|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
(b) The Roman Legionnaires.
(c) Joel and Thrace.
(d) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(b) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(c) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(d) They want to see the view of the land below.
3. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Hezron's house.
(b) Cephas' house.
(c) Simon's house.
(d) The Synagogue.
4. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(d) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
5. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
(a) By the time they arrived, it will already be the Sabbath.
(b) There is no water for bathing in the village.
(c) People will fear Daniel because he is so dirty.
(d) If Daniel doesn't wash, his grandmother will not recognize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel from?
2. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
3. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
4. How is Simon brought into the camp?
5. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)