|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(b) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(c) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(d) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
2. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(b) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(c) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(d) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
3. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Simon.
(b) He sends a message to Thacia.
(c) He sends for Joel.
(d) He sends for Jesus.
4. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
(a) Jesus asks him to give up his hate.
(b) Jesus wants him to collect taxes.
(c) Jesus wants too much money.
(d) Jesus wants him to learn how to fish.
5. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
6. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(b) The blond Roman soldier.
7. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(b) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(c) He has to see Thacia.
(d) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
8. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
(b) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(c) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(d) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
9. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(b) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(c) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(d) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
10. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
11. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When Thacia stands up to go.
(b) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(c) When there is a loud knock at the door.
(d) When Joel enters the room.
12. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(b) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(c) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(d) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
13. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) Leah's improvement.
(b) The words of Jesus.
(c) Rosh's growing army.
(d) What is happening back in Capernaum.
14. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Time and tide.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Poverty and disease.
(d) Work and play.
15. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
(b) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(c) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(d) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
2. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
3. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
4. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
5. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)