|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
(a) That she's putting on city airs these days.
(b) That she's being trained to be in charge of a household.
(c) That she's been ill lately.
(d) That she's still not accustomed to living in the city.
2. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(b) This Roman seems different from the others.
(c) He is afraid of horses.
(d) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
3. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He gives him some new clothes.
(b) He frees him from his shackles.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He teaches him to talk.
4. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His haircut.
(b) His ignorance of table manners.
(c) His sitting next to Thacia.
(d) His inability to carry on a conversation.
5. How is Simon brought into the camp?
(a) He is under heavy guard and in chains.
(b) He is inside a big wooden box.
(c) He is carried by Samson.
(d) He is blindfolded so he does not know where the cave is.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
2. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
3. Where is Daniel from?
4. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
5. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)