|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(b) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(c) He wants to see the large black man.
(d) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
2. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
(b) He is thirsty.
(c) He is suddenly very tired.
(d) He hears the Romans coming.
3. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(b) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(c) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(d) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
4. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
(a) Not really wanting to drive the Romans out of the country.
(b) Being too arrogant for his own good.
(c) Trying to steal from the other men on the mountain.
(d) Having the flaw of weakness in his character.
5. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Rosh needs more men.
(b) Because of what Joel has seen.
(c) Because Joel is injured.
(d) Because the Romans are coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
2. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
3. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
4. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
5. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)