|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
(b) Set fire to Capernaum.
(c) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(d) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
2. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(b) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(c) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(d) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
3. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
(a) That Joktan is coming to spy for Rosh.
(b) That he left something behind in the cave.
(c) That someone is following them.
(d) That something has happened to Leah.
4. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) Jesus and Simon.
(b) Joel and Thacia.
(c) His hatred and his vow.
(d) His work and his sister.
5. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
(a) Daniel is released from his hatred and Leah from her fears.
(b) Leah becomes sane and the goat comes back to life.
(c) Daniel forgets his vow and sees Thacia as a woman.
(d) Jesus heals Leah and then disappears.
6. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
(a) He realizes that his outburst of temper with Leah has undone all her progress.
(b) He has failed in everything he tried to do.
(c) He gave the brooch to Thacia instead of Leah.
(d) He did not go looking for the Roman soldier to kill him.
7. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
(b) The other boys come to his rescue.
(c) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(d) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
8. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) Where the banquet will be held.
(b) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(c) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(d) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
9. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
(a) He says that they will rescue Joel in two days.
(b) He calls a meeting to decide what to do.
(c) He tells Daniel not to worry about his friend.
(d) He says he cannot spare men to do anything to rescue Joel.
10. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
(b) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(c) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(d) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
11. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
(b) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(c) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(d) Like he no longer hates Romans.
12. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She says she will have to think about it.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She cringes.
(d) She claps her hands.
13. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
(a) He must change his feelings about the Romans.
(b) He must persuade him to take over his army of boys.
(c) He must get him completely out of his mind.
(d) He must go and warn him.
14. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
(a) The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(b) Love your neighbor as yourself.
(c) Time and tide wait for no man.
(d) Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword.
15. How did Nathan die?
(a) He was accidentally killed by Samson.
(b) He was killed while pulling Daniel up from the path.
(c) He lost his footing and fell right into a group of Romans.
(d) He fell on his own sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who devises the plan that allows Joel to gather the information?
2. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
3. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
4. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
5. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)