|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means there is a fire in the village.
(b) It means there is a concert in the village square.
(c) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(d) It means it is twelve noon.
2. What name do they give the black man?
(b) Black hulk.
3. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The abduction of his sister.
(b) The burning of Ketzah.
(c) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
(d) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
4. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
(b) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
5. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He forgets to bow.
(b) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
(c) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
(d) He refuses to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
2. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
3. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
4. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
5. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)