|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(c) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(d) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
2. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some kind of machine.
(b) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(c) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
3. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) A festival in Capernaum.
(c) Up on the mountain.
(d) For a walk around the village.
4. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
(a) All the boys of the bronze bow.
5. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(b) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(c) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(d) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
6. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(b) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(c) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
(d) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
7. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(b) Where the banquet will be held.
(c) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(d) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
8. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(b) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(c) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
(d) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
9. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
(a) Goes up on the roof because Leah is sleeping.
(b) Tells Leah that it was boring.
(c) Tells Leah all about the festival and the dancing.
(d) Makes Leah prepare him some supper.
10. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A small doll that came from China.
(b) A new baby goat.
(c) Some money to buy a new garment.
(d) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
11. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
(b) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(c) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(d) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
12. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
(b) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(c) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(d) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
13. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(b) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
(c) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(d) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
14. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
(b) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(c) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(d) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
15. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
2. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
4. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
5. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)