|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
(a) Daniel's grandmother is dead.
(b) The grandmother's house has fallen down.
(c) Amelek is dead and Daniel can return to the village.
(d) Daniel's sister will not stop crying for her brother.
2. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(b) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(c) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
(d) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
3. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They overcharge for their goods.
(b) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
(c) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(d) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
4. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
(a) That she's being trained to be in charge of a household.
(b) That she's still not accustomed to living in the city.
(c) That she's been ill lately.
(d) That she's putting on city airs these days.
5. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(b) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
(c) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(d) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel from?
2. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
3. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
4. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
5. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)