|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
(b) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(c) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(d) Like he no longer hates Romans.
2. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
(a) Jesus wants too much money.
(b) Jesus asks him to give up his hate.
(c) Jesus wants him to learn how to fish.
(d) Jesus wants him to collect taxes.
3. What happens to Samson?
(a) He runs away back to the mountain.
(b) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(c) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(d) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
4. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That living there would be good for him.
(b) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That he could take the place of Joktan.
5. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(b) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(c) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(d) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
6. How did Nathan die?
(a) He lost his footing and fell right into a group of Romans.
(b) He fell on his own sword.
(c) He was accidentally killed by Samson.
(d) He was killed while pulling Daniel up from the path.
7. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
(a) Herod Antipas.
8. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(b) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
(c) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(d) He has to see Thacia.
9. Why does Daniel now reject Rosh?
(a) Rosh is acting too quickly and the Romans will overpower him.
(b) Rosh is taking too much time to train an army.
(c) He is angry because Rosh thinks he is weak.
(d) He is robbing their own people and getting weaker instead of stronger.
10. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She claps her hands.
(b) She says she will have to think about it.
(c) She jumps for joy.
(d) She cringes.
11. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To follow Jesus.
(b) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(c) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
12. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
(a) He wants to hear for himself what everyone is saying.
(b) He wants to have him tried as a blasphemer.
(c) He wants to identify Jesus so he can persecute him.
(d) His daughter is sick and he wants Jesus to heal her.
13. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) The words of Jesus.
(b) Rosh's growing army.
(c) Leah's improvement.
(d) What is happening back in Capernaum.
14. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A basket of fruit.
(c) A dance she has learned to do.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
15. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(b) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
(c) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
(d) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
2. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
3. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
4. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
5. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)