
(a) Thacia and Joktan.
(b) Rosh and Ebol.
(c) Jesus and Simon.
(d) Marcus, the Roman soldier.
3. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
(a) His daughter is sick and he wants Jesus to heal her.
(b) He wants to hear for himself what everyone is saying.
(c) He wants to have him tried as a blasphemer.
(d) He wants to identify Jesus so he can persecute him.
4. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
(b) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
(c) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(d) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
5. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(b) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(c) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(d) He cannot raise an army now.
6. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
7. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she will not make his supper.
(d) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
8. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(b) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
(c) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(d) He strikes Rosh in the face.
9. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(b) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(c) That she wants to get married.
(d) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
10. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she really does not like him.
(b) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(c) That she does not like Leah.
(d) That she wants him to see her as a female.
11. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(b) That living there would be good for him.
(c) That he could take the place of Joktan.
(d) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
12. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That something has happened to Leah.
(b) That someone is following them.
(c) That he left something behind in the cave.
(d) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
13. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(b) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(c) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(d) Where the banquet will be held.
14. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
15. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
(a) Tells Leah all about the festival and the dancing.
(b) Goes up on the roof because Leah is sleeping.
(c) Tells Leah that it was boring.
(d) Makes Leah prepare him some supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
2. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
3. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
4. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
5. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)