|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He teaches him to talk.
(b) He feeds him.
(c) He gives him some new clothes.
(d) He frees him from his shackles.
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(b) The lights of the windows.
(c) The dust his feet kicks up.
(d) The squalor of the village.
3. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She stares but does not speak.
(b) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(c) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(d) She screams for him to go away.
4. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
(a) That he is bigger than Rosh.
(b) That he is a danger to them.
(c) That he is deaf and mute.
(d) That he is very intelligent.
5. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A spice train.
(b) A silk train.
(c) A jewel train.
(d) A slave train.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
2. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
3. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
4. How is he useful to Daniel?
5. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)