|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She begs him to leave and never return.
(b) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(c) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(d) She faints.
2. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(b) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(c) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
(d) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
3. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(b) The burning of Ketzah.
(c) The abduction of his sister.
(d) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
4. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
(a) If Daniel doesn't wash, his grandmother will not recognize him.
(b) People will fear Daniel because he is so dirty.
(c) There is no water for bathing in the village.
(d) By the time they arrived, it will already be the Sabbath.
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(b) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To see if he is all right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
2. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
3. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
4. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
5. Where is Daniel from?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)