|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) They want to see the view of the land below.
(b) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(c) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(d) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
3. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He begins to yell curses at them.
(b) He thinks about joining them.
(c) He runs for cover.
(d) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
4. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The abduction of his sister.
(b) The burning of Ketzah.
(c) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(d) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
5. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(c) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(d) Conflict between youth and their elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
2. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
3. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
4. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
5. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)