|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(b) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(c) They both come from the same city.
(d) They are both blacksmiths.
2. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(b) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
(d) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
3. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His sitting next to Thacia.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(d) His ignorance of table manners.
4. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
(a) They have no ambition.
(b) They are just like the Romans.
(c) They are always talking but never acting.
(d) They don't see anything wrong with the Romans.
5. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He refuses to do it.
(b) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
(c) He forgets to bow.
(d) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
3. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
4. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
5. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)