|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
(a) Love his sister the same way Samson loved him.
(b) Find the man who threw the spear and kill him.
(c) Wait until the army is organized and join up.
(d) Samson gave his love and Daniel must learn to love like that.
2. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(b) He has to see Thacia.
(c) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(d) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
3. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
(a) What is happening back in Capernaum.
(b) Leah's improvement.
(c) Rosh's growing army.
(d) The words of Jesus.
4. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
(b) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(c) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(d) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
5. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
(a) The girls in the village, how they are, and what they wear.
(b) How she can meet some boys.
(c) Going shopping in the market.
(d) How to plant and care for a garden.
6. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(b) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
(c) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(d) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
7. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
(a) An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
(b) Let not your left hand know what the right had is doing.
(c) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
(d) Love your neighbor and hate your enemies.
8. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To follow Jesus.
(b) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(c) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
9. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(b) That she really does not like him.
(c) That she does not like Leah.
(d) That she wants him to see her as a female.
10. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(b) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
(c) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(d) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
11. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(b) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(c) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(d) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
12. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(b) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(c) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(d) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
13. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
(a) Daniel forgets his vow and sees Thacia as a woman.
(b) Jesus heals Leah and then disappears.
(c) Daniel is released from his hatred and Leah from her fears.
(d) Leah becomes sane and the goat comes back to life.
14. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(b) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(c) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
15. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
2. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
3. What news does Joel bring one night?
4. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
5. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)