|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(b) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(c) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(d) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
2. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(b) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(c) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
(d) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(b) He strikes Rosh in the face.
(c) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(d) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
4. What happens to Samson?
(a) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(b) He runs away back to the mountain.
(c) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(d) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
5. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She cringes.
(b) She claps her hands.
(c) She says she will have to think about it.
(d) She jumps for joy.
6. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(b) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
(c) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
(d) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
7. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(b) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(c) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(d) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
8. Why does Daniel now reject Rosh?
(a) Rosh is taking too much time to train an army.
(b) He is angry because Rosh thinks he is weak.
(c) He is robbing their own people and getting weaker instead of stronger.
(d) Rosh is acting too quickly and the Romans will overpower him.
9. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(b) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
(c) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(d) Like he no longer hates Romans.
10. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That living there would be good for him.
(b) That he could take the place of Joktan.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
11. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
(b) Set fire to Capernaum.
(c) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(d) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
12. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(b) The blond Roman soldier.
13. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(b) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
(c) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(d) To stake out the Roman garrison.
14. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
(a) The stories he tells her about Jesus.
(b) Thacia's visits.
(c) Her new blue dress.
(d) A new baby goat.
15. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(b) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(c) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(d) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
2. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
3. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
4. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
5. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)