|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(b) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(c) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
(d) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
2. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(b) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(c) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
(d) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
3. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(b) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(c) He has to see Thacia.
(d) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
4. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(b) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
(c) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(d) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
5. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
(a) That Rosh is no longer their leader.
(b) That living there would be good for him.
(c) That he could read the scrolls to the men.
(d) That he could take the place of Joktan.
6. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(b) The boys have now grown old enough.
(c) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
7. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To follow Jesus.
(b) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(c) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
8. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because of his many injuries.
(b) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
(c) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
(d) Because he cannot concentrate.
9. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
10. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
(a) He must go and warn him.
(b) He must persuade him to take over his army of boys.
(c) He must get him completely out of his mind.
(d) He must change his feelings about the Romans.
11. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
12. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(b) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
(c) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
(d) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
13. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Work and play.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Time and tide.
(d) Poverty and disease.
14. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
(a) Tells Leah stories about their childhood.
(b) Tells Leah what he heard Jesus say.
(c) Writes a diary of all he has heard that day.
(d) Feeds Leah and goes to bed early.
15. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A small doll that came from China.
(b) A new baby goat.
(c) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
(d) Some money to buy a new garment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
2. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
3. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
4. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
5. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)