|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) His master beat him every day.
(b) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(c) His girlfriend married another man.
(d) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
2. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
(a) That he is a danger to them.
(b) That he is very intelligent.
(c) That he is bigger than Rosh.
(d) That he is deaf and mute.
3. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(c) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(d) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
4. What name do they give the black man?
(c) Black hulk.
5. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) The cargo of silk.
(b) All their money.
(c) Bags of tea.
(d) A large black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
2. Who comes looking for Daniel?
3. How is he useful to Daniel?
4. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
5. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)