|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
(a) That he is very intelligent.
(b) That he is deaf and mute.
(c) That he is bigger than Rosh.
(d) That he is a danger to them.
2. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
(b) They overcharge for their goods.
(c) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(d) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
3. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(d) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
4. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(b) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(c) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(d) They come from different parts of the country.
5. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(d) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
2. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
3. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
4. What killed Daniel's mother?
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)