|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) Thacia is getting married.
(b) The Romans have captured Rosh.
(c) He has left home and will not return.
(d) His father, Hezron, is dead.
2. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(b) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(c) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(d) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
3. Who does Daniel see at the well?
(a) Thacia and Joktan.
(b) Rosh and Ebol.
(c) Jesus and Simon.
(d) Marcus, the Roman soldier.
4. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) His hatred and his vow.
(b) Joel and Thacia.
(c) His work and his sister.
(d) Jesus and Simon.
5. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(b) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
(c) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(d) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
6. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
7. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She cringes.
(b) She says she will have to think about it.
(c) She jumps for joy.
(d) She claps her hands.
8. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(b) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(c) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(d) Where the banquet will be held.
9. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
(a) Love his sister the same way Samson loved him.
(b) Wait until the army is organized and join up.
(c) Samson gave his love and Daniel must learn to love like that.
(d) Find the man who threw the spear and kill him.
10. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Fear and hate.
(b) Time and tide.
(c) Work and play.
(d) Poverty and disease.
11. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(b) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(c) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
(d) He has to see Thacia.
12. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
13. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
(a) He begs Rosh to reconsider.
(b) He goes to find Samson to help him convince Rosh.
(c) He tells Rosh he is no longer one of his men.
(d) He strikes Rosh in the face.
14. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends a message to Thacia.
(b) He sends for Joel.
(c) He sends for Jesus.
(d) He sends for Simon.
15. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
(a) That she really does not like him.
(b) That she blames him for Joel's leaving.
(c) That she wants him to see her as a female.
(d) That she does not like Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
2. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
3. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
4. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
5. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)