|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(b) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(c) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(d) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
2. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(b) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
(d) He gets another message from Simon.
3. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(b) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(c) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(d) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
4. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She stares but does not speak.
(d) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(c) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(d) To go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
3. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
4. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
5. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)